13+ Christmas Menu Templates – PSD, AI, Word
And if that is what you are planning to do, make sure to read the rest of this article as we share multiple examples of Christmas menu templates. In addition, this write-up is also filled with invaluable information on how to create the best menu designs that fit whatever holiday dining event you are planning for.
Elements of A Good Christmas Menu
Creating a menu card for a simple family Christmas dinner may not be necessary. But if you want to make the event even more special, spending a few minutes creating one can greatly help. Also, if you are the owner or manager of a dining establishment, making a separate Christmas menu can help improve your customers’ dining experience this holiday season.
Shared below are the top elements that a good Christmas menu card design should embody. Read and study each important characteristic so that you can best plan out your own menu designs.
1. Layout: The first element or characteristic that helps make a good Christmas menu design is its layout. Choose a well-organized yet creative menu layout. In most of the free menu templates included in this article, a pre-selected single-page layout is included as this allows diners to see all the menu options at a glance. Select a layout that you think will best suit the kind of dining experience you want for yourself, your family and friends, or for your customers.
2. Descriptions and Content: A menu card’s content is another important element that makes a compelling Christmas menu. Make sure that you design a menu card that incorporates Christmas dishes, desserts, and drinks well. Write short yet enticing descriptions of each dish or food item. If you are a restaurateur, you may also consider including the ingredients used to make a specific holiday dish. This can be important for diners who have allergies or food sensitivities.
3. Images and/or Illustrations: Next, do not forget to include images or illustrations of the different holiday dishes or food. The best Christmas menu card designs incorporate both text and visual elements to hook customers or diners into trying out a specific dish or menu item. Even if you are creating a minimal menu design, you should still consider adding well-taken photos to help make the menu card more enticing.
4. Theme: When creating a Christmas menu card, it is nonetheless important to make sure that it follows a single design theme. This unifies all the text and graphic elements used in your menu card design. To illustrate, you may follow a throwback theme and create a retro Christmas menu card if you are planning a retro Christmas party filled with retro-themed holiday dishes. Also, remember that when a menu card follows a single theme, anyone reading it will have an idea what kind of food, presentation, and dining experience to expect.
5. Typography: Lastly, do not forget that how you present the various pieces of information in your menu card matters. This is where typography comes in. A good Christmas menu design makes use of appropriate typeface selection. Select font styles, colors, sizes, kerning, etc in a way that will allow you to present your menu list in a compelling and attractive manner.
By incorporating all of the basic design elements discussed above, anyone can easily transform a blank menu template into something more appropriate for the holidays. Your guests and customers will surely appreciate it too.
10+ Christmas Menu Templates
Take a look at all these Christmas menu templates that you may use for your Christmas dinners, lunches, or parties. Each printable template is fully editable using different graphic design software tools like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Word.
Christmas Menu Design
Vintage Christmas Menu
Restaurant Christmas Menu
Christmas Dinner Menu
Christmas Chalk Menu Template
Available File Formats
Chalkboard Christmas Menu Template
Christmas Bakery Menu Template
Christmas Dinner Menu Template
Merry Christmas Menu Template
Minimalist Christmas Menu Template
Rustic Christmas Dinner Menu Template
Simple Christmas Menu Card Template
Vintage Christmas Menu Template
Watercolor Christmas Menu Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Christmas Menu
To help make sure that you only create the best Christmas menu card design for your dining establishment, we have compiled a few tips and tricks that any restaurateur can follow when designing their own menu cards. Find out what these tips are below:
1. Scrap the dollar or currency symbol: In a business perspective, it is important to think of how your Christmas menu card can help bring in more money. One subtle way that successful restaurateurs do this is by omitting the currency symbol in their menu cards. This is a psychological trick that lets diners think less about the money they are spending for dining at your restaurant. Try it out, it works!
2. Add appetite-inducing descriptions: Another way to attract customers into ordering more from your restaurant’s Christmas menu is to leverage language. Write appetite-inducing food descriptions that allow diners or readers to think about eating when they read the menu description. For example, use words like tasty, refreshing, crunchy, savory, scrumptious, words relating to visual features, words relating to healthy features of the food, and a lot more. Remember, creating a creative Christmas menu card does not only mean using creative design elements; it also means choosing all the creative words for the menu card itself.
3. Complement with food photography: As discussed at the start of this article, food photography can affect how a customer perceives a menu item. Use high-quality photos or illustrations on your Christmas menu card. In fact, using real images of the actual menu items or dishes that your restaurant prepares works best.
4. Make your Christmas menu available online: For those who want to increase their customer reach through digital marketing, opening a social media account and starting a restaurant website may be the way for you. And while implementing this marketing strategy, do not forget to post your Christmas menu online as well. This allows you to share your Christmas menu list and their corresponding prices with your customers. Doing this will make your restaurant or brand at the forefront of your customers’ minds when it comes to eating out during the holiday season. A tip: This strategy also works well if you are planning a holiday promotion for your restaurant.
5. Present all menu details in one page: Another design tip that works well when creating any kind of menu card is to make sure that all the menu details are presented in a single page. This allows customers to take a look at all their meal options at one glance. To make this work, restaurateurs and designers need to choose an organized menu layout. Also, emphasize (make them bigger) high-ticket menu items that you want to sell more of.
6. Use a printable menu template: Lastly, as this article is all about printable templates, we recommend the use of printable Christmas menu templates. They are cost-effective and time-efficient alternatives to making your own menu card designs. And as you have seen above, more of the printable menu card templates are available at no additional cost.
Use all the tips above and you will surely see results in your customer’s dining experiences and in your daily sales records sooner rather than later.
Christmas Menu Sizes
There is no one standard Christmas menu size as anyone may choose whatever paper size that they like. In this article, however, most of the free menu templates shown follow the 8.5 inches by 11 inches printing size. This template size may still be resized according to your preferences.
Christmas Menu FAQs
What is a Christmas menu template?
A Christmas menu template is a digital file used for creating a printed Christmas menu card. It is a graphic design file created using various graphic design software programs and comes with pre-formatted layouts, text, fonts, and images.
Is creating a Christmas menu necessary?
For those who are planning small or private dining events with friends and family members, creating a physical Christmas dinner menu card may not be necessary. However, for those who own dining establishments and wish to create a separate menu list for the holiday season, creating a Christmas menu card can work wonders for attracting diners.
What is the difference between a Christmas menu card and a Christmas menu flyer?
A Christmas menu card is a printed list of all the Christmas dishes and menu options available from a dining establishment or dining event. It is usually placed on the table or given to guests or diners before they order and eat. On the other hand, a Christmas menu flyer works just like a menu card and it is printed with a list of dishes and meal options available during the holiday season or for a specific Christmas dining event. Its main difference lies in the fact that a Christmas menu flyer is distributed to potential customers as a printed marketing tool.
It is true that a Christmas menu can help improve the holiday dining experience. If you have the time and the resources necessary to pull it off, then go for it and create one. Nevertheless, always remember that the true meaning of Christmas lies in the harmonious gathering of friends and family and not necessarily on how well-planned and perfect your Christmas dinner is. For more graphic design templates that can be useful for the holiday season, check out the rest of Template.net.