What is one thing in common among raffle draws, weddings, gated parties, and other events? Well, it’s the use of tickets. A ticket is a piece of printed paper that acts as a proof of someone’s or something’s admission, fare, or access to a specific event, service, or location.
In this article, we aim to provide comprehensive information on how to create excellent ticket designs. Moreover, we are also sharing multiple examples of ticket templates in PSD format. Read all about them below.
Coming up with an awesome ticket design depends on multiple factors. And if you want to create the best ticket design for your event, business, or organization, acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the best design will work to your advantage.
To assist you in that endeavor, we have compiled the five basic design elements that should be present in order to create a compelling ticket. Learn more about these essential characteristics below.
1. Paper Type: To start this list, we begin with the paper type or quality. It is important to choose a high-quality paper or cardstock to print any ticket template design on. The paper quality will affect the impression that a printed ticket sets to potential customers, clients, guests, and the general public. For example, if you are creating a wedding vintage ticket invitation, use luxurious paper products that help showcase your formal wedding theme.
2. Typography: The next essential feature that should be present in a ticket design is good typography. Tickets will contain information about the event or occasion you are planning. Therefore, all these pieces of information should be printed and presented in an easy-to-read manner. Choose font styles that connect with the type and theme of the event you are planning. Also, be mindful of the spacing, kerning, font colors, and sizes as they will all affect how readable and how presentable the final ticket design will be.
3. Branding Design Elements: The presence of one’s business or personal branding design elements is another indicator of a good ticket design. These branding elements help readers, guests, customers, and clients connect the ticket with your business and brand. And with an effective marketing campaign, a simple logo or letterhead design in your tickets can help increase brand recognition ten-fold.
4. Theme: Whether you are designing a wedding invitation ticket or a restaurant meal ticket, it is important to follow a design theme for your ticket. A coherent theme can help relate your brand’s message to your intended audience in a creative yet unobtrusive way. For example, if you are organizing a band concert, it helps that you follow a festive and colorful theme for the concert admission ticket design. This way, concert-goers can easily associate the ticket with the band and the amazing concert experience they will get.
5. Content: Of course, you should not forget the actual content of your ticket design. This may vary from the standard invitation wording to the formal event admission rules and regulations depending on the kind of ticket you are creating. An effective ticket design is one that includes all relevant details on the ticket itself so that the recipient or owner of the ticket will know what is expected of him or her upon receiving the ticket.
Integrate all the design elements into your own ticket creation process and you will only end up with an equally useful and effective ticket design. Feel free to change up these characteristics or features depending on the type of event you are planning for.
Take a look at all the 11+ ticket templates in PSD file format below. Most of these templates are available for free or for a minimum licensing fee and you easily download and edit them on your end.
If you are wedding planner, business owner, or event organizer who is interested in creating the best ticket design, just applying the five basic elements we have discussed earlier may not be enough. It is a competitive world out there and you need to come up with better and more competitive designs.
That is why we have compiled a few design tips that will help anyone transform their ticket designs into something more memorable and exciting. Find out what these tips are below.
1. Use high-quality paper: We have mentioned this before and we are mentioning it again. Choose high-quality cardstock, thick paper, or even textured paper to add oomph to your final ticket design. For some, especially those who are creating wedding ticket invitations, the paper quality speaks to how much effort was put into planning the entire wedding event.
2. Apply advanced printing techniques: Do not forget that the printing method you choose also affects the overall quality of your ticket. Nowadays, you may incorporate foil, embossed, debossed, and even papercutting printing methods. Just ask your local print shop owner for the possibility of using any of these printing techniques.
3. Improve your Adobe Photoshop editing skills: As this article is all about PSD ticket templates, we encourage you to brush up on your Adobe Photoshop editing skills. This way, you can easily add, remove, or modify design elements on pre-made ticket templates and transform them into something unique and unrecognizable from the original base template.
4. Add a persuasive Call To Action: For those who are creating event admission tickets as part of a business model, do not forget to add a persuasive Call To Action in your ticket design. For example, if you are organizing your town’s carnival, then it is best to add a captivating line or two about the attractions on the carnival on your carnival admission ticket design.
5. Keep it simple: If it is your first time creating a graphic design project such as creating a raffle or wedding ticket, then it is best to err on the side of caution and, instead, keep your ticket design as simple as possible. No one will judge you and your event if you follow a minimalist ticket design. What is important is that the pieces of information found on the ticket match what the ticket buyers will enjoy during the event or celebration itself.
Did you take notes of each design tip? We certainly hope so! Each tip will surely help you make truly excellent ticket designs that you and your guests/customers/clients will remember and cherish for a long time. Also, do not forget to bookmark this article so that you can easily refer back to it when the need arises.
There is no standard categorization system for tickets. Instead, tickets may be grouped according to their general purpose. The three most common types of tickets according to these criteria are as follows:
There is no standard ticket printing size. In this article, most of the free templates follow the printing size of 2 inches by 5.5 inches. You may still resize the ticket template to your preferred printing size. Other less common ticket printing sizes are the US Letter and the A4 paper sizes.
A ticket template in PSD is a pre-formatted graphic design file made using Adobe Photoshop. As a graphic design file, it already contains all the fundamental text, images, illustrations, placeholders, fonts, and formatting elements needed to create a ticket design.
Raffle tickets are tickets with serial or tracking numbers used in random drawings for a predetermined prize/s. A wedding ticket, on the other hand, is a wedding invitation card that follows the format or structure of a fare ticket.
A support ticket is a term used in customer service where customers or clients file complaints, report service issues, and other things related to a specific product, service, organization, or event. Customers requesting support or help with a product or services typically call a support hotline where the interaction is logged in a support ticket system.
In this article, we showcase ticket templates that are created and edited using Adobe Photoshop. If you do not have Adobe Photoshop, you may still use other graphic design software programs like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and Publisher to create and edit your own ticket designs.
Study all the design tips and hacks that we’ve shared above. Do not forget to incorporate them into your own template creation process for a more unique and satisfying end result. To see more examples of other design printables and editable ticket and business templates, check out the rest of our website.