Just like any kind of holiday, Thanksgiving Day can be a hectic day. That is why if you are the household head or the main event planner for your clan, you need to stay ahead on your planning game weeks before the actual holiday. This way, things like what kind of dishes to cook, who to invite, what kind of party theme to follow, what invitation design to use and other party planning details are addressed.
In this article, we will specifically share digital and printable templates that can be used during the Thanksgiving holidays—from party invitations to party flyers, we got it all! We will also share some tips on how you can best choose the best Thanksgiving template for your party, event, website, or business.
When you think of graphic design templates, the first thing that comes into mind is ready-to-print digital files. However, this is often a misnomer since printable templates still require a little editing to make them more suitable for the end user’s end goal. This applies to Thanksgiving templates or any kind of holiday templates as well.
In the list below, we enumerate some essential features that should be seen in any Thanksgiving template for it to be effective for whatever purpose it was created for.
1. Theme Relevance: The most important design element that should be present in a Thanksgiving template is the theme’s relevance to Thanksgiving Day. Choose a template design that seamlessly combines Thanksgiving decor, color scheme, wording, typography, and images. However, following a holiday theme does not mean you need to include all the traditional Thanksgiving card, flyer, or brochure designs. Use your judgment in determining if a specific template design is too over-the-top or you like it enough even if makes use of minimal Thanksgiving visual references.
2. Visual Hierarchy: The next essential feature that helps make compelling Thanksgiving template design it its visual hierarchy. This refers to the arrangement of all the design elements used in the project. Choose a template design that presents information in a way that makes it easier for the reader (or customer) to understand the message of the template.
To illustrate, if you are creating a Happy Thanksgiving flyer for your retail clothing store, this follows a layout where the Thanksgiving greeting text is made larger since this is the main sentiment you want your customers to know.
3. Typography: Visual hierarchy will not work without the use of an equally compelling typography design. Carefully choose the different typefaces and font style effects that all the text elements on your Thanksgiving template design should use. Limit your typeface family selections up to two separate font styles within the same typeface family. This design technique helps make your template design more readable and less confusing.
4. Persuasive Text: To complete this list, the last important element that should be present in any Thanksgiving template is an equally compelling text or ad copy. Whether you are creating a Thanksgiving greeting card or a printable Thanksgiving poster, it needs to come with a few lines of text. The most ideal template wording should be one that makes a reader more excited for the upcoming Thanksgiving Day festivities.
Those are the most important elements that should be present in any Thanksgiving Day template. Feel free to modify this list and add your own essential template design elements. For more holiday design inspiration, do not forget to check the rest of this article and our website.
From Thanksgiving card templates to label templates, we have almost any kind of free printable template that anyone may use for the upcoming Thanksgiving Day celebrations. Embedded below are fully customizable so you may add, remove, or improve each template to match your own tastes.
Need an extra hand in designing your own Thanksgiving templates? If yes, then you will like this next section of this comprehensive Thanksgiving template guide. In the next few paragraphs, we will be sharing a step-by-step guide on how to create templates and designs that can be used for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Read each step carefully and do not forget to bookmark this article so that you can refer back to this guide from time to time.
1. Determine what type of graphic design project you want to start: There are many types of print media marketing collaterals that can be tailor-fitted for Thanksgiving Day. That is why the first step in creating a Thanksgiving template is to determine what specific kind of printed document you want to create. Do you want to create a holiday flyer, a printable Thanksgiving menu, or Thanksgiving promotional banner?
2. List down all the data you need to include on the template design: Next, you should figure out and write down all the pieces of information that you want your Thanksgiving template to include. For example, if you want to create a party flyer, you may need to include the name of the venue, place, time, and date of the Thanksgiving party. Determine what your template design needs and list them all down beforehand so that you will have a more streamlined template creation process later on.
3. Choose a template layout: After that, choose a template layout that will allow you to best present the different pieces of information found in your Thanksgiving template. Test out different layouts or arrangements until you find one that you like best. If you are using a pre-made template, you may not be able to change the built-in template layout.
4. Gather all relevant images and illustrations in one folder: For an easier template creation process, take the time to choose and download all the relevant images or illustrations that you want to use for your Thanksgiving template.
5. Open a graphic design software and start combining all the text and design elements: And then, it is now time to choose a graphic design software tool and begin creating your own Thanksgiving template.
6. Alternatively, use a pre-made Thanksgiving template and edit it: And if you have bought a pre-made printable Thanksgiving template, you can customize it right away without having to create a base template from scratch.
7. Review the template design: After that, it is best to ask another person to review and/or proofread the contents of your Thanksgiving template design. This especially important if you want your template design to exude professionalism and if you are creating a Thanksgiving template for a formal event.
9. Finalize all design changes: The next step is then to make all the changes that the proofreader or editor has recommended. Save the final design on your computer or on a flash drive. This will make it easier for you to do the next step.
10. Print out the final Thanksgiving template: The last step is to print out your Thanksgiving template. This is applicable if you are creating a printed marketing collateral like menu templates, flyers, or even roll-up banners. But if you are creating a digital Thanksgiving template like an email newsletter or a banner ad design, you may begin posting them on your websites.
Finally! You have now created your very own Thanksgiving templates. Congratulate yourself. Do not forget to keep on practicing if you wish to improve your template designing skills.
Thanksgiving templates may be categorized into the kind of digital or printed marketing collateral they are created for. Listed below are a few examples of Thanksgiving templates.
Thanksgiving templates are sized according to the type of marketing collateral they are created as. Listed below are a few of the standard printing size for each type of Thanksgiving template.
A Thanksgiving template is a pre-formatted digital file that includes all the design and text elements needed to craft a Thanksgiving template. These kinds of templates may vary from flyer templates to email signature templates.
To create any kind of Thanksgiving template, graphic design and software tools like Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Publisher can be used.
Different countries have different official Thanksgiving Days. In the United States, it is celebrated every fourth Thursday of November. Canada celebrates it every second Monday of October. In other countries, Thanksgiving Day may be celebrated as a form of traditional harvest day celebration.
Learning about Thanksgiving Day as it is celebrated across the world can be both enriching and eye-opening. With the help of all the tips and pre-made printable thanksgiving templates included in this article, we hope that you get to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday.