11+ Business Poster Designs & Templates
We are well aware of how strenuous it is to promote or advertise businesses and its products and services. It will really require one to exert effort into making their cause or their message known to the public. There are various tools that you can utilize for getting your message across, some bigger than others.
Speaking of big marketing tools, we are actually referring to posters. Below is a collection of various business poster templates that you can download and use to promote business-related concerns. With these templates are some guidelines and tips to further assist you in the process of making your own business posters.You may also see Poster Templates.
Elements of a Good Business Poster
- Header area: Though not all types of posters require the use of a header on the design, it is actually a must to add it in business posters. Why? It’s because this is the area where the identity of the business is indicated. This area contains the name and the logo of the business, and it gives the readers information with regards to who or what entity is behind the poster that they are reading.
- Title area: This element bears an overview of the entire poster, and should at least provide the reader with a brief or abstract information regarding the message that the business is trying to convey. When designing the title, it should be the most prominent among all the elements or at least easily noticeable even for those who are five to ten meters away from it, and it should also be short and significant.
- Main area: When designing the main area of the business poster, it would be best to have it structured and divided into bullet points in order to organize the information and make it easier to read. When trying to advertise something through posters, you can’t expect passersby to actually stop and absorb all the information from the material, though they might probably slow down or stop for a few seconds in order to check whether or not the content on the poster is interesting. This is the reason why you should always organize the content to make it as painless as possible from the reader’s perspective.
- Footer area: Since there is a header to start the hierarchy of the design, there should also be a footer to tie it all together. But unlike the header, wherein it simply introduces the reader to the identity of the business behind the poster, the footer supplies the reader with the necessary contact details and other references.
- Imagery: This refers to the overall look of the poster, and already consists of the images, illustrations, or other forms of graphics on the design. This is mainly to enhance the poster’s look, while still maintaining balance on the different elements. When adding the imagery, make sure that it does not overpower or become a distraction to the more relevant elements.
- Fonts: The type/s of a font used on the business poster still matters when designing one, which is why we included it on this list of elements. Try to avoid highly decorative fonts since most of them are actually hardly legible, stick to simpler ones such as serif or sans-serif. When trying to emphasize certain texts, use boldface instead of the underline or Italic effect.
11+ Business Poster Templates
Business Poster Template
Business Seminar Poster Template
Modern Business Event Poster
Artisan Bakery Cafe Poster Sample
Minimal Fashion Store Poster Example
Artistic Product Advertisement Poster Layout
Jewelry Store Business Poster Format
Multipurpose Business Advertisement Poster
Clean Gym Business Poster Template
Dark Barbershop Business Poster Template
Poster Sample for Business
Creative Chef Business Poster Example
Steps to Designing a Good Business Poster
1. Before you actually use your hands in making your poster, you will first need to use your brain. This is referred to as the planning phase, which is very important since it can guide throughout the rest of the phases.
2. After planning out the theme and the purpose of the poster, start working on the design by either taking down notes or making a sketch of the entire layout. Here, you might also want to add in the elements and texts that you want to include, as well as the colors that you want to incorporate.
3. The next step is to download a template from the internet, and if you want one that’s high quality and fully editable, you can get one from Template.net. While you may choose to make your posters from the ground up, save yourself the stress by download and using pre-designed templates instead.
4. After downloading a template, you will to edit it and modify the elements according to your preferences. Also, take advantage of this phase to proofread the content for any grammatical and/or spelling errors.
5. After finalizing the design, have it printed.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Business Poster Layout
- Posters are meant to be big in order for it to be highly visible even at a distance, so don’t skimp on the font size just so you can save enough space on the layout.
- While telling you to make your poster stand out is a bit overused, considering that every business would want their’s to stand out among the others, you might want to play around with the colors, contrast level, and patterns just to make your poster easily noticeable.
- Observe the rule of fives when designing your poster. The rule of fives actually refers to the level of impact that a design has at five inches, five feet, and fifty feet away. From those three distances mentioned, the impact of your poster should be equal.
- Add in space between letters or lines of text to make the layout appear cleaner and more organized. While this may seem awkward if you haven’t done it yet, it can actually contribute to a better visual look as well as an added impact.
Types of Posters
- Travel Poster: This type of poster is meant to advertise or promote the benefits of traveling frequently. While travel posters are commonly seen in traveling or tourism agencies, they can also be used by people simply to encourage themselves to travel in order to relieve themselves from stress.
- Advertising Poster: This type of poster is mostly used by businesses and organizations to announce new products and services, or upcoming events. In order for them to be readily seen, advertising posters are commonly seen in areas where there is high traffic.
- Informative Poster: As the name suggests, this type of poster is meant to inform or educate people regarding a particular subject matter. Almost always, this type of poster is used to spread awareness about something.
- Subject Poster: This type of poster focuses on a specific subject, and these subjects may either be an individual or a group of persons. You will commonly see this type of poster at concerts and art exhibits, and the poster will most likely bear a portrait of the musician or artist, respectively.
- Affirmation Poster: Also known as motivation poster, this type features Bible quotes or inspirational phrases accompanied by artistic pictures. The primary purpose of this type of poster is to motivate, comfort, or cheer its reader.
- Propaganda Poster: Also known as a political poster, this type has received much criticism because of its frequent use in political campaigns or corporate communication. Almost always, this type often features a logo as well as portray the values of a company or a politician.
- Educational Poster: The reason why this type of poster is called educational is that they are commonly used or seen in schools, universities, or any educational facility. This type of poster is meant to promote a talk or used as a visual aid when giving a discussion or speech.
- Blacklight Poster: A type of poster that gained popularity during the late 1960’s, the blacklight poster is already very artistic as it is, but becomes a lot more appealing when exposed to ultraviolet light. The reason behind that is because this type of poster uses a unique kind of paint that reacts under black light, which leads to its awesome visual effects.
- Movie Poster: What more can we say about this other than this is the type of poster used to market movies? While we can say that this type of poster falls under the advertisement type, the movie poster does deserve its own title since it specifically only focuses on movies.
Sizes of Posters
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- 8.5 x 24 inches
- 11 x 17 inches
- 11 x 36 inches
- 18 x 24 inches
- 19 x 27 inches
- 22 x 28 inches
- 23 x 33 inches
- 24 x 36 inches
- 27 x 40 inches
- 40 x 60 inches
FAQs about Business Posters
What is a poster?
A poster is a large piece of printed paper that is designed to be posted or attached to a flat, vertical surface for visibility. Almost always, posters are seen in areas with moderate to heavy traffic in order for it to be seen by a large enough number of people.
What is the purpose of posters?
Posters are intended for various purposes, but some of which include spreading awareness, motivating, and educating the readers.
Were you able to find the perfect business poster template that you need for getting your message forward? If you’re skeptical of our templates, you’d be impressed to know that not only are they easy to download, but they are also very easy to edit, which makes them the ideal templates for making business posters.