There are lunch gatherings, and there are also dinner gatherings, and between the two, the latter is a lot more convenient for guests since it occurs after working hours. And of course, when there are parties or events, it would require the use of invitations to gather attendees.
If you’re looking for something that can help you out in creating your own dinner party invitations, we have the perfect resources for you. Below is a collection of various party invitation templates that you can download and use. Aside from the templates, we also have some guidelines and tips laid out for you.
1. Name of the dinner party host: A dinner party will always come with a host, it is the person responsible for putting together the party in the first place. Almost always, the host and the planner are the same people, especially if the dinner party is kept small and private, but there are also instances when the two roles are assigned to different persons, though this is only common in larger parties that need to be thoroughly planned. Whichever it is, the name of the party host should be indicated on the invitation.
2. Name of the party’s honoree: Oftentimes, a dinner party is dedicated for someone. Whether it is to congratulate them for an achievement or something else, a party is thrown in their honor. This person is referred to as the honoree, and if the party is indeed thrown for them, you should also include their name on the invitation.
3. Title of the dinner party: The title of a party is often used together with the name of the honoree. While the honoree’s name is intended to identify who the party is held for, the title identifies what type of party is going to be held. In this case, the party is going to be a dinner party, though you may be allowed to use other words to describe the party further.
4. Invitation message: Depending on the theme of the party, the invitation message can be as short as telling the reader that they have been invited to a dinner party, or it can be more thorough and formal. For most single-paged invitations, they try to make the message as brief as possible in order to give enough room for the other elements.
5. Date of the dinner party: With regards to the date, you can write it in two different ways depending on the theme of the party. For a party that requires a formal invitation, you will need to spell out the words completely and not use numbers for the event. But for casual dinner parties, you may be allowed to use both of them. Be sure to know the tone of the party in order to make the appropriate invitations.
6. Time of the dinner party: Just like the date, this element can also be written in two different ways depending on the theme of the event. However, there is also a third way of writing the time, and that is the military time which uses the twenty-four-hour system.
7. Venue or location of the dinner party: This element is meant to inform the reader where the dinner party is going to be held, and regardless if the reader is already familiar with the location, it should still be included on the invitation. If the party is going to be held in the host’s own house, then you should say [host]’s residence and then their street address. Otherwise, if the party is going to be held someplace else, be sure to include both the name of the place and the street address, you may even be allowed to mention landmarks or include a miniature map of the place.
8. The contact number of the host: When there is an invitation, the reader will often ask the host for additional details before committing to it, which is why it is important to also include your contact number. These instances happen very often and an invite will often give their response right away, but it is always better to be sure than to take risks.
9. RSVP: Lastly, even if you have already included your contact number on the invitation, you should also include an RSVP to confirm whether or not the invitee is able to make it to the dinner party. Including an RSVP is a must for formal events, but you can choose not to use them for casual ones, although it is highly recommended that you do so.
1. Incorporate the theme of the party to the invitation: If you have already determined your theme for the dinner party, then the only thing you need to take care of is incorporate that theme to the design of the invitation. However, if you have yet to determine the dinner party’s theme, then make sure it matches the one that you will be using for your invitations. After all, it is always better to have a consistent theme across your party tools and the party itself.
2. Make a sketch of the invitation’s layout: Once you have determined the theme for your invitation, the next step that you will need to take in designing the invitation, but not the way you’re thinking, we’re referring to making an initial design through a sketch. This way, it’ll make your job easier in trying to look for a template or how to arrange the elements on the layout.
3. Pick a size for the invitation: Invitation cards come in various shapes and sizes which depend on your purpose or the type of event that will be held, and your own preference. You can make your invitations small and easy to send, or you can make them big and be highly impossible to ignore, it’s all up to you.
4. Download an invitation template from the internet: Once you have determined the theme of your invitation, sketched out its initial design, and decided on the size, you can now start making the actual design of your invitation. However, instead of starting all the way from scratch, you can make use of templates to give you a head start. So, save yourself the time and stress, download an invitation template from this article.
5. Edit the design of the downloaded template: After downloading the necessary invitation template, you can then edit its design by adding more elements, removing unnecessary ones, or rearranging them on the layout. Lucky for you, these templates are all fully editable, but you will need to use the right editing tool in order to enjoy that feature.
6. Write the message of the invitation: Also, during the editing phase, you should also write the needed content of your invitation. The content includes most of the elements that we have mentioned earlier such as the date and time, the venue, and most importantly, the invitation message. In order to save space on the layout, limit your content to only the most relevant. This way, your readers will also be able to gather the needed information in the least amount of time possible.
7. Make the RSVP: As mentioned in the elements section, the RSVP is a highly useful element that is optional for casual parties, but a must for formal parties. Making the RSVP is quite easy, actually, you may or may not need to include the title of the party, the date and time, and the venue, just like on the invitation. The difference with the RSVP is that it should contain a space for the checkbox that indicates the response of the invitee. Also, a good RSVP should also contain a deadline for which the invitee should respond to the invitation.
8. Proofread the content of the invitation: Before you even start to print out copies of your invitation, you should always do one final read through of your work to determine whether or not the content is free of any errors in the spelling or grammar, this is otherwise known as proofreading. While proofreading is already a must regardless of the type of party, it is twice as important if you’re putting together a business-related dinner party.
9. Print out your invitations: After the content has been proofread and is already free of any errors, you can then proceed to print out copies of your dinner party invitations. And of course, after it has been pointed out, you can then have them sent or mailed to your respective invitees.
1. Party invitation: A party invitation is a type of invitation that is specifically used for all types of parties. Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, a Thanksgiving party, or even a farewell party, this is the perfect type of invitation to send out to your guests.
2. Event invitation: Since party invitations are more specific and are meant to be used for any type of party, event invitations are rather general and can be used for various types of events. The events that can be used with this type of invitation include concert events, sports events, and fundraising events, just to name a few.
3. Business invitation: In terms of business invitations, they are used not only for inviting guests to a business-related event such as seminars, conferences, and meetings. Business invitations can also be used to invite another company to initiate a partnership with the entity that sent the invitation. In other words, businesses can use this type of invitation to invite another to become their business partner.
4. Wedding invitation: This is another very specific type of invitation that is intended to be used only for wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions. Usually, wedding invitations come with a program and a list of roles for some of the guests. And since weddings are formal events, they should also come with an RSVP.
5. Electronic invitation: The traditional way of sending out invitations is still considered as the most formal and proper way of inviting people to an event or party, but there may be instances wherein it isn’t possible because of factors involving time or distance. To work around this, the electronic counterpart is often used as an alternative, and this involves sending the invitation directly through the internet.
An invitation card is a card that contains a message stating that the reader is invited to an upcoming gathering.
The standard size for invitations is between 4.25″ x 5.5″ to 5″ x 7″.
It stands for “Répondez s’il vous plaît“, which is French for “Please respond”.
After looking at all those invitation templates, you can already assure yourself of beautifully-designed, high-quality party invitations. But what you might not know is that these templates are also highly editable and are able to preserve their quality despite all the editing put into them.