The game of football can go in two different ways depending on the country of origin. When we talk about the European sport, it refers to the team sport that involves kicking a round ball with the foot towards the end of the field where the goal is to score a point.
But when we talk about American football, also known as Gridiron football, it is a sport in which two teams of 11 players each defend goals at opposite ends of the field, with points scored by carrying an oval ball across the goal or kicking the ball over it.
Feel free to check out our collection of Game Icons here on our website.
Football Helmet Icon
Football Player Icon
Football Ball Icon
Football Club Icon
Black and White Football Icon
Basic Computer Icons
An icon is defined as a small graphical symbol of a program or file that, when clicked on, will be opened or “executed”. Icons are user to help the user quickly identify the type of file or program associated with that icon. The most common icons that you see on a standard Windows Operating System are the following:
- My Computer. This icon displays information about the hardware, network status, operating system installed, space on the hard drives, common folders, and the removable devices.
- My Documents. Displays the documents, images, music, videos, and the downloaded files on your computer.
- My Network Places. Displays the network services you can access such as the Wi-Fi connections present and available and the remote desktops connected to the computer.
- Recycle Bin. This contains files and folders that have been deleted. These can still be recovered if not yet removed permanently from the system.
Facts about Football/Soccer
- It is the most played and watched sport on Earth according to surveys.
- It has been said that it originated in China around 476 BC.
- The very first basketball was played using a soccer ball.
Facts about American Football
- The Super Bowl is the most watched television event in the United States.
- The first recognized football game was played between the Rutgers and Princeton Universities in 1869, using rules taken from rugby.
- Football helmets were not mandatory for football players until 1939.
For more icons to choose from, check out our collection of Free Vector Icons.
Cartoon Football Icon
Free Vector Football Icon
Modern Flat Football Icon
Burning Football Icon
Vintage Football Icon
Why Download Our Icon Samples?
These samples were carefully selected from among the best ones all over the Internet and were designed by creative graphic artists from all around the world, who have had a lot of experience designing icons. These samples can be downloaded easily for a reasonable fee, and you can choose to save it in either PSD, PNG, EPS, and Vector format. These samples are fully editable for your convenience and are in high resolution to assure you of clear and sharp quality icons.
How to Use Our Icon Samples?
- Search for the icon sample that you wish to use on our website (for easier navigation, click on the magnifying glass icon found on the upper right-hand corner of the page and type at least part of the sample’s title).
- Download the sample by clicking on the green download button underneath the sample’s thumbnail and save it somewhere on your computer’s directory.
- Open the icon sample on a photo manipulating software so you can start editing the image.
- Once you’re done editing, save it back on to your computer preserving the quality and resolution of the source file.
- Use the icons on your personal computer or on a website you’re developing.
For more icon samples, check out our collection of Crafted App Icons. But if you couldn’t find what you were looking for on this page, check out the links below for some related links found all around our website.