What Is a Cleaner Job Description?
A cleaner job description is a document that agencies, corporate industries, and organizations use for hiring a cleaning professional. This document highlights all job hiring information in order to attract job seekers.
How to Create a Cleaner Job Description
According to Statista, the US has over 2 million cleaning specialists in May 2019. That number alone shows how big this job is. If you need to hire one, be sure to have the appropriate job description ready. Refer to the guidelines below to help yourself out.
1. Understand Deeply the Cleaner Position
Many hiring managers tend to throw out job ads without thoroughly understanding the position. This results in unreasonable requirements as well as responsibilities that go beyond the position. The best way to prevent this is by familiarizing the role and gathering details from the corresponding heads or supervisors.
2. Elaborate on the Job Title and Work Environment
In general, a cleaner can mean someone who performs cleaning services. Unless you’re looking for someone to do all cleaning jobs, you must specify the title and environment. Write if you’re hiring a house cleaner, a building janitor, or a room attendant. This will make it clearer for job seekers to determine if the job or environment suits them.
3. Compose a Comprehensive and Straightforward Job Summary
Every job description should start with a summary of the role. This paragraph contains an overview of the job’s responsibilities, the skills required, and other important details. Keep this section short, but also make it informative enough for the prospective employee.
4. Enumerate the Duties and Responsibilities of the Cleaner
The remaining sections of your job description will elaborate further on the details mentioned in your summary. Starting with the functions of the cleaner, enumerate the duties and responsibilities through a list. These include housekeeping, maintenance, and laundry, among others.
5. Identify the Skills and Qualifications Required
Aside from the list of responsibilities, your job description should also specify the skills and key competencies. A competent cleaner should be time-conscious, honest, independent, and have initiative. For more information about requirements, refer to the FAQ section below.
What is the purpose of job descriptions?
Job descriptions provide aspirants or prospects with an outline of the role and requirements. These help aspirants determine if the specifications indicated suit their knowledge and skills they possess. On the side of the employer, job descriptions can also be used as the basis for the employee’s training.
What are the elements of a job description?
- Job title and pay grade.
- Job summary.
- List of duties and responsibilities.
- List of soft and hard skills.
- List of qualifications.
- List of benefits and perks.
What are the qualifications of a cleaner?
- Capable of working individually or with a team.
- Can manage time and resources effectively.
- Adaptable to different cleaning schedules and venues.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Observes safety precautions when handling chemicals.
What are the responsibilities of a cleaner?
- Thoroughly inspects the area to determine the extent of cleaning to be done.
- Performs cleaning activities while following the company’s standard protocols.
- Informs the management in case there are areas that need fixing.
Why is having a clean environment important?
- It keeps the area free from any allergens.
- It is pleasing and healthy to look at.
- It promotes safety and prevents injuries from tripping over objects.
- It is conducive for rest and relaxation.