Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and we are too. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the demand for roses have significantly increased. The rose is the most popular type of flower that are given during Valentine’s Day since it symbolizes love and affection. There are, though, other colors of roses that represent different other meanings.
Photography, on the other hand, is more than just taking pictures. It is the art of taking meaningful and memorable images with the use of a professional-grade camera. The photographer needs to have the skills and a very good eye for details. They also need to be familiar with the important components taking a photograph such as the ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and white balance.
If you are into photography but don’t know what to compose, then feel free to check out our collection of these cool photography ideas in which roses are the main subject to give you a quick start.
Pink Rose Photography
Vintage Rose Photography
Blue Rose Photography
Red Rose Photography
Rose Petal Photography
Facts on Cameras and Photography
- The word camera comes from the Latin word camera obscura, which translates to “dark chamber” in English.
- The word photography is from the Greek language, which means “drawing with light.”
- Back in the 1820s, the earliest cameras would take hours to capture an image on film.
- During those times, it was a stressful task to take pictures of children, so the mothers would disguise themselves as chairs while holding their children.
- The very first digital camera was designed by Kodak in 1975, which took black-and-white images in 0.1 megapixel quality.
- The first ever color photograph was taken in 1861 by James Clark Maxwell, a Scottish physicist.
- The oldest known photograph to feature an actual living person in the shot was taken in 1838.
- The first ever aerial photograph was taken from a hot air balloon by Gaspar Felix Tournachon, a French photographer.
Facts about Roses
- There are over 100 species of roses.
- Roses are one of the most commonly grown plant in gardens because of the beauty of its flowers.
- Rose hips, the berry-like fruits of roses, are rich in vitamin C.
- Black roses are not actually black but are dark red in color.
- Red roses symbolize love, yellow for friendship, orange for enthusiasm, white for purity, and pink for joy.
If you want to take pictures with love as the subject, then we have ideas for love photography on our website.
Rose Art Photography
White Rose Photography
Rose Flower Photography
Rose Water Droplets Photography
Tips on Taking Flower Pictures
- Use macro lenses to focus on the flower while filling up the whole frame of the picture.
- You can also opt to use a telephoto to make the background out of focus and the flower stand out more.
- Use a tripod with the most stable base.
- If available, use a remote shutter to prevent accidental shakes on the camera when pressing the shutter button.
- Disable autofocus and shoot in manual mode instead.
- Don’t be in a rush. Be patient and take your time.
If you choose to download these images, you may do so free of charge. These images can be downloaded in either JPG or PNG format for your convenience. If you are looking for ideas on how to take pictures during wedding ceremonies, then we also have wedding photography ideas that you can use to help you out.