Designers need to expand their resources in order to expand their skills and creativity. These resources include design tools such as brushes, textures, patterns, and more that are vastly available in different design platforms. That is why metal textures should always be a part of every designer’s toolbox in order to create next-level designs.
Metals are one of the materials especially used in the industrial era, and as the new age enters, they never stopped to be a handy tool for engineers and designers alike. So, take a look at our collection of metal wall textures that you can download and add to your arsenal. Make sure to check out other Free Textures available on our website for more ideas.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Rusted Metal Wall Texture
Corrugated Metal Sheet Wall Texture
Brown Metal Wall Texture
Aluminium Metal Wall Texture
Rippled Metal Wall Texture
Different Ways to Use Metal Wall Textures
From a clean, brushed look to rusty and grungy metal grates, these Metal Textures are great for web and game level designs and even for a simple desktop background. Here are some types of different metal wall textures and how to use them.
- Grungy and rusty. The type of visual aesthetic that grungy metals evoke are that of neglect, mystery, and even distress. The dirty and decaying these metals deliver are perfect for backgrounds with an industrial theme.
- Dark. Just like grungy and rusty metals, dark metals such as diamond plates elicits negative feelings but with a more aged and destructive look. Dark metal textures provide an almost ugly design element for unconventional approaches.
- Steely. On the other hand, shiny steel and iron surfaces are rigid, strong, and unforgiving. These characteristics can be great for design concepts that are futuristic and has a modern and edgy look.
- Gold. Meanwhile, gold is used to portray the elegant and affluent property of your designs. Although it can also be used for the reasons mentioned above, it still depends on how a designer executes his ideas.
Old Grungy Metal Wall Texture
Seamless Metal Wall Texture
Metal Wall Panel Texture
Free Metal Wall Texture
Metal Bolt Texture
Why Use Metal Wall Textures?
From time to time, you would want to employ metal patterns into your design, especially if you want to produce high-quality and photorealistic designs with a distinct look and feel. Here are other reasons why metal wall textures are great for your design projects:
- It creates an organic and realistic look. Because it looks untidy and dirty most of the time, it gives designs a raw texture like that of wood, paper, or metal, which provides more options in designing stuff associated with these objects.
- It provides an unpolished finish. Metal wall textures are perfect for designs that requires a rough finish. Whether its a band gig poster or an organic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to a rather clean and often boring look.
- It gives you more freedom. You usually get a uniform and rigid textures for designs, but with the metal look, you can get both strong and subtle textures in one which eliminates the restrictions you usually have.
- It allows more elaborate designs. With its unconventional qualities, you can add more interesting aspects to your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
You may want to see our compilation of Abstract Textures, so feel free to browse our site’s design archives.