We all know that grunge is considered to be one of the most widely used styles in design and has a great influence on the web and graphic design. As a counterpart to the glossy and shiny look, a dirty look with irregular, nasty, and ugly visual elements are available to create some unconventional design approaches when needed.
So, if you’re looking for grunge themes to incorporate in your creative projects, feel free to browse our compilation of Grunge Paper Textures together with other Photoshop textures to create countless grungy creations worthy of a dystopian, future-themed art projects.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Vintage Grunge Paper Texture
Free High-Resolution Grunge Paper Texture
Blue Grunge Paper Texture
Stained Grunge Paper Texture
Gold Grunge Paper Texture
Why Use the Grunge Aesthetics
- It provides an unpolished finish. Grunge textures are perfect to use for designs that require a rough finish. Whether it’s a band gig poster or an organic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished and often boring designs.
- It creates an organic and realistic look. Because it looks untidy and often dirty, it gives designs a raw texture like that of wood, paper, or metal, which provides more options in designing stuff associated with these objects.
- It provides an unpolished finish. Grunge patterns are perfect to use for designs that require a rough finish. Whether it’s a band gig poster or an organic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished and often boring designs.
- It allows more elaborate designs. With it’s distressed and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
- It gives you more freedom. You usually get a uniform and rigid design for textures, but with the grunge look, you can get both strong and subtle elements in one which eliminates the restrictions you usually have with designs.
You have to remember, though, that using textures should be done in moderation. Otherwise, you might create something more than dystopian. Do not forget to check out other paper textures on our website for more creative ideas.
Vector Grunge Paper Texture
Subtle Grunge Paper Texture
Watercolor Grunge Paper Texture
Grunge Floral Paper Texture
Grunge Old Paper Texture
Where to Use the Grunge Concept
Grunge has affected a lot of different aspects and created associations that show common characteristics and makes anything with this concept considered such. Here are some of the areas which grunge has penetrated its influence and where to use this style.
- Art. Designers and artists often tend to explore the less ideal and more realistic design solutions which reflect the world we’re living in more accurately and precisely. The main purpose of these elements lies in their ability to convey a personality and an individual note.
- Music. First of all, grunge was made cool through music. Incorporating elements of punk rock and heavy metal and with lyrics that are filled with teenage angst, young adults have found a way to express the turbulence of their emotions that are typical for anyone at this age.
- Fashion. Derived directly from the type of music mentioned above, this style was simultaneously born and is similarly characterized by people taking as little effort as possible on appearance and wear random clothing deliberately as they dress for comfort and affordability.
If these are the characteristics you want to express as an artist, then the textures on this page as well as our other old paper textures compilations will help you communicate the right feel for your design.