How to Design a Church Organizational Chart in Google Docs
According to Fr. David Meconi in his book, 101 Surprising Facts About Church History, he believes that the Catholic Church is the best promoter of knowledge and culture. If you’re active in church and you need to build a chart to represent its structure, our guidelines below will offer you the help you need.
1. Familiarize the Church’s Organizational Structure
An organizational chart is basically an illustrated version of the organization’s structure. How will you be able to make one if you’re not familiar with the church’s structure? Know the different positions of the church ministry as well as the affiliated nonprofit and church organizations.
2. Get Acquainted with the Important People
After getting to know the church’s structure, it’s time to get acquainted with the people. Nope, we’re not just referring to the priests, pastors, or rabbis, we’re talking about all the important people. These include the members of the board, committees, and others. Get their names as well as their positions.
3. Choose a Suitable Type of Organizational Chart
Organizational charts come in different types. These depend on both the structure of the organization and personal preference. Which type of organizational chart best suits the church hierarchy? To learn more about these types, scroll down to the FAQ section below.
4. Ensure Uniformity or Consistency in the Elements
When adding elements onto your organizational chart, make sure that they’re consistent in size, shape, and color. Only make these traits distinguishable when necessary. This will not only help make the content easy to follow, but it will make your organizational chart look professional.
5. Maximize Your Use of Google Docs’ Features
Let’s face it, Google Docs is not 100% like other word processors, but it has all the modern features you need to make an organizational chart. Take advantage of all these features to help you make an impressive and informative church organizational church.
What is a church organizational church?
A church organizational chart is a graphical representation of the church’s organizational structure. This chart includes the priests or pastors, the people working within the church, and the volunteers from different religious organizations.
What are the types of organizational charts?
- Functional organizational chart.
- Divisional organizational chart.
- Matrix organizational chart.
- Flat organizational chart.
What are some of the major denominations of Christianity?
- Catholic Church (founded in the Western Roman Empire in 1054 AD).
- Orthodox Church (founded in the Eastern Roman Empire in 1054 AD).
- Lutheran Church (founded in Germany in 1530 AD).
- Presbyterian Church (founded during Switzerland and Scotland’s reformation in 1520 AD).
- Anglican Church (founded in England in 1787 AD).
- Methodist Church (founded in England in 1534 AD).
What are the elements of an organizational chart?
- Rectangles or boxes - These elements represent people.
- Solid lines - These represent the relationship between positions.
- Broken lines - These lines represent indirect relationships.
- Divided rectangles - Elements that represent dual responsibilities.
Why are organizational charts important?
- Organizational charts provide people with a reference to those who are part of the organization.
- Organizational charts serve as a directory to provide people with information such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- Organizational charts help the organization in developing and strengthening key areas of its structure.