What Is a Plan Mind Map?
A plan mind map is a specific type of informative diagram used to represent ideas for a plan. According to the website, Mindmeister, it is an invaluable tool for planning projects. Whether the project is for personal or marketing purposes, plan mind maps are perfect for structuring and organizing data.
How to Make a Plan Mind Map
Since plan mind maps are indeed reliable for structuring project-related information, here are guidelines to help you make one.
1. Identify the Purpose of the Project
The first step in every project is determining what it's for and why it’s important. By identifying the purpose of your project, you'll know what information to include and how to connect them. So, if your project involves company growth, identify how it will benefit your business in the future.
2. Take Note of All the Necessary Data
After determining the purpose of the project, identify the data to include in the mind map. The best way to do it is by making a checklist of the details. By doing so, you'll know what details to include and keep yourself from repeating it in the mind map.
3. Set the Layout of the Mind Map
Once you've prepared the necessary details, create an outline of the mind map. The most common layout involves a central element surrounded by multiple branches. And by using different colors and shapes, you'll find it much easier to distinguish the data.
4. Input and Connect the Data
Last but not least, input the data. Start by writing the main idea and place it inside the middle element. This forces the reader to focus most of their attention on where it needs to be. Just like a family tree, input the data inside the branches and connect them to the central idea.
What are mind maps used for?
Mind maps are used for generating new ideas, recalling information, and analyzing data. Moreover, people rely on mind maps to create plans, solve problems, and stimulate their creativity.
What are the contents of a mind map?
- The main idea or subject.
- The main themes branching out from the main idea.
- The secondary ideas or subjects that support the main idea.
- Other supporting information to describe the branches.
What is the difference between a mind map and a concept map?
While both mind maps and concept maps are diagrams to represent information through shapes and lines, there are differences between the two. Mind maps are for coming up with and exploring different ideas, while concept maps are for organizing and analyzing problems. Another difference is that while mind maps are for creative thinking, concept maps are for generating solutions and action plans.
What are the common types of mind maps?
- Planning mind maps - A type of mind map used to illustrate action plans and sub-action plans.
- Presentation mind maps - A mind map used to present the flow of ideas and track the steps related to each idea.
- Library mind maps - Also known as reference maps, this type is used to organize information in a tree-like structure.
Do plan mind maps work?
Yes. Plan mind maps work because aside from representing data visually, they help in recalling information. The process of creating mind maps alone is enough to store information in your head and keep it there.