Seeing how designers, whether visual or mechanical, tackled their jobs decades ago is fascinating. With a limited set of tools, the aesthetic derived from the past surely generates timeless and even classic pieces that still influences designers nowadays. This endless source of inspiration is called vintage design, which includes all aspects such as patterns, textures, and structures and are used to create old-fashioned and retro looks.
Here at Template. net, we gather some of the of the best retro banners for anyone to download and use to liven up their parties and events. These vectors are mostly free for personal use but you may have to check from the designer for restrictions if used for commercial purposes. They are all available in EPS, PSD, and AI formats for more flexibility in usage. Don’t forget to check out other Party Banner Templates on this website as well.
Retro Birthday Banner
Retro Ribbon Banner
Free Retro Banner Vector
DIY Retro Banner
Hand Drawn Retro Banner
Elements of the Retro Look
Here, we discuss the elements that makes up the vintage and retro aesthetic.
- Flat design. It refers to the use of simple shapes and lines to recreate an image in a minimalist way. Flat design is the most basic, simple, and two-dimensional representation of an object.
- Line patterns. Simple line patterns arranged in a simple and almost neat manner also make up this aesthetic. Geometric shapes, waves, and dots are good examples of the elements of this theme.
- Bright colors. Colors in bright hues are quite popular in the early times and it’s one way to identify this style. And since HD doesn’t exist yet in those eras, expect less saturated colors.
- Bold typography. Along with the rise of graphic design in the mid-century era is the rise of typography. Bold letters and even accurate spacing between letter combinations make the look.
While you’re here, don’t forget to check out other Banner Templates available on this website as well.
Retro Style Sale Banner
Grunge Retro Banner
Retro Label Banner
Bakery Retro Banner
Retro Flower Banner
Why Use Retro Banners
Here are some reasons why you retro banners are perfect for your parties and events.
- It is classic and timeless. The retro look gives designs a sense of timelessness and classic feel to your designs. With it’s raw and organic nature, it provides more options in designing stuff associated with objects from the past.
- It is classic and timeless. The vintage look gives designs a sense of timelessness and classic feel to your designs. With it’s raw and organic nature, it provides more options in designing stuff associated with objects from the past.
- It has an unpolished finish. Vintage patterns are perfect to use in designs that require an old-fashioned and rough finish. Whether it’s a movie poster or a classic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished and often boring designs.
- It can be elaborate without looking overdecorated. With its old and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
- It gives you more freedom to express. You usually get a uniform and rigid designs but with the vintage look, you can get both strong and subtle elements in one, which eliminates the restrictions you have.
For more banner ideas, you may want to check out our compilation of Advertising Banners on this site.