How to Create a Programmer Job Description in Google Docs
There is a particular job description assigned for each position in the company. Before you begin reviewing resumes during your recruitment period, you always go back to the job description as a basis of whether your candidate is qualified for the position or not. Furthermore, according to thebalancecareer, a job description spells out the responsibilities assigned for a specific job, making it easier for the management to track and evaluate the performance of their employees. To know more about how to make a job description for a programmer, here are a few tips listed below.
1. Perform a Job Analysis in Your Company
Your company requires meticulous and highly-skilled computer programmers to do the task efficiently within the designated deadlines. To do this, your company should perform a job analysis on the abilities, qualifications, and credentials you wish your programmers possess.
2. Determine the Skills and Functions Required
Ideally, Your programmer should be able to provide the necessary IT support for your company. This includes coding, debugging, and troubleshooting system issues in your computers and operating systems. Indicate the roles and responsibilities of your programmer and make a job summary in your job description.
3. Organize Your Data
Organize the data of your job description. See to it that the content contains essential topics that make up a professionally-written job description. Keep in mind to list your programmer's job title, salary grade, job summary, and its primary functions as well as its working environment.
4. Review and Finalize Your Document
Now that everything is in place get ready to review your document. Check for any loopholes and provide the necessary corrective actions for it. Finalize your job description, then present it to your hr executive for approval.
What is a programmer job description?
1. Performs necessary coding and debugging
2. Troubleshoots system errors
3. Designs and test computer structures
4. Profile and analyze algorithms
5. Manage database systems
6. Maintains operating systems
7. Implement build systems
8. Edit source-code
9. Create simplified computer instructions
10.Deliver technical support to the group
What skills are needed to be a computer programmer?
1. Ability to learn concepts and apply them to other problems
2. Basic mathematical and logical skills
3. Good communication and writing skills
4. Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
5. Resourcefulness to solve an issue
6. Basic knowledge in Java, C++, SQL, and HTML
7. Deadline driven
What does a programmer do on a daily basis?
1. Writing and testing codes for new and updated computer programs
2. Identifying and troubleshoots codding errors
3. Rewriting computer programs for different operating systems
4. Installing and updating existing programs for the client
5. Securing applications and data from cyber threats
What are the types of programmers?
1. System Programmers - they install, customize, maintain, and upgrade operating systems for the client.
2. Web Programmers - they develop WorldWideWeb applications as well as applications that run over HTTP, CCS, and HTML from a web browser.
3. Game Programmers - they develop codebases for video games and other related software like game development tools.
4. Application Programmers - they design and test program logic, code programs, perform program documentation, and prepare programs for the computer operations.
What is the difference between coding and programming?
Coding is a less intimidating process of creating code and translating it from one language to another for a program, mostly implementing the initial steps of programming. Programming, on the other hand, is a complex process of analyzing and developing an executable machine level program, wherein the human input and machine output remain in sync to produce proper results to the end-user.