Throwing a birthday bash as an adult may not always be as festive an event compared to the birthday celebrations of one’s younger years. But this should not stop you from hosting a birthday party now that you are older. And to get the party planning ball rolling, you should first think up of a good adult birthday party invitation card design.
Of course, we will help you with that as this article focuses on providing countless tips on how to create compelling birthday party invitations. We will also share multiple adult birthday party invitation templates that you can download, edit, and use to your heart’s content. Keep scrolling and keep reading!
As promised, embedded below are more than ten examples of invitation templates that will suit any adult birthday party celebration. Each template can be edited according to your personal preferences. They are also available in multiple file download format from PSD to Microsoft Word file formats.
The most well-design birthday party invitation is one that grips the guest’s attention just by looking at it and, at the same, also piques their interest enough to remember to attend the birthday party. And to create adult birthday invitations like this, you need to incorporate a few essential elements or characteristics into your invitation card designs.
We have listed what these card design elements are below, so keep on reading!
1. Theme: One of the most important elements of a good card design is a coherent theme. This applies when creating adult birthday party invitation cards as well. Choose an invitation card theme that relates well to the birthday host’s true personality. For example, if it’s the 60th birthday party of a retired airline pilot, you may choose a design that incorporates elements of air travel and enjoying retirement. Take a look at this passport birthday invitation to get an idea of how to execute a design theme into an actual birthday party invitation card design.
2. Typography: The next essential feature that should be found in a party invitation card design is well-chosen typography. Remember, your guests will need to read the contents of the invitation card so that they will know what it is all about. To make this process more memorable and intuitive, choose complementary typefaces or font styles so that the entire invitation will be more readable.
3. Visual Hierarchy: Another important design element that should be present in a birthday event invitation card is a well-planned visual hierarchy. When designing or editing an invitation card template, make sure that the most important images or text are given appropriate emphasis.
Control the size and placement of these elements to help create a more intuitive card cover layout. You will know that you have applied the principle of visual hierarchy well when there is proper flow when reading and just looking at the invitation card design.
4. Invitation Card Wording: The content of the birthday party invitation card should not be forgotten. Pay attention to how you phrase the invite as this will affect how an invitee will respond to your request. To illustrate, if you are planning a formal adult birthday party in a fine dining restaurant, you may use formal wording in your invitation. Also, using an elegant invitation card design will not hurt.
And those are the four essential elements that help make a compelling adult birthday party invitation card design. Think about how these elements are used in your own party invites and make sure they are incorporated well.
Written below is a step by step guide on how to design your own adult birthday party invitation card. Read and study each step diligently so that you can create the best invitation card design for your own birthday party.
1. Choose a birthday party theme: As we have mentioned at the start of this article, choosing a theme for any graphic design project is extremely important. But before you decide on the invitation card’s theme, you should first choose a general theme for your birthday party. The party’s theme or motif should ideally influence all the other graphic design, decor, food arrangement, and even clothing styles used for the party. Choosing an overarching theme will create a more unified vibe for the entire event.
2. Decide if you want to create a handmade invitation or use a pre-made birthday invitation template: After choosing a birthday party invitation card theme, it’s time to decide if you want to create handmade invitation cards or if you want to use printable birthday party invitation templates instead. Follow the latter option if do not have a lot of time to handcraft each invitation and choose the former option if you have more personalized invitations sent out to a limited number of people. (Also, note that most of the next few tips are mostly applicable to using printable invitation templates only.)
3. Write down all the information you wish to include in the invitation card: Next, you should take the time to write down all the information that you want to include in your party invitation card. This way it will be easier to format your party invitation card template later on. Examples of what should be written on an invitation card are as follows: 1) Name of Event, 2) Date and Time of the Event, 3) Event Venue, 4) Name of Invited Guest/s, 5) RSVP options, 6) Party Host’s or Planner’s Contact Information, 7) Other Event Details like dress code, party theme, gift requirement, menu choices, or parking options.
4. Gather all materials: The next step is to prepare all the things that you need to create the party invitation card. If you are following the handmade card design route, this means you need to physically gather all the arts and crafts materials. And if you are using a printable template, it means compiling all the images, illustrations, font styles, layout guides, and text material needed to create your own own birthday party invitation template.
5. Decide on a card layout and printing size: And right before you start creating your invitation card template, you should next choose a card layout and preferred printing size. You will need these things before you can start editing digitally. Most invitation sizes follow the 5 inches by 7 inches printing (plus bleed) size. However, you may still other printing sizes depending on your preferences.
6. Start editing: And it is now time for you to open your preferred graphic design software and start combining all the different design and text elements into one blank card template. Keep your project theme in mind when creating an adult birthday party invitation card. And if you have chosen to use a printable invitation card template, you now have to make customizations on your purchased template. Replace all text and image placeholders with your own images and with information related to your own party.
7. Print out the template: Lastly, it’s time to finalize the invitation card template design, save the file, and print it out! You may use a home or office printer. Or, you may also bring the template file to your local print shop and they can print it for you. Remember, the latter option will cost more but it is preferable if you are going to print a lot of invitation cards.
If you follow all the steps above diligently, you will not have completed birthday invitation card in your hands. Congratulations and go plan the rest of your birthday party!
An invitation template is a pre-formatted digital file used to create a ready to print invitation card. If a template is specifically formatted to include text, images, style, and layout elements for a grown person’s birthday party, it is called an adult birthday party invitation template. Most of these templates are fully customizable and are also downloadable in different file formats.
To create a birthday party invitation template, you will need to know how to use any graphic design and editing software program. Examples of which are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Publisher.
Greeting cards can be any document that welcomes, acknowledges, and/or provides a message of kindness for any occasion or person. A birthday card is a type of greeting card that is only sent out to another person during his or her birth date.
Creating adult birthday party invitation cards is not a must-do for every party. But they surely add an element of fun to the whole birthday party planning process. So if you think you have the time, budget, and skills to pull off the dream birthday party event of your entire adult life, then go for it. This article will help jumpstart your invitation card design needs and you can always check out the rest of Template.net for more free birthday templates.