19+ Restaurant Menu Templates – Word, PSD
Designing menu cards for any kind of dining establishment should be taken seriously especially if you want to get the most out of each of your customer’s dining experience. And in this article, we will teach you how to do that with the use of printable restaurant menu card templates.
Menu cards started out as simple printed lists of food options and meal choices that customers can look at when they go to a restaurant, pub, or café. But innovations in the restaurant industry has transformed menu cards into more than a source of information. Today, menu cards can double up as marketing and customer engagement tools.
Elements of A Good Restaurant Menu
Listed below are the key elements or card design features that help make an effective restaurant menu card. Learn how to incorporate these elements well and you will be rewarded with only positive results for your business from the use of such menu cards. Read on…
1. Layout: It is important for any kind of menu card to be organized and easy to read. That is why when creating a restaurant menu card design, you should consider following an organized layout. Most restaurateurs follow a single page menu card layout or a minimalist menu card format as they promote good visual flow.
2. Typography: Another design characteristic that helps transform a menu into a compelling business tool is typography or the use of good lettering style. Choose font styles belonging to the same typeface family as they help bring together all the text elements used in the menu design. When done well, any restaurant menu card design will look effortlessly elegant and easy to understand.
3. Theme: The next element that should be present in a restaurant menu card is a design theme. Choose a theme that connects with the type of dining establishment you are running and, at the same time, one that tells your diners what kind of food you offer. For instance, you may create retro menu cards or you can also create season-based menus like a Christmas menu card.
4. Branding Design Elements: As we have mentioned earlier, menu cards may be used a business marketing tools. To do this, you can simply add your restaurant’s branding elements into the menu card design itself. When you include simple reminders like a restaurant logo or business letterhead design into your menu card, you expose your customers to your business trademarks. This simple act can then help improve brand recall. And that is something beneficial for any kind of business.
5. Relevant Content: Lastly, a compelling restaurant menu card is one that is filled with relevant content. This means that your menu card should include menu descriptions, images, or even a short ingredient list. All these things add up and help your customers make a better decision when it comes to choosing what food or meal to order at your restaurant. If you have the resources, you may hire a professional food photographer or a food writer to create the content of your restaurant menu card.
Combine all these design elements and you will not go wrong when creating menu cards for any kind of dining establishment. Keep on studying the list above and keep on practicing creating your menu cards until you come up with the best menu card designs.
19+ Restaurant Menu Templates
Embedded below are multiple examples of menu card templates that any restaurant or dining establishment may use. Check out each template as they are available in various file formats like Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Microsoft Word (DOC), and Microsoft Publisher (PUB) among many others.
Blank Restaurant Menu Template
Restaurant Menu Card Template
Rustic Restaurant Menu Template
Restaurant Price Menu Template
Italian Restaurant Menu Template
Asian Restaurant Menu
Restaurant Christmas Menu
Chalkboard Asian Restaurant Menu Template
Simple Asian Restaurant Menu Template
Blank Restaurant Menu Template
Burger Restaurant Menu Template
Bar Menu Template
Catering Menu Template
Cocktail Menu Template
Free Restaurant Menu Card Template
Ice Cream Shop Menu Template
Italian Restaurant Menu Template
Restaurant Christmas Menu Template
Resto Coffee Menu Template
Sample Breakfast Menu Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Restaurant Menu
If you want to add more oomph to your restaurant menu card templates, read the rest of this article as we share a few menu design hacks that can help increase customer orders and, in effect, increase sales. Study and apply these menu hacks wisely.
1. Omit currency symbols: The first menu design hack that every restaurateur should know is to not include a currency symbol next to the price of a meal, dish, drink, or other menu option. Studies show that the currency symbol reminds consumers of the money that they are spending on food. And being conscious of this will make them spend less. As a business owner, it is in your best interest if your diners spend more money at your restaurant. Therefore, omit that dollar sign now.
2. Write brief yet accurate menu descriptions: Another good way to entice your diners using your menu cards is by carefully choosing the words you describe all the menu options your restaurant offers. Use words that simulate the eating experience. Examples of which are adjectives like crunchy, sumptuous, and tasty. Use these word liberally while making sure that what you are saying is true to what the food item tastes and looks like in reality.
3. Include high-quality photos: Another way to boost sales through your restaurant menu is by including high-quality images or photos. If you can afford it, have a professional photographer take photos of all the actual dishes that your restaurant offers. Doing this will give your customers an idea of what a specific food item will look like. Plus, it also helps whet their appetite as they can see a preview of what they can order and eat from your restaurant.
4. Do not forget to add your business contact information: As we have mentioned earlier, menu cards can now be used as marketing materials. And to do so with your own restaurant menu cards, do not forget to add your business contact information. This can be as simple as your social media hands, your restaurant email address, or even your restaurant’s delivery numbers. It is your job as an entrepreneur to make it as easy as possible for your customers to get in touch with you.
5. Add a call-to-action element: The last menu hacking tip that we are sharing today is the use of a call-to-action element. This can be as simple as asking your customers to “Like Your Facebook Page” or as direct as offering a discount for those who order food at a certain amount. A call-to-action allows you to get the most out of your restaurant menu cards since you are making sure that your customers do at least one thing that can help increase your business’ sales or at least promote the business to other people.
The menu design hacks featured above are just a few tips that can help increase restaurant sales. As a restaurant owner, keep an open mind so that you can learn more restaurant marketing strategies along the way. Start with the simple menu hacks we have shared and you will be on your way to greatness.
Types of Restaurant Menus
Restaurant menu cards may be categorized according to their printed sizes. Listed below are a few examples of the different types of restaurant menus according to this classification system:
- Bi-Fold Restaurant Menus
- Single-Page Restaurant Menus
- Booklet Restaurant Menus
Restaurant Menu Sizes
There is no standard size for restaurant menu cards. Most of the templates featured in this article follow the 8.5 inches by 11 inches paper size. This print size may still be changed according to your personal preferences and business needs.
Restaurant Menu FAQs
What is a restaurant menu template?
A restaurant menu template is a pre-formatted file that contains all the visual and text elements need to create a menu card design using any type of graphic design software. This pre-made digital template allows end users to replace key menu information and edit menu designs without having to code and draft a restaurant menu template design from scratch.
What software programs are used to make menu templates?
Adobe Photoshop is the most common software and editing tool used to make graphic design templates. Other software programs like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Apple Pages may also be used to create menu templates.
What is the difference between a menu card and a menu list?
A menu list is just a rundown of all the meal options, dishes, drinks, and their corresponding prices available at a dining establishment. On the other hand, a menu card contains all these information in addition to images of the food, the restaurant branding elements, contact information, and other relevant pieces of information that a diner or customer may need. In short, a menu card contains a more comprehensive list of information than a regular menu list does.
Learn more about creating restaurant menu cards and other printed restaurant marketing collaterals through the rest of our website. Do not hesitate to refer back to this article to see an organized list of restaurant menu template examples and to refresh yourself with all the menu hacking tips that we have shared above.