- File Formats
Are you excited about the coming of the new year? If you are, then so are we. In fact, who isn’t excited for the new year? It doesn’t only signify the start of a brand new year, but it also means we are given another year to renew ourselves as well as our relationship with others.
Since the new year’s celebration is indeed something that’s worth celebrating, it will need for you to send out invitations to gather guests and attendees. If you’re planning to make your own invitations, we have an assortment of new year invitation templates below that you can use.
1. Name of the host: When events are planned, the person planning it is referred to as the host, they are the people who are behind the entire event. The host of the event should be acknowledged by including their name on the cover page of the invitation card. If ever the host and the event planner are two different persons, only the host’s name should be mentioned on the invitation.
2. Name of the organizer: For events that are intended for businesses or have been made possible by professional entities, the name of the organizer should be placed on the invitation’s cover page instead of the host’s. Not all invitations require the inclusion of this element, but if it does, this is the best way of acknowledging them.
3. Name of the honoree: An honoree is defined as a person who is being honored during an event, and this is only applicable in events such as birthday events, weddings, anniversaries, and graduations, just to name a few. If this is the type of event that you are planning to throw, then you should also mention it on your invitation.
4. Title of the event: What is the event about? What makes it different from other events that have a similar intention? The answer to that lies in the title of the event. This element provides invitees with an idea as to what the event is actually about, while also making the event unique and distinguishable from others.
5. Date of the event: For the next two elements, these focus more on the schedule of the event. Even though the schedule is already pretty self-explanatory, which in this case, will obviously occur either on New Year’s Eve or on the day itself, it is still best to include the date on the invitation.
6. Time of the event: As for the time, not all events occur at the same time, which is why it should be indicated on the invitation. In terms of time, there are three different ways of writing this: you may use numbers and abbreviations if the invitation is for a casual event; and in addition to writing it in numerical symbols, you may also choose to write it in military time (twenty-four hour system); but if your invitation is for a formal event, then it is a must to write the time in complete words and not use numbers and abbreviations.
7. The venue for the event: The venue is another element with a purpose that makes perfect sense. How do you expect guests to know where to go if you don’t include the venue or the address on the invitation? Even if you are a hundred percent sure that your invitees know the place, it is still proper to indicate both the name of the place and the street address on the invitation.
8. Additional details: If ever there are more details that you want to mention on the invitation, you can do so on the bottom portion of the layout. When writing this element, make sure to leave enough white space so as not to cramp up the design with too many elements.
9. Graphical elements: In order for readers to keep themselves engaged in your invitation, you should add a few graphical elements simply to enhance the layout and not make it look bland or dull. Then again, be careful not to overdo this because doing so might make your invitation look cluttered.
10. Host’s contact details: If even after providing additional details regarding the event, your invitees still have more questions about it, you might as well put your contact details on the invitation. This way, the invitees can simply reach out for the phone to ask the questions or make clarifications themselves.
11. RSVP statement: Later on, you’ll find out where this element is commonly used. The RSVP is a statement that informs the recipients that they will need to respond to the invitation on or before a specified date. This is meant to confirm the number of guests that will be attending the event.
1. Gather together the information regarding the event, and write it down on a sheet of paper.
2. Think of a theme for your invitations.
3. Download an invitation template. Fortunately, we have an entire assortment of them in this article that you can download and use.
4. Edit the template that you have just downloaded. And you don’t even have to worry about anything since the templates here are all fully editable.
5. Proofread your work for any errors in the spelling and/or grammar, you may even do this early on in the process.
6. Print and send out copies of your invitation.
1. Party Invitations: Party invitations are a type of invitations that are intended specifically for inviting people to a party. When we say party, it can be for a birthday, a Thanksgiving celebration, a Christmas celebration, or for a New Year’s day celebration. Party invitations can either be casual or formal in tone, depending on the party that it is used on.
2. Event Invitations: Unlike party invitations which are more specific, event invitations can be used for virtually all types of events. Though many would consider party invitations as part of event invitations, these are more general and can be used regardless of the type and tone of the gathering.
3. Business Invitations: When we say business invitations, it can actually go two ways depending on the recipient of the invitation. If the recipients are leads or prospects, then the invitation will serve to invite them to an expo, a seminar, or a conference. But if the recipients are fellow business people, then the invitations are intended for inviting them to become the former’s business partners.
4. Formal Invitations: Earlier, we mentioned that both party and event invitations can either have a formal or casual tone. But if you are looking for invitations that are used exclusively for formal occasions and gatherings, then this type would be the most appropriate one. A notable addition to formal invitations is the RSVP, which is a must for this type but can be an optional addition to the other types.
5. Wedding Invitations: We already discussed formal invitations, which seems like it’s no longer necessary to talk about wedding invitations. However, there is a notable difference between the two. Wedding invitations serve another purpose other than inviting the recipient, they also act as the wedding’s program and also contain a list of the sponsors and the people who have roles in the wedding.
6. Handwritten Invitations: Many of you might be asking yourselves, “what are handwritten invitations?”. The answer to that is in the name itself. This type of invitation is one that has its contents written by hand. Since these invitations are actually done by hand, they are very tedious to make, which is why this type of invitation is only best for gatherings that are attended by no more than fifty attendees.
7. Pocket Invitations: This type of invitation is quite smaller in size when compared to the other types. But don’t be misled by its small dimensions, pocket invitations are able to hold all the necessary information relevant to the event, and they are able to compensate by being highly stylish and decorative.
8. Electronic Invitations: There are instances wherein the use of regular, written invitations won’t work probably because of either time constraints or distance-related factors. Because of this, the best option would be to send out electronic invitations instead. This type of invitation, also referred to as e-invitations, are just like regular invitations, but no longer need to be printed out or sent through the mail.
They are documents or tools used for formally inviting people to a gathering, and they are usually sent through the mail or by hand.
For formal occasions, yes they are. However, for casual events, the use of the RSVP is optional.
If you want to know why you should choose our invitation templates, it’s because not only are they high quality, they are also created by professional graphic artists. Also, the templates that you have just seen are all fully editable, which means you can edit them to your heart’s content and still keep the design stunning.