- File Formats
Being a graphic designer or artist usually means that you’ll be working with multiple editing tools on the computer. However, not everyone knows or is familiar with how most of these things work. But when it comes to Adobe Photoshop, its user-friendliness is enough to teach even beginners how to create stunning designs.
Speaking of stunning designs, we have an entire collection of magnificent PSD-based invitation templates that you can download here. These templates are already stunning the way they are, but with minor tweaking, you’ll be able to make them even more exquisite. Scroll down to see the invitation templates yourself.
1. Name of inviting person: This is also referred to as the host who is in charge of putting together the event as well as sending out the invitation cards. Regardless of who is creating the invitation, the host should always be acknowledged by including their name on the invitation card.
2. Title of the event: Along with the name of the host, this element also serves as the heading of the invitation and provides people with an idea regarding the event that they’ve been invited to.
3. Schedule of the event: This element refers to both the date and the time that the event will take place. Depending on the tone of the event, you may or may not be allowed to use numbers or abbreviations to write this element.
4. Venue of the event: This is another essential element that should always be in your event invitation since this informs the reader where it is going to be held. To prevent confusion on the part of the invitee, it would be best to include the name of the place and its street address.
5. Contact person and number: But in cases wherein the invitee needs to get in touch with the inviting person (address-related or not), the contact number should also be indicated. And to inform the invitee who to look for, you might as well include the name of the contact person too.
1. Create a list of guests: Prior to everything else, you should prepare a guest list to give yourself an estimation regarding the number of guests who will be attending as well as the number of invitations that you will need to print.
2. Write a draft of the content: Aside from the guest list, you should also prepare your content by writing a draft on a sheet of paper. This draft should already contain the elements mentioned in the Elements section, all you need to think about is how to convey the information.
3. Use an invitation template: Our website houses some amazing invitation templates created by professional graphic artists and ten of them can be found in this article. Scroll back up to see the invitation templates in PSD, download one, and then edit the design using Photoshop.
4. Add the invitation’s content: After editing the design, the next thing that you will need to do is to add the content based on the draft that you have just written. Since there is still room for changes, make the necessary ones before proceeding to the next step.
5. Check the content for errors: Ensuring correctness in your content is important especially for the essential details since it prevents the readers from being misled. Check the content of your invitation card by proofreading it.
6. Print your invitations: As mentioned earlier, your guest list will only provide you with an approximate number of people who will be attending the event. This means that when printing your invitations, it is best to produce more copies than intended.
1. Party invitation: People throw multiple parties in a single year which totally makes perfect sense since there are parties pertaining to birthdays, thanksgivings, anniversaries, and many more. One thing in common among these is the use of party invitations to inform people that they have been requested to attend the gathering.
2. Business invitation: Just like the party invitation, a business invitation is meant to inform people that there is an upcoming event and that they have been requested to attend. However, the difference with this is that business invitations are only used for business-related gatherings or affairs such as meetings, conferences, and seminars.
3. Wedding invitation: A wedding invitation is indeed the type of invitation used to inform people that they have been requested by an event host or the couple to attend their wedding. Since wedding invitations follow a formal theme, it should be used together with an RSVP card, some would even use it with a Save the Date card.
4. Sports event invitation: This type of invitation basically serves the same purpose as any other type of invitation on this list although this one is used specifically for sports events only. This type of invitation is usually given to a sports athlete to invite them to play in an event, whether as an actual player or as a guest.
5. Job interview invitation: Normally, people send application documents when they apply for a job and they wait until they are being contacted by the employer. But oftentimes, the company themselves reach out to the aspirants by sending them an invitation to inform them that they have been requested to come in for a job interview.
6. Handwritten invitation: The advantage of using this type of invitation is that it really promotes the event host to add a personal touch to their invitation statement. However, the disadvantage of using this is that it requires them to exert more effort which is why handwritten invitations are only recommended for small events.
It is a card that contains a message informing the reader that they have been invited by the sender to attend a gathering.
For formal events, it is but for casual ones, you may do without it. The reason behind that is because it allows the host to make adjustments to the accommodation depending on the responses of the invitees.
Make your life easier by using any of our amazing invitation templates, you’ll help give yourself more time for other things. With our templates, you’ll simply need to download and edit them, and both are very easy to do. Save yourself the stress and quit worrying too much, you can thank us later.