Being a salesperson means utilizing the appropriate marketing tools or materials in order to deliver a good sales pitch. In terms of marketing tools, there are various types of them that you can choose from, some smaller in size than others but just as effective in getting the job done.
But why go small when you can go for something that screams attention? A good example of a large marketing tool are posters, and we may just have the appropriate templates for it. Here, we have a collection of downloadable sales poster templates that you can use, scroll down to see them yourself.
Elements of a Good Sales Poster
- Heading: In most posters, the top-most element that you will notice is the name and logo of the company behind it, and this element is referred to as the header. However, there are other types of posters that don’t have them because it is no longer necessary. But for sales posters, considering that it represents a business or organization, it is highly recommended to include their identity on the poster to provide information to the readers. This way, people can easily associate the poster with the company.
- Main content: This is the element where the actual sales pitch is done, whether it bears a list of products and/or services, the benefits the people can get from availing of such products and services, or a little bit of both. Here, readers will be provided with information as to what the business is trying to sell while trying to accompany it with a few supporting information. When writing the content, always take into consideration the pace of the passersby who will read them. Make the content as short and concise as possible, enough to have them digest it the information in no more than five seconds. If ever the heading and the content were enough to capture their interests, then they will most likely slow down or even stop to be able to gather information more thoroughly from your poster.
- Fine prints: For other, they refer to this area as the footnote, mainly because it is located at the bottom-most area of the poster. But regardless of how you call it, this section is mainly for providing the readers with even more supporting information regarding the products and services being pitched, or the business itself. Also, this is the element where the contact details of the business can be found.
- Background: This is the element that provides the poster with the needed creative in order for it to stand out and be noticed. In other words, the background is the enhancing element of the poster that helps in keeping the design from looking uninteresting. While the main content is what matters most from your posters, the background is what attracts passersby to take a glance at the poster in the first place.
- Typography: Just like the background, the typography also helps in enhancing the look of the poster and keep it from looking bland. But unlike the background, the readers’ eyes are more focused on the typography because they are the elements that comprise the main content of the design. When choosing the type of font, try to avoid using overly fancy ones and lean more towards the simpler serif or sans serif.
7+ Sales Poster Templates
Jewelry Store Discount Sales Poster
Size: (A3) 11×17 inches + Bleed
Product Sales Advertisement Poster Template
Size: (A3) 11×17 inches + Bleed
Sales Poster Example
Typeface Sales Poster
E-commerce Sales Poster
Sales Incentive Poster
Sales Inspiration Poster
Steps to Designing a Good Sales Poster
1. Make a sketch: Are you certain about the design that you are about to make? Most probably, no. If you are willing to exert a little amount of time in order to make the rest of the process smoother and easier. This little extra time should be spent on making a sketch of the design, or a written description of the layout if you aren’t good at sketching. Here, you can do as much as you want, from adding illustrations to writing short texts, simply to give you an idea of what you want to achieve at the end. It is best to do this early in the process so you’ll know what to do.
2. Download a template: If you’re up for the challenge in having to make your poster design from total scratch, just make sure you have the sufficient amount of time for it, otherwise, you might want to use templates instead. Templates are designs that are already halfway done and will only require few modifications before it can be used. Again, you can always design your posters from scratch if you want to, but if you’re not, then you can always download a template and work on your poster from there. Additionally, poster templates can be found all over the internet, so don’t worry about not being able to find what you need.
3. Edit the template: As mentioned earlier, templates are only halfway done and will still need a few (or a lot of) touches in order for it to be suitable for publishing. When editing, you can do as much as adding more elements, removing pre-set ones, or rearranging them on the layout. The best thing about the templates that we are providing is that they are all fully editable while still preserving the quality. The only catch is that in order to edit the template fully, you will need to use the right editing tool. Thankfully, these templates come in various formats, just choose the one that’s fully compatible with your editing tool.
4. Finalizing and proofreading: After editing the template, don’t publish or print it just yet, check if everything looks the way they should and proofread the content for any errors. Proofreading is very important especially in businesses and sales since it helps in adding to the reputation, a single error on the grammar or content will risk you your clients, so be sure your poster is error free once you decide to publish it.
4. Printing: And of course, printing out your posters. If you have the necessary equipment for printing such large materials, just be sure to invest in quality and to set your printer to print at the highest possible quality. On the other hand, you can always go to printing companies and have your posters printed out by them.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Sales Poster Layout
- Don’t over-clutter the design, limit the number of images, illustrations, text, and colors used.
- Embrace negative space, make sure that there is a sufficient amount of it in between elements.
- Organize the content in order for the audiences to read them easily.
- Just keep the design as simple as possible and make sure to highlight the information that is most important.
Types of Posters
- Product Poster: From the name itself, this type of poster features the product or a list of products that are being offered by a business. Within the main content of a product poster is a brief description of the product/s, and possibly, its benefits as well.
- Affirmation Poster: This type of poster is purely for decorative purposes, but unlike other types having a similar purpose, this one actually conveys a motivational message to its readers.
- Political Poster: This type of poster has been around since the First World War, and they were made for recruiting purposes. Nowadays, political posters have a wider range of use, which already includes persuasion and for promoting a political candidate.
- Event Poster: This type of poster is mainly used for advertising any kind of event, and this type can actually be divided into several sub-types. Two of those sub-types are the following:
- Sports Poster: A sub-type of the event poster which focuses entirely on promoting or announcing sports events.
- Music Event Poster: A music event can range from concerts to dance events, and this sub-type focuses on promoting those types of events.
- Educational Poster: This is a type of poster that is commonly posted in schools and universities, and these posters are used either to promote and explain research work or to act as visual aids to help students with their studies.
- Band Poster: This type of poster simply features a musician or a musical group and is primarily used for decorative purposes. Band posters are common in bedrooms of teenagers, or in college dorm rooms.
- Pin-Up Poster: Also known as cheesecake posters or simply “pin-ups”, this type of poster contain a photo/s of attractive women, usually wearing a skimpy attire. This type of poster first became a hit during the 1920’s, and actually still is popular up to this day.
- Movie Poster: This type of poster is meant to advertise movies, which the film industry first discovered as a way to sell their pictures back in the late 1800’s. Though movie posters are produced mainly for most major movies, they have also been made as a collector’s item for a lot of people.
Sizes of Posters
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- 8.5 x 24 inches
- 11 x 17 inches
- 11 x 36 inches
- 18 x 24 inches
- 19 x 27 inches
- 22 x 28 inches
- 23 x 33 inches
- 24 x 36 inches
- 27 x 40 inches
- 40 x 60 inches
FAQs about Sales Poster
What is a poster?
A poster is a large piece of paper material that is printed with an attention-seeking design. A poster is mainly used to attract attention from people, and are posted in places that are moderately or heavily crowded.
What is the origin of the modern poster?
The modern poster dates back to the mid-19th century, when they were used to spread political awareness, to entice people to attend events, and to encourage them to purchase something.
Are you ready to deliver your sales pitch through posters? If you are, these sales poster templates will not disappoint you, they are both high quality and easily editable. Make an impact and a name for yourself with any of these templates, download one now so you can start working on your sales poster.