Before, banners were used just to announce community events and to advertise business offerings. They are commonly made out of cloth that resembles the shape of a rectangular flag. But nowadays, the use of banners to decorate events and parties are becoming more popular. There are a lot of ways on how banners can be designed to ensure that they are appropriate to be used in specific events.
Vintage Birthday Party Banner
Vintage Graduation Party Banner Template
Vintage Floral Party Banner
Why Use Vintage Banners
Using vintage banners have a lot of advantages aside from being aesthetically pleasing and here are some of the reasons why they are great for your parties and events.
- It has an unpolished finish. Vintage patterns are perfect to use in designs that require an old-fashioned and rough finish. Whether it’s a movie poster or a classic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished and often boring designs.
- It is memorable. The vintage design is a classic design. Therefore, using vintage aesthetic accordingly can make your advertisement more memorable. More so, vintage banners are timeless which make them great marketing materials.
- It can be elaborate without looking overdecorated. With its old and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
- It gives you more freedom to express. You usually get a uniform and rigid designs for banners but with the vintage look, you can get both strong and subtle elements in one, which eliminates the restrictions you have when designing traditional banners.
For more exciting and interesting banner ideas, you may want to see our Printable Banner Templates.
Vintage Bridal Shower Party Banner
Vintage Christmas Party Banner
Vintage Halloween Party Banner
Different Uses of Banners
Aside from using them to decorate your parties, banners are also used for different purposes like ones listed below. This list might inspire you to use banners for other events in the future.
- Sports. Banners are made by sports fans in order to display on grandstands and hung from the rafters of stadiums in order to show support to their favorite teams. Team banners typically contain the logo, name or nickname, motto, and the team colors.
- Marketing and Promotion. Being able to advertise products through the usage of a banner can make businesses experiment even more design-wise. Banners can come in different sizes which is perfect as there are also different ways that a business can use these tools to provide and disseminate information about their product and/or service offerings.
- Religious practices. Banners have been mainly used in religion to decorate the walls and pillars of churches and other places of worship as well as during processions to recreate the sacred place and used to identify the type of religion they are representing.
- Heraldry. You may notice the heraldic banner, also called the banner of arms, in houses of authorities or national buildings as they usually depict the logo and slogan of the nation, government or organization using it as a sign of proprietorship or territory.
While you’re here, why don’t you check out our compilation of Welcome Banner Templates as well.