Though engagement parties and wedding tend to be very formal and intimate, the former can actually be made less formal and more casual if you choose. If you’re planning to throw an engagement party and make it somewhat unique, you might want to incorporate themes from barbecue parties to it.
The wonderful thing about barbecue parties is that they are actually easy to pull off even with very little planning. If this is indeed what you’re going for, we have a collection of barbecue engagement party invitation templates below that you can use. Start scrolling down to see the invitation templates yourself.
Elements of a Good BBQ Engagement Party Invitation
A good party invitation card can be measured by how informative it is while keeping its design clean and presentable. In order for that to be possible, only the most relevant information should be included on the invitation. In terms of what’s relevant and what’s not, below is a list of the elements that should be present on an engagement party invitation.
1. Name of the party host: Every party has to have a host. It is the very reason why there is a party in the first place. The party host refers to the person who has made the whole thing possible, and it may or may not be the same person being honored. Because of their efforts for putting together the party, they should be acknowledged on the invitation.
2. Type of party to be held: “What type of party is this going to be?” That would be the question that most people would ask when they receive the invitation card. You should specify on the invitation what they are being invited to, which in this case, is going to be an engagement party in barbecue theme.
3. Names of the engaged couple: Other invitations refer to this element as the honoree, and they are the reason why the party is being thrown. Since the party being thrown is an engagement party, then the honoree would involve two people. Indicate the names of the couple, and just like wedding invitations, the name of the bride-to-be should go first.
4. Date and time of the party: These two elements explain when the party is going to take place, and it should always be specific. Depending on the theme of the party, there are two ways of writing this element. If you’re going for a formal theme, then you may need to spell out the date and time in complete words; otherwise, you may be allowed to use abbreviations and/or numbers.
5. Street address of the venue: This element explains where the party is going to be held and it should also be specific so as not to mislead guests. Since barbecue parties are usually held at the host’s home, you should mention it on the invitation along with their complete street address.
6. Contact details: There may be times wherein the invited guests need to reach out to the host to ask a few questions regarding the party, which is why it is best to include the host’s contact number on the invitation. In order to conserve space on the invitation’s layout, just limit this to one contact number only.
7. RSVP: Even though the use of an RSVP is optional in casual invitations, it would be a best practice to do so since it allows the party host to anticipate how many people are actually attending the party. The RSVP can either be printed on the same card as the invitation, or it can also be printed on a separate card and have its own envelope.
9+ BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Templates
This article aims to provide people with everything they need for creating their own engagement party invitations, and here are the ten templates that you may download and use. These templates can greatly help in the process since they already come with elements and a fully editable design.
Barbecue Engagement Party Invitation Template
Chalkboard BBQ Party Invitation Sample
BBQ Party Invitation Card Design
Size: 4×6 Inches, 5×7 Inches
BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Layout
Size: 5×7 inchesDownload
BBQ Engagement Invitation
Elegant Barbecue Party Invitation Format
Size: 5×7 inches
Beautiful BBQ Invitation Sample
Plaid BBQ Engagement Party Invitation
Backyard Barbecue Engagement Invitation Design
How to Create a BBQ Engagement Party Invitation
If you’re asking how you should create your engagement party invitation, there are actually many ways of doing it, you may even be allowed to do it your way if you’re that confident. However, if you need a reference, you can always refer to this section. Our way is actually simplified, but it’s guaranteed to get the job done easily.
1. Prepare the content of the invitation: To help in ensuring that your invitation is worth reading, you should prepare what you intend on writing on it. Preparing a draft can give you an idea on what content to include and how to write them. Also, since the invitation card only provides a limited amount of space, you can ensure that the content is kept relevant in order to fit the space provided without overloading it.
2. Plan the layout of the invitation: Aside from the content, you should also make preparations of the invitation card’s layout. You may do this either by making a sketch of the layout or by simply writing down notes describing what elements to include and how to arrange them. With this, you’ll already have a clear picture of the invitation and determine whether or not it looks appealing enough.
3. Download a barbecue engagement party invitation template: Once you’ve got everything prepared, you can then proceed to downloading an invitation template from our website. By using a template, you’ll already give yourself a head start since templates come with elements and a design that you can fully customize.
4. Edit the downloaded invitation template: As we have said earlier, templates come with a design that you can customize. The templates that we have on this website can be edited fully and easily as long as you are using the right editing tool. During the editing phase, simply refer to the written draft and the sketch that you have prepared in Steps 1 and 2 to guide you in creating the invitation card that you want.
5. Print your invitations: After editing your invitation card’s design and adding in the content, the only thing left for you to do is to print them out. When printing invitations, always print more copies than intended because you might need them at times when you least expect it. It’s always better to have some extra at hand even when you don’t need them yet than to have none when you actually need them.
Simple Tips for an Excellent BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Layout
Engagement parties are just as memorable as the wedding day itself simply because it is the first event wherein the couple announces their plans of getting married in front of witnesses. For that, you shouldn’t take for granted the layout of your invitation and make it as memorable as the event it represents. Here is a list of tips that can help you out in ensuring that your engagement invitations end up having an excellent layout.
- Make it a point to keep the layout clean by adding a good amount of white space in between elements.
- When choosing to use creative fonts, always ensure the font is easily readable.
- Align the content centrally and follow the hierarchy of content to make it easy to go through.
Types of Invitations
There are various types of invitations to choose from, with each one having their own purpose. However, some types of invitations actually have multiple purposes and some even share the same purpose as another type. To be familiar with the different invitation types, feel free to refer to the list below.
1. Party invitation: Whether the party is going to be for an engagement, a birthday, or a graduation, this type of invitation can be used for all types of parties. With regards to the theme of the invitation, it should always reflect the theme of the party including its color scheme or the motif. Party invitations are probably the easiest to create since there aren’t any rules that need to be strictly observed, what matters is that the invitation is able to provide the reader with the necessary details about the party.
2. Business invitation: This type of invitation is used for all business-related gatherings which include but are not limited to meetings, seminars, or conferences. In most cases, business invitations are given to the employees of the company, but there are also instances wherein they are used to invite people who are outside the company. One example would be when businesses invite people to their seminars or product announcements, and another would be when one business wishes to invite another into becoming their business partner.
3. Wedding invitation: Obviously, this type of invitation is used for inviting people to a wedding. A wedding consists of a ceremony and a reception, and this invitation works for both by simply mentioning the time and venue for each. Since weddings are formal events, they will definitely require the use of the RSVP cards. Oftentimes, the couple will send out separate notifications to their guests in the form of a Save the Date card, which simply serves to inform the reader of the event and the date that it will occur.
4. Online invitation: This type of invitation is commonly used as a last resort when the time is scarce and you need to invite people at the last minute. Though this is often considered a less practical type of invitation, they are still better than not sending an invitation at all. Online invitations are actually sent out right after the content is added, and they no longer need to be printed out. Various websites offer this kind of service, and they are usually offered for free.
Sizes of Invitations
When creating your own invitation card, you will also be required to choose a size. You may refer to the list of the different invitation card sizes below if you wish, but you may also be allowed to make up your own card dimensions. When choosing to make up your own card size, ensure that space is more than just enough for the content.
- Square invitation: 5.25 x 5.25 inches
- Small response card: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- Big response card: 4.5 x 6.25 inches
- Standard invitation: 5 x 7 inches
- Medium-sized invitation: 5.5 x 7.5 inches
- Large invitation: 6.5 x 8.75 inches
FAQs about Invitations
There are actually more things that you should know about invitations, and they aren’t even mentioned in this article. To provide you with that information, we have gathered some frequently asked questions from the internet and answered them for you. Hopefully, these will also answer some of your concerns regarding the use of invitations.
1. What are invitations?
These are written mediums used to inform people that they have been formally requested to attend a certain gathering.
2. What does RSVP stand for?
RSVP stands for Répondez s’il vous plaît, which is French for “Please respond”.
3. When should you send the Save the Date and the Invitation?
The Save the Date should be sent as early as 4 months prior, while the Invitation card should be sent between 4 to 6 weeks before the event.
The invitation design templates that you have just seen were all designed by professional graphic artists, and they also come in numerous high-quality file formats to suit your needs. Other than that, those templates can also be fully and easily edited as long as you’re using the right editing tool. What have you got to lose? Download a template now.