What Is a Sales Gantt Chart?
A sales Gantt chart is a graphical representation of a schedule and various sales activities. These activities involve product launch and presentation, and all promotional campaigns to promote product sales.
How to Design a Sales Gantt Chart
According to an article by Andrew Thomas, quality content marketing and excellent customer service will help you boost sales. However, you shouldn’t forget about managing your time. Below are guidelines to help you design a Gantt chart for effective time and project management.
1. Choose a Suitable Software Application
You can make Gantt charts using any software application you like. If you do have a preference, make sure that it allows you to fully design and customize your Gantt chart. For most people, they prefer to use Microsoft Excel because it already comes with cells for the data.
2. Start Laying Out the Activities Involved
Gantt charts are all about the strategic planning of tasks and then laying them out on a timeline. Before dwelling into the project schedule, focus first on making a list of activities or tasks. Identify the “what” of the sales process before proceeding to the “when.”
3. Write a Timeline of Dates above the Chart
After making the list of activities, you can start creating the timeline. Be sure to know when the whole sales campaign will start and end so you can specify both points with their corresponding dates. Depending on how much time you have, you can also divide the entire timeline into equal parts and then put dates on them as well.
4. Add Progress Bars to Represent Each Activity
The addition of progress bars is what makes Gantt charts distinguishable from generic schedulers or reminders. These simple enhancements, with the help of the timeline, signify how long each activity will last. Also, these will help add visual appeal to even the most basic diagrams.
5. Indicate Milestones to Highlight Important Events
Another bonus feature that can make your sales Gantt chart more effective is by adding milestones. By definition, these are important events wherein significant changes or achievements occurred. When writing milestones, don’t forget to specify its dates.
What are the advantages of using a Gantt chart?
- Scheduling of tasks and activities are made easier.
- It gets the team coordinated despite having different responsibilities.
- It makes the project progress more measurable.
Who and when was the Gantt chart created?
Henry L. Gantt is the person responsible for creating the Gantt chart. He created this diagram in 1917 to help construction firms see the progress of their projects.
What are some examples of effective sales strategies?
- Understanding well the current generation.
- Going for multiple channels when doing sales and marketing campaigns.
- Keeping yourself updated with the recent trends.
How can a business boost their sales?
- Conduct promos on a regular basis.
- Gather feedback and suggestions from consumers.
- Take advantage of social media marketing.
- Create deals and product bundles.
What is the difference between marketing and sales?
While both terms go hand in hand, marketing refers to the activity of attracting the public to check out your products and services. Sales, on the other hand, refers to the activity of actually convincing the customer to avail of your products and services.