11+ Invitation Card Template Examples – PSD, AI
Nowadays, sending out invitation cards becomes prevalent regardless of the type of occasion to be celebrated, ranging from birthdays, anniversaries, and even funeral or memorial service ceremonies. These invitation cards are useful for informing the prospective attendees about the details of the occasion such as the date and time of when the event will be and the dress code or color themes to be observed for the event.
Although making an invitation card from scratch is the immediate choice that celebrants and their designers choose, there is one way which can ease up the process of creating the card which is by using invitation card templates.
Elements of an Invitation Card Template
A functional and reusable invitation card template should have the following elements:
- Must be complete with sections for the “who, what, where, why, and how” information: In every invitation card template, there should be allotted sections that will answer the basic questions of the invitee such as the generalized categories of people who are expected to be the guests of the event, the title and name of the event, the name of the celebrant, the location of the event, as well as how the guest or the invitee can arrive at the event’s location or venue.
- Should have a layout which can be manipulated or be customized: The purpose of a template is to guide a designer towards making a creative item which is why it is important that a template can be fully manipulated by the user, ranging from the changing of the background up to changing the typefaces used on each text area.
- Must be available to be used in several formats: Not every designer have all the design tools and software applications installed on his laptop or desktop. This alone makes the selection of templates difficult especially if the template itself is only suitable to be edited using specific instruments. This is why when searching for an invitation card template, one must look up for its availability in different formats.
9+ Invitation Card Templates
Invitation Card Template
Business Invitation Card Template
Baptism Invitation Card
Elegant Engagement Invitation Card Template
Farewell Invitation Card Example
First Birthday Invitation Card Sample
Grand Opening Invitation Card Template
High Tea Party Invitation Card Sample
Pastel Debut Invitation Card Template Example
Red Valentine’s Day Invitation Card Sample
Restaurant Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Sample
Steps to Make a Great Invitation Card Template
1. Launch the software application which will be used for making the template: Since there are different software applications and editing tools which can be used, it is important to launch the type of application that the user is comfortable in making the template with. The user should be knowledgeable about the functions of the software along with its characteristics and edges.
2. Create a new blank sheet: The sheet must also be resized based on the preferred template size or the size of the material to be used for the invitation card printout. In addition, a margin or a trim border must also be marked onto the sheet before placing any other elements. This additional sizing will be used when the card will be printed as a guide for cutting it.
3. Add the background: The background must be based on the type of occasion to be celebrated. However, if the chosen software application is Adobe Photoshop and InDesign or the format is in “.psd” and in “.ai”, then the background should be made into a layer.
4. Add the texts: Just like the background, the texts must be made into different layers depending on their layout or arrangements in the template. A basic invitation card template will have the layout as follows: a greeting or introduction layer, celebrant information layer, event information layer, and the venue and time layer.
5. Save the template: The name of the template should be based on the celebration and the design in order to distinguish the template from all other creations and files saved in the laptop or desktop of the designer.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Invitation Card
One of the most anticipated tasks, when a huge celebration and event will be held, is making the invitations for the guests. And with the aid of the right invitation card template and the tips below, an invitation card will not only serve as a tool for informing the guests but will also show the creativity of the inviter and the type of event which will be attended by the guest:
- Stick to the theme. A single theme will provide enough design and artistic ideas for making the invitation card. For instance, if the theme of a wedding is vintage, then using woody designs with elegant lace touches will suit well for the wedding’s invitation, while pumpkin designs and fall leaves will be the options for a Thanksgiving greeting card invitation.
- Ask for the ideas of the celebrant. If the theme is vague, then the ideas and the suggestions of the celebrant will help in determining how the invitation card will turn out. However, the guidance of a person in the creative field is also important during the discussion of the invitation in order to ensure that the elements and contents of the invitation will compliment each other.
- Incorporate and attach decors to the invitation. There are a lot of different scrapbook items and even mother nature offers many choices that one can use for making a creative invitation card. Some of the most common attachments which are often found in invitation cards include ribbons, twigs, flower petals, and paper quillings which adds to the personality of the card itself.
- Customize the envelopes. Most invitation cards are enclosed inside envelopes to secure that the invitation will not be destroyed. And although purchasing basic envelopes can ease the process of finalizing the invitations, customizing the envelopes will add to the impact of the invitation. To customize the invitation card envelopes, one can use stamps, laser-cut designs, lace, buttons, and simple calligraphy using gold pen ink.
Types of Invitation Card Templates
There are many different types of invitation card templates online that will be useful for designers in catering to the needs and preferences of their clients. Below are some of the common template types:
1. Baptism invitation card templates
Baptism is a religious occasion which is held to welcome an individual into the religion either by sprinkling water onto his forehead or by submerging him into a body of water. A baptism invitation card template will have the name of the person to be baptized, the date and time of the baptism, the church or the location where the baptism will occur, and the contact information of the person to call for the guest’s response.
2. Birthday invitation card templates
Birthdays are held every year wherein most celebrants will have several themes lined up for their birthday celebrations. A birthday invitation card template will be used for making the invitation cards containing sections for the basic details of the birthday event, and for the photo of the celebrant if preferred by the client requesting the design.
3. Nuptial invitation card templates
Engagement parties, bachelors and bachelorettes parties, and the wedding event will require the creation of invitation cards as well. Templates for these celebrations will have the names of the couple who will be celebrating, the date, time, venue, and the theme of the event along with marriage-related designs such as wedding rings, lace, wine glasses, and silhouettes of a man and a woman.
4. Farewell invitation card templates
This type of template is intended to be used by individuals whose aim is to create an invitation card for celebrating a person’s departure. Then template will have a short greeting addressed for the guest about the farewell party along with the departing individual or the celebrant.
5. Business invitation card templates
The grand opening of companies and offices needs to be celebrated. To invite people, a business invitation card template will be used to make the invitation card for each business-related event.
Invitation Card Template Sizes
Invitation card templates come in only one size which is 5 x 7 inches. The envelopes to use for these cards must be in 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches in order for the card to fit perfectly. However, if there are other elements to be attached on the card, then the envelope size must be bigger to ensure that it will not be bulky.
Invitation Card Template FAQ’s
Why are invitation card templates important?
The main reason why templates are important is that it can be tweaked easily which will then lessen the time of making the invitation card. Another benefit is that a template will help in saving finances for the future creation of designs since it can be reused as a guide for any type of invitation. Moreover, templates also have standard layouts and come with different font styles or typefaces that the designer can use.
With the different types of invitation card templates and the tips and information mentioned above, designers and celebrants will be able to have a guide in making the invitation card that they prefer to give to their guests and families. Additionally, the template must also be updated either based on the latest trends in designs or the standards of an individual wanting to an invitation.