Whether it’s for admitting a person to an event or a place that’s restricted, or for allowing them to participate in a particular contest or activity, tickets are the best tools to use. Aside from those mentioned above, a ticket actually serves a lot more purposes which we will find out later.
Later on, you’ll find out the different types of tickets and how each one is used, but let’s focus first on the Publisher-based ticket templates that we have gathered here for you. If you prefer using Microsoft publisher for creating DIY tickets, then the templates below are indeed your best resources.
1. The business or organization issuing the ticket: When a holder gets their hands on any ticket, they will usually look into its branding identity which is usually found on the front. The business or organization should always include their name and logo on the ticket so people can easily associate it with them.
2. The title or heading of the ticket: This element heavily relies on the type of ticket being issued and/or the purpose of the ticket. The ticket heading is usually the most prominent element and it serves to attract audiences as well as inform them what the ticket is for.
3. Date and time: This element is very common among tickets that require to be used at a particular date such as event, movie, and airline tickets. The ticket should clearly indicate the completion date and time that the ticket can and must be used, and it should be made very visible on the ticket.
4. Venue or location: Just like the previous element, this is also very common among certain types of tickets that require to inform people where the ticket should be used. However, for airline tickets, this element also serves to inform the holder which flight they’re taking and where they’re going.
5. Bar or QR code: Usually, tickets are cut in half when it is being presented by its holder to a ticket checker. But because of technology, the process of checking tickets has been made a lot easier through the use of a bar or QR code, in which it will only need to be scanned on a machine instead of having to split the ticket apart.
1. Decide on a style: When it comes to the style, this refers to all the physical characteristics of the ticket including the color scheme, the imagery involved, and even the size of the ticket. When choosing a style, go for something that’s appropriate for the type and purpose of the ticket.
2. List down the content that you wish to include: What information are you planning to include on the ticket? In order to ensure that your ticket has all the relevant details, you should prepare a draft of the content on a sheet of paper, it might even be best to also include short descriptions of the ticket’s design or layout.
3. Download a ticket template: Instead of having to start with nothing, why not download a ticket template so you’ll get the first half of the task done? The best thing about templates is that they already come with elements and designs, and all you need to do is make modifications to that design.
4. Generate a bar or QR code: If you haven’t tried making one, then this may seem complicated. Fortunately, bar code and QR code generators are very common on the internet, most of them are even free. Simply follow the instructions provided and you’ll be able to generate a code in no time. Also, make sure to try scanning the code to see if it works.
5. Edit the downloaded ticket template: After downloading a ticket template and generating a bar or QR code, now it’s time to put them all together. Since these templates are all in Publisher format, it would be best to use the appropriate editing tool in order to gain more freedom over the template’s layout.
6. Have your tickets printed out: And of course, once you’re done editing the template, the only thing left for you to do is to have your tickets printed out. Unless you have a specialized printer that does this job, you might want to hire a printing business to do this for you.
1. Event ticket: An event ticket is basically the type of ticket that event organizers give out or sell to attendees in order for the latter to be permitted to enter the premises. This type of ticket can be purchased at authorized ticketing outlets, from the organizers themselves, or online.
2. Movie ticket: This type of ticket is used for allowing the holder entry into a movie theater and watch a screening of a movie. Some movie tickets give more freedom to the holder in terms of the screening time and the seat assignment, while others actually indicate a specific schedule and seat number
3. Airline ticket: Also known as a travel ticket, this type of ticket serves to verify that a person has indeed booked a reservation for an airline seat. However, airline tickets aren’t enough to permit the passenger entry to the airline, they will need to secure a boarding pass first by checking-in using their airline ticket.
4. Meal ticket: A meal ticket grants the ticket holder a chance to dine at a specific restaurant indicated on the ticket. This type of ticket is either issued or given away by the restaurant, but people also usually buy these and then give them out to other people as a gift.
5. Parking ticket: A parking ticket is a form of receipt that is issued to an individual in order to allow them to park their vehicle in a particular area. Usually, parking tickets are issued by parking attendants but there are also some that are issued automatically by parking meters.
6. Traffic ticket: Unlike parking tickets, a traffic ticket is something that every vehicle owner wishes not to have. The reason behind this is because traffic tickets are only issued to individuals who have committed traffic violations, and they will need to be settled with a fine.
7. Lottery ticket: Basically, the lottery is a gambling game that involves a combination of numbers, and whoever gets a match between the numbers on their ticket and the official result wins a cash prize. A lottery ticket mainly gives the ticket holder a chance to participate in the game, and it can only be bought from authorized lottery outlets.
8. Raffle ticket: A raffle ticket is somewhat similar to the lottery ticket in the sense that it permits the holder to participate in a gambling competition. But unlike the lottery, a raffle doesn’t involve choosing numbers since it is already printed on the ticket. During the raffle date, the winner is decided by drawing a ticket randomly from a pile and then announcing it.
9. Season ticket: A season ticket is very common among sports events in which it permits the ticket holder to every game that is played by that team for the entire season. In sports, a season is defined as the entire duration wherein the games are in session.
Everything in this article is very straightforward, you’ve got the guidelines and the templates necessary for creating high-quality tickets. With regards to our ticket templates, you’ve got nothing to worry as long as you’re using Microsoft Publisher for editing them. Start working on your tickets, click on that download button now.