According to art history, acrylic painting did not start until the early 1940s and is a water-based paint, which is more preferred by numerous amateur painters since it dries in just minutes, whereas oil paintings can take as long as days depending on the thickness of the paint applies, and oil paintings are also combustible and should be used in areas that are well ventilated.
It is crucial to know that as an amateur artist, to have the appropriate set of materials required for painting. Instead of using ordinary paper or cardboard to paint on, consider using a canvas instead—to preserve the magnificence of your work in the years to come. Certain techniques can also be developed after some time with constant practice such as knowing how to blend different hues and shades. Feel free to check out our website for samples on painting ideas.
Acrylic Sunflower Painting
Watercolor Sunflower Painting
Abstract Sunflower Painting
Sunflower Oil Painting
Sunflower Field Painting
Painting Tips from Experts
- Applying paint using a dry brush makes purposely uneven lines, which adds to textures and effects to the brush strokes.
- Washing is when you dilute the paint with more than the usual amount of water, and this will result in a more translucent effect on the surface.
- You may also use both dry and washing methods on a single painting to provide an effective variety of textures and effects.
Interesting Facts about Sunflowers
- The scientific name for sunflower is Helianthus. Helia for sun and Anthus for flower.
- Sunflowers follow the movement of the sun across the sky from east to west, which is a process called heliotropism.
- They need a lot of sunlight and room because they can grow as tall as 16 feet, but the highest sunflower in history reached 30 feet and 1 inch.
- Sunflower oil is rich in vitamins A and D, as well as minerals like calcium and iron.
- Sunflowers are beneficial to the environment because of their abilities to extract substances such as lead, arsenic, and uranium from soil. They also help feed birds, squirrels, and insects.
If you love looking at flowers, check out our sample of flower paintings.
Sunflower Canvas Painting
Sunflower Still Life Painting
Sunflower Pastel Painting
Rustic Sunflower Painting
The Beauty of Nature
Nature is one of the most widely used subjects for paintings and photography since, if done well, will tackle on the different hues of colors that are very pleasing to our eyes, and it shows us the wonders of the world we are living in. Here are a few interesting things that you may want to know about nature:
- Half of the entire world’s oxygen supply is produced in the Amazon rain forest.
- In Africa, incidents of people being killed by hippos are greater than those being killed by lions, elephants, leopards, buffaloes, and rhinos combined.
- Great white sharks are able to smell blood in water up to three miles away.
If you want to use nature as your subject for your painting, then check out our samples of nature paintings.
Why Choose our Painting Samples?
These samples were selected from among thousands of the best ones all over the Internet and were designed by creative and talented painters from all around the world. If you want, you may be able to download these templates easily and for free, and you can choose to save it in high-resolution PNG or JPG format.
You can then either set it as your desktop’s wallpaper, or if you are a web designer, you may also use these as your website’s background image. But if you simply want to use these paintings as your guide, you may do so for your own future paintings. Now what are you waiting for? Get your hands busy and choose any of our painting samples now.