How to Create a Certificate of Excellence in Apple Pages
Certificates are a great way to motivate people to work hard and give their all in a particular field. For the recipient, it will make them feel that their hard work paid off and was not overlooked by their superiors, instructors, or whoever is above them. If you're planning on creating one and you prefer to use Apple Pages to do it, we've laid out a list of tips below to help you out.
1. Ponder on How to Design and Present Your Certificate
There is a certain look that you want your simple certificate to have. Create a draft first on how you want your certificate to look and decide on what type of paper to use. To make drafting easier, we strongly recommend using a pencil so you can erase and change the design as many times as you want.
2. Choose the Appropriate Typography
Certificates should make use of decorative fonts that contribute to the overall look of the document. Experiment with different fonts and decide which one looks best with your certificate. You're actually allowed to use more than just one for as long as you don't go beyond three fonts.
3. Use Borders and Other Decorative Elements
You might have noticed that modern certificates typically come with borders and decorative graphics. These elements contribute to the overall look and presentability of your certificate. Choose appropriate borders and elements for your certificate to achieve that formal yet stylish appeal.
4. Get the Names Right
Since certificates are given to a specific person or entity, it's important that you get their names right to avoid disappointment or embarrassment. Aside from the recipient, the names of the representatives issuing the printable certificate should also be spelled correctly.
5. Use a Special Type of Paper
Certificates are not printed on any regular paper, a special type of stationery is used for printing them. You can either use parchment paper or linen paper, just make sure to invest in high-quality one to bring out the best features of your certificate of excellence.
What is a certificate of excellence?
A certificate of excellence is a tangible recognition given to students or employees who excel in their performance at school or work. It can also be a telltale sign if a company values the hard work of its employees.
What are some of the other common types of certificates?
- Certificate of achievement. This document is given to a person who has achieved a specific milestone.
- Certificate of participation. Also referred to as a certificate of attendance, this is issued to people who participated or attended a certain activity.
- Certificate of appreciation. This certificate is issued by an organization to an individual as a way for them to express gratitude for their services or contribution.
- Medical certificate. A type of certificate that is issued specifically by a physician to a patient for various purposes.
- Stock certificate. A different type of certificate that serves as evidence for the stocks or shares owned by an individual.
What are the ideal types of paper to use for printing certificates?
- Parchment paper. The best option for printing certificates because of its unique yet durable nature.
- Linen paper. This type of paper will make your certificates look expensive and more attractive.
- Granite paper. A perfect choice to achieve a heavier and smoother outcome.
What are the ideal sizes of certificates?
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- 8.5 x 14 inches
- 11 x 14 inches
- 11 x 17 inches
However, you may decide on a different size if the ones listed do not meet your standards.
What is the difference between an award and a reward?
An award is given to a person with exemplary performance in an establishment or a particular field. A reward, on the other hand, is something that is given to a person for his or her actions. While the former typically takes the form of a document, the latter can either be in money or in-kind.