By definition, a party is a gathering of people who have been invited by a host to socialize, converse, or as part of a festival or other commemoration of a special occasion. A party will typically feature food and beverages, and often music and dancing or other forms of entertainment. From a simple family gathering to exquisite prom nights, planning a party requires a lot of thought and effort.
One of the things you need to prepare for a party is how you invite guests to share such occasion. Most of the time, the host distributes invitation cards to people individually and personally. But how about when you don’t have enough time to do that? You create a banner invitation. Take a look at our Banner Design Templates below for ideas on how to go with your banner invitations.
Party Invitation Wording Banner
Birthday Party Invitation Banner
Christmas Party Invitation Banner
Farewell Party Invitation Banner
Dinner Party Invitation Banner
What Should Your Banner Include
- What. There are many kinds of invitations, so you should indicate what the invitation is for and what kind of occasion is being celebrated or what the occasion is in honor of.
- Who. The host of the event should be indicated in the invitation as well most especially the honoree or who the party is for in case it’s a birthday, retirement, or a surprise party.
- Where. You don’t want to get your guest lost or, worse, not being able to come because they don’t know where to go. So, don’t forget to mention the location of the event.
- When. Just like where, when the party is happening like the date and time should be indicated if you don’t want your guests to arrive while you are still preparing.
- Dress Code. If you are preparing a themed party and you want your guests to come in specific attire, it should be stated clearly to make sure they don’t get out of place.
Just like an invitation card, these are the basic information you should include in your invitation banner. Make sure to check out other Printable Banner Templates available.
Graduation Party Invitation Banner
Holiday Party Invitation Banner
Halloween Party Invitation Banner
Kitty Party Invitation Banner
Pool Party Invitation Banner
How to Make Your Party Stand Out
Aside from planning the invitations, you can plan to make your party stand out with some of these elements:
- Decorations. Decorating your venue with flowers and candles will add an ambient atmosphere if the purpose of the party is to chill. On another event, you can add some quirky items such as string lights and other paper decoration for a fun setting.
- Theme. If you want to go further with the decorations, try following a theme. It will liven up the occasion and give adults the reason to dress up and bring out their inner child. The food, music, decorations, and outfits should work around the theme.
- Costumes. With a theme, you can also ask guests to wear costumes that are related to it. Costumes should be specified on the invitation even if you don’t have a theme. Usually, parties require casual attires if there is no theme.
- Music. What makes a party without music? For low-profile parties, low and soft music like classical and jazz are more appropriate, while loud and upbeat music is great for dance parties. Or you can hire a music group or band to play for your guests.
You may also want to take a look at our Free Banner Templates for more banner ideas!