Painting is a fun activity for any person of any age, but it may need practice if you want to achieve meaningful results. Even abstract painting requires training, and you may also need to think outside of the box to be able to convey the meaning behind the painting.
For paintings with optical illusions, you may also need to learn the different aspects behind illusions before you can make your own. Our website holds an entire collection of illusionary painting ideas to guide you. Read on to learn more about illusions and paintings.
Optical Illusion Painting
Illusionary Face Painting
Illusionary Wall Painting
Illusionary Body Painting
3D Illusionary Painting
What Are Illusions?
An illusion, or optical illusion, is something that may look real but is actually an act of deception. Another definition of illusion is being a distortion of the senses, which misleads us to an altered impression of reality. It is an image that fools our eyes into looking at an object in a different perspective, like seeing things that are actually not there. There are actually illusions for most of our senses—visual, auditory, tactile (sensation), and temporal (time)—but the most common type is the visual or optical illusion.
Optical illusions are deceptive images that cause our visual senses to perceive images differently. There are three main types of optical illusions:
- Literal optical illusion. An illusion that is created through the use of images that are different and unrelated to the image as a whole.
- Physiological illusion. An illusion which is caused by factors such as brightness, color, or viewing angles.
- Cognitive illusion. An illusion wherein the brain perceives an image based on assumptions or familiarization.
Benefits of Painting
- Painting requires one to use their imagination, which helps in stimulating their creativity.
- The use of vibrant colors can help people find relief from stress, lessen negative emotions, and promote optimism.
- Painting can also promote critical thinking, in which the artist must analyze carefully as to how they can bring life to their painting.
- Concentrating on your subjects, the details, and the painting in general will build essential skills needed for focusing.
- Hard work can yield to better results and finishing a painting will give you a sense of accomplishment which can help in boosting your self-esteem.
For samples on three-dimensional street art, check out our collection of 3D street art illusions.
Abstract Illusionary Painting
Waterfall Illusionary Painting
Tree Illusion Painting
Vibrant Illusion Painting
Life Is Full of Illusions
Let our sample paintings give you an idea on how to paint your own illusion. These paintings were done by creative and very talented artists from all over the world, and we selected these paintings from among the best ones that we can find on the Internet. You may either use these samples as a guide to your own work or you may also save this on your personal computer and make it as your desktop’s wallpaper.
If you wish to save it, simply click on the green Download button below the image and save it on your device and set it as your background image. You may also have it printed on glossy paper and then have it framed and hung on the walls of your house.
These samples are free and you have the option of saving it in either JPG or PNG format, which are both in high quality. Also check out our collection of abstract paintings, but if you couldn’t find what you were looking for in this page, however, scroll down and check out the links to other related content found on our website.