10+ Media Kit Templates in Apple Pages
In the digital age, getting the word out about your business, brand, product, service, event, or cause has evolved. Where businesses used to do traditional advertising (print and radio), they can now follow a more cost-effective and convenient strategy just by creating their own media kits.
Learn and explore this marketing strategy through this article as we share what media kits are, how to make them, and how to incorporate your brand identity into them. We are also showing multiple examples of media kit templates in Apple Pages file formats below so make sure to check them out.
Elements of A Good Media Kit
A media kit is a document that collates all necessary information about your business, brand, or organization. They are used as reference material by bloggers, online influencers, reporters, writers, and even your customers if they want to know more about your company.
They are a good way to stay in control of the narrative about brand or business. And to do that, knowledge of the core elements that make up a good media kit is essential. We have listed what these core elements or qualities are. Make sure to read and internalize them so that any media kit design you create can be a compelling resource for your company.
1. Accurate and Relevant Content: To make a good media kit, its most essential component is accurate and relevant content. Make sure that you only include the most pertinent pieces of information about your organization or brand. Remember, a media kit is not a history book about your brand. It should only contain concise information about your company history and goals.
2. Branding Design Elements: Since media kits are created for businesses, they need to include your unique branding design elements. This adds credibility and authority to the media kit itself. People are more likely going to believe anything they read on the media kit if the document bears the official logo, trademarks, or letterhead design of your company.
3. Compelling Narrative: The information revealed in your media kit is useless if it is not worded in a persuasive and engaging manner. Remember, a media kit is like an abridged history book about your company. And history books can get boring. Therefore, your business media kit should be told in a different way. You do not have to bore the reporters and your readers with a lengthy essay about your company. Instead, focus on defining events for your organization and work a story around them.
4. Coherent Design Theme: Another design element that helps make a more engaging media kit design is the use of a coherent theme. Choose a theme that connects with what kind of company or organization you are. If, for example, you are a pet store owner, you should come up with a pet store business media kit design theme that aligns with your business’ core purpose. A media kit design that features a lot of images and patterns of different animal prints will work.
5. Good Layout Design: Next, remember that a media kit is still a form of reading material. An effective media kit is one that follows an organized layout, making it easier to read and then comprehend its content. When you use a pre-made media kit template, it will already have a built-in layout design that you do not need to format it any longer.
Combine all these core elements and you will surely have a compelling media kit later on. In the meantime, remember to enjoy this creative process with your team!
10+ Media Kit Templates in Apple Pages
As we have mentioned at the start of this article, featured below are multiple examples of media kit templates in Apple Pages file format. You may use these printable templates as is or you may use them as a pattern template for your own media kit designs.
Blog Media Kit Template
Business Media Kit Template
Contracting Business Media Kit
Event Media Kit Template
Fashion Influencer Media Kit Template
Franchise Business Media Kit Template
Hotel Media Kit Template
Magazine Advertising Media Kit
Marketing Media Kit Template
Online Media Kit Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Media Kit
Need a little more help in designing your own media kits? Fret not. We are sharing a few more design tips below. Make the most out of them so that you will end up with truly compelling and engaging media kits for your business or organization.
1. Download a ready-made media kit template: Nothing beats the convenience of using a printable media kit template (or any other kind of printable template for that matter). With these premade templates, you save time, money, and effort needed for making a media kit. Most of these templates are fully customizable so that you can make whatever design changes based on your preferences. Do you want to add your own business logo to your media kit design? You can easily do so by pasting the logo file to the template. It’s that easy!
2. Incorporate data visualization tools: As we have mentioned earlier, media kits are laden with information about your business. And this can get long and boring if not handled well. To avoid this, try out incorporating data visualization tools into the kit design. For example, you may use flow charts, bar graphs, and even add images to break up walls of text.
3. Add calls to action: To get the most out of your media kits, do not forget to add a few Calls To Action. For example, you may add a small reminder asking your customers to follow your business or organization on Instagram or on other SNS platforms.
4. Use high-quality images and/or illustrations: Another way to help make your media kit more appealing is by using high-quality images or illustrations. Earlier, we told you about creating a compelling narrative for your brand. You can execute this in a creative way by using images or illustrations. And when you do so, make sure that you use legally sourced and high-resolution images. The images need to look good online and when the media kit is printed.
5. Improve your story: This last tip may be considered as repetitive since we have talked about it at the start of the article. It bears repeating because of its importance. Remember, with a business media kit, you have the power to stay in control of your brand’s narrative. Take the time to learn how to improve your brand’s story. Because when you do so, you will have an easier time in attracting customers that are for keeps.
Use all these tips in creating the best media kit design for your business or brand. Combine them with any of the free downloadable templates shared in this article and you will surely get positive results for your brand later on. 🙂
Types of Media Kit
There is no standard classification system for media kits. Instead, they can be categorized based on the graphic design tool used to create them. Check the list below.
- Media Kits in PSD
- Media Kits in Illustrator
- Media Kits in Publisher
- Media Kits in Microsoft Word
- Media Kits in Apple Pages
Media Kit Sizes
There is no one standard printing size for media kits. In this article, we follow the standard US letter paper size which is 8.5 inches by 11 inches. Feel free to resize any template that you download.
Media Kit FAQs
What is a media kit template in Apple Pages?
A media kit template is a pre-formatted file created using the editing software Apple Pages. It contains built-in formatting, layout, style, font, text, and image files needed for making a media kit design. As an Apple Pages file, you need to have a Mac and the right software installed on it.
Can you post your media kits online?
Absolutely! It is best to post your brand’s media kits on various online platforms like on your official company website and on your social media accounts. You may also print physical copies of your media kits that you can distribute to guests, customers, and reporters who visit your store or branch.
Are media kit templates and social media templates the same thing?
Social media templates are premade files used for making any kind of graphic design file that will be used and/or posted on various social networking sites. Media kit templates, as discussed in this article, are either printed or digital files about a specific brand, product, or business.
We hope that with all the best practice tips and downloadable examples shared above, you will have more confidence in starting your own media kit designs. Check out the rest of Template.net to see more printable media kit templates available in various file download formats. The site is also rich in different business templates so you may use them too!