Designers need not be extreme when trying to make any design into a certain look—be it rugged, sweet, cool, or even futuristic. Excessive use of design trends often results in its inability to communicate information and losing its visual appeal. As the popular saying goes, “Simplicity is beauty,” subtle visual elements are as, if not, more effective.
In this page, we have compiled Photoshop patterns that you can incorporate in any creative endeavor to create a stunning visual image that screams simplicity at its finest. Contrary to popular belief, subtle patterns can also express something unique or innovative when used appropriately and with good taste.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Light Subtle Vector Patterns
Seamless Subtle Patterns
Grunge Subtle Patterns
Subtle Paper Patterns
Dark Subtle Patterns
Why Use Subtle Patterns
- To avoid emptiness. Putting a background on any creative work can be a real inconvenience. You don’t want to leave your object to appear floating in nowhere and or its environment have an empty feeling.
- To give a polished look. An empty background could give your page’s visitor an impression of an unfinished job. A background with subtle patterns can make them feel that the page their viewing was done with thought, thus valuable.
- To design minimalist. Minimalist designs generate more retention and a better understanding of the information presented by visual tools. Excessive design elements turn off viewers but not with subtle patterns.
- To project professionalism. While most loud patterns and colors create a fun and energetic atmosphere, subtle patterns convey a laid-back but still interesting mood, especially when used in business collateral.
- To create a larger image. Most subtle patterns are tileable; therefore, it lets you create seamless patterns, backgrounds, or images in larger sizes so they are not only used as website backgrounds but also on flyers and billboards.
Black Subtle Patterns
Subtle Floral Patterns
White Subtle Pattern
Subtle Geometric Patterns
When to Use Subtle Patterns
Subtle patterns can be a great tool to create stunning designs and images. They are easy to use as well as apply in your design or any creative work. They have certain characteristics, but they can be used for a variety of purposes and occasions.
Here are some ways you could use the subtle patterns from our arsenal:
- For backgrounds. These kind of patterns are great to use as backgrounds such as for website pages as they do not steal the spotlight from the important elements of your personal blog or business website.
- For designs that need an oomph. Although they are simple in nature, a little bit of grey and subtle color will give your design a little edge than any plain and solid image. These patterns are also creative and original.
- For designs with texts. Aside from using a solid color for your background that compliments the color of your text, why not use a subtle pattern to put a quote into a text image that is more sophisticated and trustworthy?
- For other design purposes. Like abstract patterns, subtle ones can be used as great alternatives to textures, gradients, and filters. They can be used as an overlay to any image, elements or shapes to achieve a desired effect.
The patterns found here can be downloaded for free and comes in high-resolution PSD, PNG, and Vector EPS formats that you can choose from, depending on what you need and how you are going to use them.