Photoshop has a vast number of features that you can play around with and that includes Custom Shapes. They are premade vector elements that you can install and add to your collection of design elements that you use to create digital works of art. Photoshop custom shapes are extremely useful in the right situations, even though brushes are more popular.
Having a custom shape within your reach can save you time as well as provide you more design ideas. Therefore, we have gathered several Photoshop custom shapes that you can download and add to your collection. Most of these shapes are free for personal use, but you may have to check with the author if planned to use commercially.
100,000+ Designs, Documents Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Keynote. - START DOWNLOADING
Arrow Photoshop Shapes
Photoshop Wings Custom Shapes
Speech Bubbles Photoshop Shapes
Stars Photoshop Custom Shapes
Hi-Tech Photoshop Shapes
How to Use Photoshop Custom Shapes
Photoshop has five basic geometric shape tools and adding custom shapes to the arsenal allows you to create more interesting shapes and even copyright symbols to your images. Here are some features that you can use when using the custom shape tool in Photoshop.
- You have more shape options to choose from. The custom shape tool in Photoshop exists so that you can have unique premade vectors to use aside from the already available ones. There is no limit in choosing groups of custom shapes that you can add to your collection.
- You can freely choose a color for the shape. After adding sets of custom shapes to your list of tools, Photoshop also allows you to modify the colors of the shapes you choose to work on. Colors add dimension and character to your designs so it’s not enough to have a custom shape without it.
- You can use the Shape Layers tool. Photoshop also allows us to draw vector shapes which are resolution-independent and fully scalable without the loss of image quality through the Shape Layers option. It also allows you to draw paths and pixel-based shapes.
- You will have shapes with correct proportions. Even though your custom shapes are asymmetrical, Photoshop lets you draw and modify your custom shapes while maintaining the correct proportions and aspect ratio of figures so it does not look distorted, wider or shorter.
- You can load additional shape sets. As what this post is all about, custom shape sets, such as the circular custom shapes and other geometric custom shapes, from outside sources can be added to the collection anytime. Other shape sets have themes like animals, music, nature and so on.
For more Photoshop downloadables, also see our collection of circular Photoshop shapes.
Abstract Photoshop Shapes
Heart Photoshop Shapes
Vintage Photoshop Custom Shapes
Why Use Photoshop Custom Shapes
Finding the right design element to attract audiences has never been too difficult for graphic designers since the existence of downloadable custom shapes for Photoshop. As the design industry is being saturated with unique and creative ideas as well as the notorious popularity of brushes, custom shapes still stand and remain relevant. Some reasons for this we found are the following:
- They are great time savers.
- They are easy to handle.
- They create uniformity.
- They make a perfect figure.
- They enhance visual impact.
- They have strong appeal.
Here at Template.net, we make sure that you have everything that you need for your design ideas. So, don’t hesitate to browse our website for more fun and interesting, as well as helpful articles. Don’t forget to check out our collection of abstract Photoshop shapes too!