How to Make a School Calendar in Pages
Keeping a school calendar has a lot of advantages. For one, it helps you keep track of your schedules, holidays, and extracurricular activities at school. According to theatlantic, with students spending most of their time at school all year round, it is the responsibility of the schools to keep them safe and well-educated while pursuing their passions in life. If you are interested in making a school calendar for your academic year, feel free to read our tips below.
1. Plan Out the Upcoming Events for Your School Year
Tons of school activities and events happen almost every month. Some of these extracurricular activities include club events, academic contests, inter-school tournaments, cultural exhibitions, and theatrical plays. Collaborate with your faculties and plan out your school calendar.
2. Organize When Each Activity Takes Place During the Year
Your calendar does not only tell dates and months, but it can also serve as your planner. Finalize everything with your teachers, staff, and administration. Then, Organize the flow of your activities and when each of them takes place.
3. Add the Months, Weeks, and Days of Your Calendar
Next, add the months, weeks, days, and the school year of your calendar. Make sure the months are complete and contain the correct number of days. Then, note down your finalized activities in your school calendar.
4. Customize and Design Your School Calendar
Lastly, it's nice to have an organized calendar, but it's better to have it decorated with a professional design to keep you motivated. Once you have, your school calendar is good to go.
What is a school calendar?
A school calendar details information on regular holidays and other upcoming events that are relevant to a particular school. Like a standard calendar, it is composed of days, months, and a year.
How can I make a calendar?
1. Choose a paper you wish to print your calendar
2. Add the months, weeks, and days of your calendar
3. Determine all the holidays and important events for the entire year
4. Provide a space for your notes area
5. Customize and design your calendar
6. Review, finalize, and print your calendar
What is the importance of a school calendar?
1. Organizes the events and activities for the entire school year.
2. Keeps track of the holidays and other school activities for the whole school year.
3. Help teachers and other staffs plan and organize ahead.
4. Informs students on upcoming school activities.
How many months are there in a school term?
Traditionally, a school term in the U.S. begins in early September until the end of May, which is roughly nine months. However, in the more recent decades, the school term is moved from September to August and from May to June, leaving students to attend a ten-month school term. Regardless, they are expected to have the same 180 classroom days as it was in the past and are required to extend the term when classes are missed or interrupted due to circumstances.
Why do we need a calendar?
Calendars are essential in noting down important events and keeping track not only with the dates and months within a year but also with the upcoming events a person may have attended.