How to Create Housekeeping Job Description in Google Docs
Looking for potential candidates to fit the role of any housekeeping job level may be challenging. That's why you have to construct a job description that best describes the said position. The employment growth of janitors and building cleaners is predicted to escalate by 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
It's no secret that the said services are in demand, seeing as they aid the needs of many people with a hectic work schedule. To help you in your job posting, we have provided tips below in terms of creating a Housekeeping Job Description in Google Docs.
1. Be Particular of the Job Title
Complete your organizational structure by being more particular on the job title. Specify if your organization needs hospital housekeeping staff, nanny housekeeper, room attendant, supervisor, janitor, or housekeeping manager. Doing so will give ideas to the potential candidates to fill in the vacant position.
2. Insert a Captivating Job Overview
Indicate an enthralling job summary and overview of the nature, culture, and functions of the company. Specify your expectations from the employee's position, while including a synopsis of minor and major purposes of their position. This section will also help you convince those qualified candidates to work with you.
3. Emphasize Appropriately the Tasks and Responsibilities
Create an outline to emphasize the roles and responsibilities of the housekeeping position based on the entry level. List them down succinctly and make sure that everything is all appropriate. Justify any errors and typos to keep it readable and understandable.
4. Enumerate the Required Skills and Qualifications
Enumerate all the skills and qualifications that are being required for the job position. Indicate the preferred education attainment, technical expertise, past work experiences, credentials, or certifications. It will lead the potential candidates to decide if they will apply or not.
What Are the Essential Hotel Housekeeper Responsibilities?
A hotel housekeeper is the one who is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of rooms, hallways, and other areas of a hotel. Usually, they entail in making beds, vacuuming carpets, replacing used towels with fresh ones, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, and ensuring new toiletries are provided.
What Are the Essential Skills Any Housekeeper Must Possess?
- Must possess pride in work, patience, and capable of pointing out his/her own mistake
- Good communication skills and cleanliness
- Trustworthy, reliable, and discreet
- Skillful and knowledgeable in housekeeping
- Hardworking, well organized, and good at planning
- Keen to details, knows proper hygiene, and has good time management and organizational skills
- A team player and willing to work under pressure
What Are the Qualifications of a Housekeeper?
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Knowledgeable in several types of cleaning appliances, how they function, and the proper use of the cleaning agents
- Attention to detail
- With physical strength and good stamina to work extended hours
What Personal Qualities Should a Great Housekeeper Have?
How Many Rooms Should a Hotel Housekeeper Clean Every Day?
The average number of rooms that the housekeepers will clean every day would take 13 to 15 rooms, or even higher than that. During their 8-hour shift, they are expected to clean them all.