Nowadays, sending out invitation cards becomes prevalent regardless of the type of occasion to be celebrated, ranging from birthdays, anniversaries, and even funeral or memorial service ceremonies. These invitation cards are useful for informing the prospective attendees about the details of the occasion such as the date and time of when the event will be and the dress code or color themes to be observed for the event.
Although making an invitation card from scratch is the immediate choice that celebrants and their designers choose, there is one way which can ease up the process of creating the card which is by using invitation card templates.
A functional and reusable invitation card template should have the following elements:
1. Launch the software application which will be used for making the template: Since there are different software applications and editing tools which can be used, it is important to launch the type of application that the user is comfortable in making the template with. The user should be knowledgeable about the functions of the software along with its characteristics and edges.
2. Create a new blank sheet: The sheet must also be resized based on the preferred template size or the size of the material to be used for the invitation card printout. In addition, a margin or a trim border must also be marked onto the sheet before placing any other elements. This additional sizing will be used when the card will be printed as a guide for cutting it.
3. Add the background: The background must be based on the type of occasion to be celebrated. However, if the chosen software application is Adobe Photoshop and InDesign or the format is in “.psd” and in “.ai”, then the background should be made into a layer.
4. Add the texts: Just like the background, the texts must be made into different layers depending on their layout or arrangements in the template. A basic invitation card template will have the layout as follows: a greeting or introduction layer, celebrant information layer, event information layer, and the venue and time layer.
5. Save the template: The name of the template should be based on the celebration and the design in order to distinguish the template from all other creations and files saved in the laptop or desktop of the designer.
One of the most anticipated tasks, when a huge celebration and event will be held, is making the invitations for the guests. And with the aid of the right invitation card template and the tips below, an invitation card will not only serve as a tool for informing the guests but will also show the creativity of the inviter and the type of event which will be attended by the guest:
There are many different types of invitation card templates online that will be useful for designers in catering to the needs and preferences of their clients. Below are some of the common template types:
Baptism is a religious occasion which is held to welcome an individual into the religion either by sprinkling water onto his forehead or by submerging him into a body of water. A baptism invitation card template will have the name of the person to be baptized, the date and time of the baptism, the church or the location where the baptism will occur, and the contact information of the person to call for the guest’s response.
Birthdays are held every year wherein most celebrants will have several themes lined up for their birthday celebrations. A birthday invitation card template will be used for making the invitation cards containing sections for the basic details of the birthday event, and for the photo of the celebrant if preferred by the client requesting the design.
Engagement parties, bachelors and bachelorettes parties, and the wedding event will require the creation of invitation cards as well. Templates for these celebrations will have the names of the couple who will be celebrating, the date, time, venue, and the theme of the event along with marriage-related designs such as wedding rings, lace, wine glasses, and silhouettes of a man and a woman.
This type of template is intended to be used by individuals whose aim is to create an invitation card for celebrating a person’s departure. Then template will have a short greeting addressed for the guest about the farewell party along with the departing individual or the celebrant.
The grand opening of companies and offices needs to be celebrated. To invite people, a business invitation card template will be used to make the invitation card for each business-related event.
Invitation card templates come in only one size which is 5 x 7 inches. The envelopes to use for these cards must be in 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches in order for the card to fit perfectly. However, if there are other elements to be attached on the card, then the envelope size must be bigger to ensure that it will not be bulky.
The main reason why templates are important is that it can be tweaked easily which will then lessen the time of making the invitation card. Another benefit is that a template will help in saving finances for the future creation of designs since it can be reused as a guide for any type of invitation. Moreover, templates also have standard layouts and come with different font styles or typefaces that the designer can use.
With the different types of invitation card templates and the tips and information mentioned above, designers and celebrants will be able to have a guide in making the invitation card that they prefer to give to their guests and families. Additionally, the template must also be updated either based on the latest trends in designs or the standards of an individual wanting to an invitation.