10+ Label Templates in Apple Pages
Years ago, the first labels were made to mark medical containers. With this method, people realized that it’s easier to remember things when they are named. Soon enough, labels started making an appearance in wineries. Fruit vendors realized that their products are much easier to market when they have labels. People came to the conclusion that labeling something and getting creative with it can increase customer attraction and product reliability.
Elements of a Good Label
It’s easier for people to notice and sell a product with an attractive label. An attractive and effective label doesn’t come to life on its own. So how do you make a label, more than just what it is?
1. Line: Lines can be used to draw attention to one specific part or area. This element has been significantly used most especially in newspapers. Newspapers use lines to separate texts, and the same thing can be done with labels. Lines are also very useful as geometric patterns and can be used as a designing material.
2. Color: The right color can highlight your label’s purpose. Colors can be a stand-alone element in design but at the same time, it can be applied to lines, texts, and shapes. Each color has a different meaning and the right color can set a story for your business brand. Take note also how big companies are known for their labels due to their trademark colors.
3. Shapes: Labels can have different shapes depending on the medium they are placed to. You can use a shape to separate or highlight a text but you can also use a shape as the outline of your label to create a different interest.
4. Typography: Nothing’s more attractive than the right typography. The font style is as important as the text, and the wrong kind of typography might destroy even the most compelling texts. Smartly choose the font style that is relevant to your brand and if it will complement the theme are you aiming for. Do you want your label to appear like a fun apparel tag, a vintage wine shop, or a serious address label?
10+ Label Templates in Publisher
CD/DVD Label Template
Memorial Day Wine Label Example
Birthday Address Label Sample
Round Label Template
Identification Label Example
Wedding Gift Bag Label
Food Label Sample
Soap Label Template
Product Label Example
Perfume Bottle Label
Steps How to Make a Good Label
“Labels are for things, not for people”, so a saying goes. Why label people when you can label things instead? Or is the question, “How can I make a good label for things?”
1. The first step is to study the medium in which the label would be posted to. Is it for a product? A birthday address? A giveaway? A luggage? The moment you are able to settle on a medium, you can now have an idea on what type of template you would use.
2. Look up for a label template online and download it. Utilizing these templates is so much easier than having to start from scratch. These templates are pre-designed already, that means there’s only so little adjustments to make to be able to have that desired label. All the images and vectors in the templates can be scaled to a different size, and they offer assurance about the quality.
3. Review the layout and finalize everything else from the texts to the images. Do a print preview and then print a mock up of your template file. Doing so can spare you from printing multiple copies with mistakes. One common mistake that leads to a waste of ink and paper is failing to check the template.
4. Print your template at a professional printing shop. If you are thinking about printing your templates on your own, using an inkjet printer is advisable. If you like, you can also explore textured and custom- cut papers to have a unique label.
Tips for a Great Label
Here are two effective tips on how to make a great label for your brand.
- Branding Elements: Feel free to incorporate your company logo or letterhead if you have any. Including these branding elements in your label can increase brand recognition. If your labels were effective enough, your brand would be memorable to the customer who has received your product with the label. This can help skyrocket your sales.
- Printing Techniques: Break free from the conventional printing technique. There are lots of ways to artistically print design nowadays. This includes embossing, debossing, foil method, stencil, engraving, and screen printing. These techniques might give your labels an edge from other labels.
Types of Labels
- Bottle Labels: The name itself is self- explanatory. Bottle labels can range from drinking water bottles to wine bottles. These labels are usually rectangular in shape.
- Product Labels: These type of labels are used on things that are marketable or sold.
- Gift Labels: Gift labels are attached to things that are intended for giving as a present.
- Thank you Labels: Thank you labels are attached on objects that are sent away as a token of gratitude.
Sizes of Labels
The templates in this article do not follow a standard sizing since these templates have to be flexible to different medium sizes. You can always resize these templates to your preference.
FAQ about Labels
What is a label template in Apple Pages?
A label template in Publisher is a pre-designed graphic design file that was made using Apple Pages. However, only iOS supported gadgets are compatible with this application. The file already contains images, texts, and other formatting elements needed to make a label design. When saved, this file will have a file extension name of .pages