10+ Poster Templates in PSD
Picture this. You and your team have been working hard at trying to get sponsorship and enough funds for a community event you’ve all planned for months. You want everything organized, down to the very last detail, hoping everything goes well and that everybody shows up to support it. Whether you’re the businessman or the organizer, you would only want that hard work and planning to pay off well, only you’re not quite sure how to promote it and spread the word out. You can also like poster templates in PSD.
Elements of a Good Poster Template in PSD
Your best chance at marketing or promoting an event is through printing posters even if you’re not exactly an expert in design. Then again, done well, a poster can make a great difference in drawing people to the event or convincing them to attend. It can also send a powerful message, especially when you use it campaigning for a cause promoting a movie, product or service. Here are the most important elements a well-designed poster needs to have:
- Information: A poster packed with too much information, putting everything from the title, to the date of the event, ticket price, rules and parking information will seem like the right thing to do. Some would even say the more details you include on the design, the more people you’ll be able to convince to attend. It doesn’t work that way though because the effect of an “overloaded” poster will probably just confuse your audience and that’s the last thing you need if you want to have a successful event.
- Headline: You can summarize your poster title into one headline. It could be the title of your event, an announcement for product or recruitment or something similar. Just make sure to keep it short and concise, since the headline of the poster will be the first piece of information that’s going to catch an audience’s attention. It should therefore also be commanding, snappy and compelling to make an impact in a matter of seconds. It’s important to decide which information to highlight based on your poster’s objective.
- Call To Action: CTA or call-to-action should serve as the starting point of the audience to take the next step after they see your poster. This is popular to use in posters that are meant to incline an audience to take action and participate. Some examples include making a call, getting a reservation, discount prices, promotions, get exclusive products and more.
10+ Poster Templates in PSD
Graphic Design Poster Template
Chalkboard Poster Template
Creative Concept Poster Template
Promotional Poster Template
Summer Camp Poster Design
Free Dance Poster Template
Free Conference Poster Sample
Academic Poster Template
Free Birthday Poster Template
Free Movie Night Poster Template
Steps to Create a Poster Template in PSD
A well-designed promotional poster can make all the difference between your hard work and the hours you dedicated for conceptualizing, planning, brainstorming the design getting noticed and a drab poster board. Thinking about your design is important in clearly communicating your output or message. Here are some steps you can follow for designing an effective poster:
1. Work fast: Designing a poster means being patient and committed to the type of work that it demands, on top of having creative skills since graphic artists and designers are usually thrown into a strict and demanding schedule, where your average artist may only be able to create and submit up to two design projects or tasks a week but you can be sure they would each be starting three different projects in one day where one design is produced in the morning, the designer eats lunch then start another design in the afternoon and another before the day ends which is typically around 9:00 in the evening already.
2. Communicate fast: A poster is your visual representation of a sales pitch and you have about fifteen seconds at the most, to nail it, which means you should be able to communicate your message to passers-by, potential customers or donors, fans and your audience at large. This is because your poster will be up against a dozen other posters which could also be promoting events. In the case of movie posters, this is the reason why directors and producers are about the last people you could get feedback from.
3. Design for multiple formats: There are poster designs such as movie posters that a business or organization that aren’t just used as posters. The design can also extend to billboards, marketing flyers, DVD covers and sometimes, even book covers of book-to-movie adaptations if they’re found to be compelling enough. Your team may be capable of designing something straight out of Hollywood movie posters, but if you’re not able to format it well, you’ll see your design go down the drain.
4. Consider the poster’s location: This is an important factor in nailing your poster design and drawing an audience. Where is it going to be placed? In many ways, the location, as well as the size of the poster, visual hierarchy and organization around the material, can serve as a positive response to your call-to-action earlier. Knowing where your poster will be placed is also going to help your decision-making regarding visual contrasts and your color palette choices.
Tips In Designing A Poster Template in PSD
Taking the time to plan the design and working with professionals who understand the process of poster-making and the imagery required to make it compelling and effective is a great step to build or maintain your brand strategy. Here are additional tips for your poster design:
- Build your brand: When creating a poster, especially one that you mean to use for quite some time and not just for a particular event, and one that would make a good impression with donors or sponsors, means following a process. Your design shouldn’t be limited to being a one-season wonder. It shouldn’t only be for building up the hype before the actual event either.
- Use high-quality images: The use of relevant and quality photographs for a print material such as a poster never fails to boost visual value. It’s also one of the fastest and most innovative ways of drawing attention to your poster. This is because people tend to relate with real-life photos, developing an understanding of the poster design and its purpose.
Types Of Poster Template Designs in PSD
Here are the most popular types of poster designs you can use to get people to support or attend your event:
- Vintage Poster: Since the 1920s, posters were already a popular marketing tool for many businesses. Vintage posters may be old-school, but it works great for those who are promoting an event that involves music, such as concerts and festivals.
- Innovative Poster: Design in the creative industry has been lacking the kind of luster it needs for quite some time when it’s supposed to be the most appealing sector for concepts or ideas that are out-of-the-box which is probably why only those who are professionally trained in the field get it done successfully and is able to turn it up when the need or competition calls for it.
- Modern Poster: In the past decade, poster designs have been combined together, creating some unique mix of emotions and irony. They’re a bit more complex to interpret and explain but the design can range from manipulation of stock or original photos to state-of-the-art graphics and illustrations.
Poster Template Sizes
Posters usually come in these standard sizes:
- One sheet, 27 x 41″, portrait format.
- Display (aka half-sheet), 22 x 28″ landscape format.
- Insert, size 14 x 36″ portrait format.
Poster Template FAQs
What is the purpose of a poster design?
A poster is designed or created to advertise, promote or market an event, program, movie, product, service, as well as causes in some cases. If you’re a businessman, a well-thought poster design can influence people’s buying decisions in your favor.
How can I use typography to make my design more sophisticated?
Typography isn’t only letters and their complicated, intricate styles. It can also be used for emphasizing a minimalist take in conveying the poster or event’s main message to the audience, once the poster is finalized.
If it’s your first time designing a poster or taking on a project for a poster design, you will not be able to learn the ticks overnight. With the help of the basic steps, tips, and templates we have included in this article, you can edit and customize the design of your choice. You can also practice by starting with the basics, then experiment with your design elements and make sure to end up with a poster that can communicate the kind of message you want your audience to see.