If you are a party organizer, event planner, or just a regular business owner who wants to organize any event or occasion by issuing printed tickets, then this article is for you.
Tickets can be any printed slip of paper that contains admission, contest, or participation information. And in this article, we will share with you a cost-effective way and quick way to create your own ticket designs. We will also share best practice tips on how to create tickets alongside real-life examples of downloadable ticket templates.
Tickets come in various shapes and sizes. And if you want to create well-designed ones, you need to first consider a few important things. Mainly, the core design elements that help make a good ticket design.
We have listed what these essential characteristics are below. So, read on and make sure to incorporate these tips into your design-making process later on.
1. Security Features: When one thinks of tickets, admission tickets almost always come to mind. And these kinds of tickets embody one important characteristic or element that is important in making good ticket designs. So if you are creating your own admission or event tickets, make sure that you incorporate security measures to prevent ticket scalping and ticket fraud. Simple bar code designs and tracking numbers can work well. And for those who are creating tickets for exclusive events like concerts and parties, you may add advanced security features like holographic stickers and UV printing.
2. Typography: Another essential element that helps make compelling ticket design is the use of a good lettering style or typography. The right font style, font size, font color, and even kerning helps make a ticket more readable. Good typography choice also means that you do not let your font styles overpower the message or content of your ticket.
3. Attractive Color Scheme: When creating any kind of graphic design project, color choice is another defining characteristic. This is especially true if you want to create useful and memorable ticket designs. For example, if it is your end goal to a create a concert ticket design that can be used as memorabilia or souvenir, following an attractive color scheme will help make the ticket more visually appealing and worthy of being collectible merchandise.
4. Accurate Content: If there is one thing that can make or break a ticket design it is its content. This is especially true when creation paid admission tickets. Therefore, when designing a ticket, make sure that you only add the most important and the most accurate pieces of information. To illustrate, make sure that the ticket number, event date and time, the ticket holder’s name, and even the event venue coincides with the event it was created for.
5. Terms and Conditions: Effective ticket designs are those that allow a customer to know the specific rules that govern his or her use of the ticket. This is important to help create an organized and peaceful event. When designing tickets, you may add the terms and conditions portion at the back of the ticket. And if such terms are lengthy or comprehensive, you may use smaller font sizes that is still readable.
Make sure that any ticket you design incorporates all these characteristics or elements. When combined well, you will have a useful and memorable ticket on hand. Be sure to read until the end of this article for ticket design and usage tips.
Check out all these ticket templates in MS Word file format. Each template is fully editable and downloadable in other formats too like Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), InDesign (INDD), Apple Pages, and Microsoft Publisher (PUB).
For some, knowledge of the most important characteristics that help make a compelling ticket design is not enough. That is why, if you want to create more awesome tickets, check out these additional design hacks below.
1. Use high-quality images: Using high resolution images is essential when creating any kind of graphic design project. And due to a ticket’s small size, make sure that you also choose images that will scale down well. Do not forget to make sure that if you are using stock photos, double-check if they can legally be used for personal or commercial use.
2. Incorporate advanced printing techniques: Another way to make a ticket design appear more elegant and format is by incorporating advanced printing techniques. For example, you may use foil printing, embossed printing, or papercutting techniques to make a ticket design appear more realistic. These new printing techniques can be useful if you are making wedding ticket invitations and other formal ticket invitations.
3. Add unique branding elements: And if you are creating tickets for an event or gathering as a legitimate business dealing, do not forget to add your own branding design elements. This includes, but is not limited to, your company logotype, logo, or letterhead design. Adding your business’ unique branding elements can help increase brand recognizability. This also makes it easier for customers to know who to contact in case they have questions about the tickets they are paying for.
4. Use an editable ticket template: Lastly, do not forget to use a pre-formatted ticket template. They are cost-effective and time-saving tools when making any kind of graphic design project. In addition, ready-made ticket templates are fully customizable, making it easier for you to add, remove, or modify a template design to suit your business needs.
Remember all these tips and you will have a relatively easier time crafting your own ticket designs. Then combine them with the core design elements discussed at the beginning of this article. When you do that well, you will have a well-designed printed ticket in on time. Also, if you think you need more help, do not hesitate to check out the rest of our website for more design and business tips.
Need a simplified guide on how you can start designing your own ticket? If yes, then this next section of the article will delight you 🙂 .
1. Determine what type of ticket you need to create. Do you need to make raffle, event, or admission tickets? Also, consider what you really want to use the tickets for.
2. Next, gather all the design elements that you want to incorporate on your ticket. This includes all the images, illustrations, icons, header styles, artwork, and other branding elements.
3. Write down all the details you want to include in your ticket. Make sure that you obtain only the most updated and most accurate pieces of information. Details like the event schedule and security features of a ticket should be taken seriously even before printing the ticket itself.
4. Download a printable ticket template. Multiple examples of free and premium ticket templates are embedded within this article.
5. Open the ticket template using your preferred graphic design software.
6. Start editing the template. You may also add all the images, illustrations, and text that you have compiled earlier.
7. Once you are satisfied with the design, have it evaluated by another person. Check for errors.
8. Save the final ticket design file to a flash drive or to your computer.
9. Print your ticket design. Don’t forget to use high-quality paper.
Listed below are different types according to how they are used. Examples of each ticket type are also included below.
Printable ticket templates included in this article all follow the 2 inches by 5.5 inches paper size. Template end users may change and resize a ticket template based on their business needs or personal preferences.
A ticket template in Word is a pre-formatted file made using Microsoft Word. It can also be edited using Microsoft Word. Template files created and stored using MS Word will have a .DOC or .DOCX file extension name.
Printed tickets and passes are basically the same when they refer to that piece of document that allows a person or thing to enter a specific event, location, or gathering. But do note that both things may also refer to other things like a speeding ticket and a cross-field pass.
To make your event tickets more secure, you may add holograms, tracking numbers, gloss marks, secured micro text, UV security mechanisms, unique barcode numbers, and even use heat-sensitive security paper.
Do you only need Microsoft Word to create a ticket design?
Aside from Microsoft Word, ticket designs can also be created using other graphic design tools like Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and even Microsoft Publisher.
Learning about what makes a good ticket design and how you can further improve your own creations has hopefully inspired you to start crafting your own event entrance tickets. Bookmark this article so that you can easily refer back to it. You may also check out the rest of Template.net to see more examples of graphic design and business templates.