Receiving birthday invitations as a guest adds a special touch when planning for birthday parties. It also provides an overview of how the party plays out for the day. In this day and age, though printed copies are still very much received, the trend of electronic birthday invitations has risen.
Whether a person chooses to use an electronic or printed invitation, birthday invitations are still very much relevant to our society. Not only is its purpose solely for informing guests regarding the event, but it serves as a keepsake for memories of that day.
Elements of a Good Birthday Invitation
The main purpose of a birthday invitation is to request the guest’s presence during their birthday and to celebrate with them. However, there are certain aspects of the invitation card that make recipients compelled to join the festivities. Here are a few elements of a good birthday invitation:
- Essential Information. Necessary details such as the who, what, when, where, and why’s of the party must be the focal content of the birthday invitation. The host must also leave their contact details in order for guests to RSVP to the event for organizers to know how many guests are joining for a smoother party.
- Additional Information. Not all simple birthday invitations require this element, but adding in details such as the theme, food situation, dress code, venue set-up, nature of the party, etc. will allow guests to be more prepared for the event. This boosts the day’s uniqueness level and will make it memorable for both the hosts and the guests.
- Design Elements. Taking into consideration who the party is for and if there is a theme for the day involved, adding in designs and photographs in line with these considerations add to the charm of a birthday invitation. This gives guests an overview of the party’s vibe which is important if you want most of your guests to join the event.
10 Birthday Invitation Templates
Teenage Birthday Party Invitation
18th Birthday Invitation Template
Baby’s First Birthday Invitation Design
60th Birthday Invitation Example
18th Birthday Invitation Template
Simple Birthday Invitation Template
BBQ Birthday Invitation Sample
Kitty Birthday Invitation Example
Star Wars Birthday Invitation Template
Email Birthday Invitation Design
Simple Birthday Invitation Design
Steps to Make a Great Birthday Invitation
An impressive birthday invitation not only informs but also attracts recipients to join in on the fun along with the guest of honor. Here are a few tips to consider to create an eye-catching and convincing birthday invitation:
- Select Preferred Design. Keep into consideration the formality and kind of party it is. Is it a solemn and more formal party? The simple yet sleek designs might be more appropriate. Perhaps it is laid-back and casual? Then add in a splash of color and designs that fit the theme.
- Choose the Preferred Size. Though the standard invitation size is 5 x 7 inches, choose the orientation you prefer. One can even customize by having a bi-fold or tri-fold invitation, depending on the budget.
- Set a Budget. If you are on a tight budget, create an invitation that has less color if it is necessary to print the invitations. You may also create a more fancy or colorful design, but choose to mail it via email, which doesn’t need much of a budget at all.
- Add Personal Touches. Applicable for printed invitations, adding a few embellishments such as gems or ribbon especially if it is a formal event can make a birthday invitation pop. Just ensure that it is not too bulky or saturated with added decors.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Birthday Invitation
- Choose a Visual Idea – Start with a visual idea that represents the guest of honor. Their age and personality become the theme not only for the invitation but for the whole event as well.
- Take Note of the Essential Contents – Do not forget adding in the important and additional information of the party on the invitation. Also, make sure that everything has been proofread before printing to avoid misspelled details and wrong information.
- Suitable Typography Utilized – Depending on the theme of the event, the fonts used should be suitable or appropriate. Formal birthday parties such as a golden birthday or debut can get away with calligraphy or handwritten fonts while children’s birthday party invitations should use bolder and more attractive fonts. The color of these fonts must also be considered.
- Make it into a photo keepsake – Allow for the invitation to be more significant or memorable to not only the guests but the guest of honor as well. This minimizes its chances of being just thrown away.
- Customize a Template – Using a pre-made template can allow a designer to create a birthday invitation quickly. This is especially useful for those who wish to create a DIY invitation but is limited to creative tasks.
Types of Birthday Invitations
A happy birthday invitation is as straightforward as it gets. Because of this, there aren’t many too many styles or types of invitations around, but here are a few that are appropriate for certain occasions:
- Flat Birthday Invitation – This invitation stands alone and does not have extra folds or embellishments. It is the cheapest to create and most simple. Though most flat invitations are printed only on one side, you may add additional details at the back if you wish.
- Folded Invitation – Because this invitation has more surface space, adding in more designs and information can be added without the invitation looking too crowded.
- All-in-one Invitation – A more charming and creative invitation that is perfect for more casual birthdays, but not so much for formal parties.
Birthday Invitation Template Sizes
- A7 Birthday Invitation – This is the standard size of a birthday invitation, with a measurement of 5 x 7 inches. This is appropriate for most events whether it is formal or casual birthday parties.
- Square Birthday Invitation – Fitting for smaller events, which doesn’t have many frills and designs. It solely informs recipients of the occasion and has a measurement of 5.25 x 5.25 inches.
- # 10 Invitation – Perfect for more formal parties, this is measured at 9 x 4 inches. This narrow birthday invitation is perfect for those wanting to add in a program of the birthday party.
Birthday Invitation FAQs
How can I make a creative birthday invitation?
At Template.net, pre-made birthday invitations can be used as soon as you download your chosen file. These include CMYK color space and a 300 DPI resolution. It also has ready-to-print characteristics and can be digitally shared for convenience. These also include free images and artworks as well as standard Google fonts.
Will I be able to customize the template designs?
Yes, you can! All templates from Template.net are easy to edit and personalize and give the user complete freedom to change whatever. All files have well-organized layers which make it simple for anyone.
What format files are compatible with the templates?
Some invitation templates are compatible with all versions of Adobe Illustrator (.ai), Adobe Photoshop (.psd), MS Word (.docx), MS Publisher and Mac Pages, however, some are only compatible on Adobe Illustrator (.ai) and Adobe Photoshop (.psd). Simply click on the design to see if your preferred software is compatible.
Can I print the designs on any kind of paper?
Printing characteristics are dependent on the printer itself. Should the printer be able to print on different finishes or thickness, then you will not have a problem using our designs for printing on quality printers. But please check the configurations of your printer first and if it is compatible with the paper you wish to use.
Template.net is the perfect place to find pre-made designs for those wanting to create their own simple yet beautiful birthday invitations. Whether you opt to digitally share these invitations or print it out for your guests, we ensure that you will own a birthday invitation template that will be of high quality. Because of the number of designs we have, you will be sure to find the right template for your particular birthday party.