Choose All In One Plan for Templates, Designs, Documents, Forms, Editors, Applications
Excellent Value for money Product, saves lot of time
Billed Annually $48
In the hospitality industry, housekeeping operations are a very important function of a hotel, as its success is tied to the cleanliness of its rooms. But take note that it's not just hotels, but also offices, commercial buildings, and even homes that rely on housekeeping in maintaining their environment clean and pleasant. Are you in need of housekeepers? If the answer is yes, then you've come to the right place. Our website offers ready-made, and high-quality Housekeeping Job Description Templates in Word that will surely attract the most qualified individuals. And, you can get these in A4 and US Letter sizes. So, click that download button now to hire the best people today!
Housekeepers maintain households or commercial establishments clean and pleasant. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, maids and housekeeping cleaners earn an average of 11.84 dollars per hour and 24,630 dollars per year. As hotels continue to rise in number, there is a high demand for housekeepers as well. For someone who wishes to hire the best people in their housekeeping department, then a good job description is the answer.
Follow the guide below to create a good job description for your housekeeping position in Word.
To supply the right information about the position, you'll need to interview your employees to know how tasks must be performed and observe your employees on how they perform the tasks. Through job analysis, you'll be able to identify the knowledge, skills, experience, abilities, credentials, and physical attributes needed for the position.
After making the qualifications and skills, define the job's daily functions. Meaning, determine and list down how the individual must perform the job daily. For instance, a few of the functions of a housekeeping supervisor position can be "Assign housekeeping staff to guestrooms and common areas." and "Inspect guestrooms and common areas.".
For every company, all job descriptions must be standardized, so they all look the same. It may start with the job title, followed by a summary or objectives of the job, the expected salary, competency, tasks and responsibilities, number of work hours required, then the education and experiences.
Once you're done creating your job description, have it reviewed by the upper management and the housekeeping supervisor for validation. And after its approval, secure both printed and digital copy so you can use it for job postings, interviews, and more.
A hotel housekeeper is responsible for:
1. Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floors of guestrooms and common areas.
2. Making beds and cleaning the bathroom.
3. Taking away dirty towels, bedsheets, blankets, comforters, pillowcases, trash, and room service items.
4. Replacing used amenities in guestrooms with new ones.
5. Checking room appliances if it's working.
6. Assisting guests.
A good housekeeper is:
Housekeeping is a department that manages and performs cleaning and maintenance tasks. A housekeeper, on the other hand, is an individual who is hired to clean and maintain cleanliness within a home, office, or commercial establishment.
There are two types of housekeeping:
1. Institutional Housekeeping. This means housekeeping maintenance for commercial establishments such as hotels, motels, inns, apartelle, and resorts.
2. Domestic Housekeeping. This means housekeeping maintenance for houses.
A housekeeping job description template is a ready-made document that contains sample details of the tasks, duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of a position.
To use a Housekeeping Job Description Template in MS Word:
1. Open MS Word, click File then Open.
2. Double-click Computer or This PC.
3. Look for the template you wish to use in Custom Office Templates under My Documents.
4. Select the template file, and click the Open button or press Enter on your keyboard to open it.