22+ Gift Voucher Designs & Templates – PSD, Ai, Word
In business, there are discount tools such as vouchers, and these actually come in a number of types and uses which we well discuss in a bit. One of those is gift vouchers, which are commonly used in retail shops to draw customers as well as to get their products sold.
Indeed, it has been proven that gift vouchers are able to attract customers effectively, which is a good enough reason why you should start using one for your business. Here, we have a collection of gift voucher templates to help you make one. Scroll down to see the templates yourself.
Elements of a Good Gift Voucher
1. A headline: The headline is what people see right away from the gift voucher. It is designed to be prominent for the reason that it should be able to attract attention from people as well as to provide them with an overview of the gift voucher. When writing the headline, make sure that it not only stands out, but it should also be informative enough.
2. Mesmerizing graphics: Aside from the headline being the element that draws people towards the gift voucher, the graphics also do an amazing job in doing that. The graphical elements help to enhance the look of the gift voucher, and they can also be used to convey relevant information. Graphical elements can either be images, color gradients, patterns, or shapes.
3. Details regarding the gift voucher: In terms of details, don’t be expecting thorough explanations regarding the voucher, this will simply provide information regarding when and where the voucher is valid for use. There are some gift vouchers that provide a lot more information than usual, but others would prefer to write that additional info on the fine print, which is what we are about to describe next.
4. Terms and conditions: Also referred to as the fine print, this provides the holder with additional information regarding the gift voucher. Oftentimes, the period of the gift voucher’s validity is indicated in this section, but most of the time, only the expiry date is written here. You may want to include a lot more information on this section that you think is relevant for the holder. Also, when writing these elements, try not to make them too fine to keep them from becoming illegible.
5. Name and logo of the issuing business: This is where the identity of the issuer is indicated on the gift voucher. Almost always, the name of the business or organization is accompanied by their logo, and this is mainly for branding purposes.
6. Space for the name of the recipient: Most vouchers don’t require the name of the holder to be indicated because they are commonly issued to leads and/or loyal customers. However, since gift vouchers are usually given from one person to another or are issued specifically to an individual, it would be ideal to provide a space where the name of the recipient can be written.
22+ Voucher Templates
Simple Gift Voucher Template
Elegant Gift Voucher Template
Editable Gift Voucher Template
Cash Gift Voucher Template
Dinner Gift Voucher Template
Spa Gift Voucher card Template
Spa Gift Voucher For Husband Template
Thank You Gift Voucher
Birthday Gift Voucher
Hotel Gift Voucher
Spa Gift Voucher
Wedding Gift Voucher
Beauty Cosmetics Gift Voucher Template
Minimal Business Gift Voucher Sample
Coffee Shop Gift Voucher Sample
Christmas Celebration Gift Voucher Example
Massage Parlor Gift Voucher Design
Elegant Hotel Gift Voucher Template
Black Photography Gift Voucher Example
Summer Shopping Gift Voucher Sample
Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Available File Formats
PSD Gift Voucher Template
Gift Voucher Design
How to Create a Gift Voucher
1. The Theme: Decide on the theme of your gift voucher. With regards to the theme, you may want to use certain holidays or special occasions, or you may also want to make up your own unique theme.
2. The Size: Choose the best size for your gift vouchers, and you can even check out the list of voucher sizes below as a reference.
3. Downloading a Template: Choose a template from Template.net, there are tons of gift voucher templates that you can choose from. After you have chosen a template that works for you, simply download it.
4. Adding Graphics: Choose eye-catching graphical elements after you have chosen a gift certificate template. When choosing images or illustrations, go for those that are appropriate to the brand and can help in enhancing the design.
5. Adding Text: Next, choose a font that is also appropriate to your company’s style. The text is responsible for communicating the essence of the business, which makes it powerful and essential to the gift voucher.
6. Proofreading: Check for any grammatical and/or spelling errors. The slightest mistake will most likely lead to a negative impression of your business. While customers might still want to use the gift voucher in order to enjoy its perks, they might not go back afterward because of the bad record.
7. Finalizing the Design: Once everything is according to plan, you can then finalize your gift voucher design, save it in a format of your choice, and then have it printed.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Gift Voucher Layout
- As much as you want your gift voucher design to be creative, don’t forget that simplicity is always better since it allows the elements to be distinguishable from the others, and a simple design proves to be much more appealing than fancy ones.
- Rooting for simplicity doesn’t mean you should omit the use of colors on the design. The presence of colors can actually help in enhancing the look of your gift voucher, but try not to overuse it since it might clutter up the design.
- Every voucher comes with a fine print but avoids from making this section too small that it can no longer be read. The fine print section offers additional information to the holder, so make sure to have this section legible enough.
Types of Vouchers
1. Gift Voucher: A gift voucher—such as the ones in this article—is a piece of paper that hold monetary value and can be used to make purchases from a retail store. If ever the item has a larger value than the gift voucher, the buyer can choose to pay the remaining amount using cash. However, if the value of the item is smaller, they won’t be able to receive any change for the excess amount.
2. Meal Voucher: A meal voucher—also known as a luncheon voucher—is a type of voucher that holders can use to enjoy the privilege of dining in fine restaurants. Almost always, meal vouchers are given by companies to their workers as a form of incentive. However, there are meal vouchers that offer only a discount on the total bill, while there are also those that cover the bill in its entirety.
3. Discount Voucher: From the name itself, you can already tell that this type of voucher will allow the holder to buy goods for a lower price. There are two types of discount vouchers, the “percentage” discount vouchers and the “absolute amount” discount vouchers. With percentage discount vouchers, the larger the value of the item, the larger the discount. With absolute amount discount vouchers, on the other hand, the discount is fixed.
4. Tourism Voucher: A tourism voucher—also referred to as a travel voucher—is a document that acts primarily as a proof the holder whose name is indicated on the voucher has the privilege to travel to a specific place. Take note, tourism vouchers are different from travel tickets and boarding passes.
5. Internet or Electronic Voucher: This is a type of voucher that can be used online to avail of discounts or certain benefits. This type of voucher almost always contains an alphanumeric code, in which customers can use when redeeming the value of the voucher.
6. School Voucher: A school voucher—also known as an education voucher—is a form of certificate that is issued by the government to allow a school-aged individual to study at a school of the student’s choice. The student tuition is then shouldered by the government, though depending on the state, it may either cover only a semester or the entire school year.
Sizes of Vouchers
- 8.3″ x 3.4″ (210 x 99 mm)
- 8.5″ x 4″ (215 x 101 mm)
- 3.5″ x 2″ (88.9 x 50.8 mm)
FAQs about Gift Vouchers
Do gift vouchers expire?
Yes, gift vouchers will expire and businesses will no longer honor gift vouchers beyond the expiry date.
Are businesses allowed to apply expiry dates on gift vouchers?
Yes, most business will even provide the holder with a reasonable amount of time to use their gift vouchers.
How long do gift vouchers last?
The time period that a gift voucher is valid for use will greatly depend on the issuing business. But almost always, the time period will usually be between three to twelve months.
How are gift vouchers used?
Some gift vouchers are presented to the cashier upon payment, while some can only be redeemed when making online purchases. The latter can be made possible by going to a specific page or clicking on a button and then entering the voucher’s code.
Were you able to find the specific gift voucher template that you need for your business? Don’t hesitate to download it. Every single one of the templates that you have just seen is high quality and fully editable, what’s not to like about that? Go ahead, download that gift voucher template now.