How to Create Security Officer Job Description in Google Docs
Many public or private facilities, like banks, hospitals, malls, and many others, would need the presence of armed security officers in their establishment. We're all aware that their job is to secure and ensure the safety and protection of the company's associated properties, employees, and visitors against any threat or danger. It's one of the many reasons why you need to hire the most qualified candidates to fill in the position.
From 2018 to 2028, the overall employment of security guards and surveillance officers is expected to increase by 4 percent. The total job opportunities, especially security guards, must be very excellent, according to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics. Be more descriptive by creating a Security Officer Job Description in Google Docs with our tips below.
1. Point Out the Specific Job Title
There are several levels of security guards, and you must able to point out the specific job title beforehand. Indicate if you're looking for a security supervisor, professional transportation security, police officer, concierge officer, or civil officer. Being particular will help you attract the right and potential candidates to complete your organization.
2. Make a Good Job Summary
Excellent job summary means you must provide an overview detail about your company's culture, nature, and how it operates. Declare your expectations from the employee's designated position. And pinpoint who the job reports to whom to be more specified with everything.
3. Itemize the Duties and Responsibilities
This part somewhat plays a crucial role in your entire job description. Be sure to create an outline that best describes the overall duties and responsibilities of security guards. Justify any typos and errors to deliver a clear message to your potential candidates.
4. Breakdown Skills and Qualifications
To complete everything, breakdown the required skills and qualifications that you were looking for. Only list down the necessary and avoid putting too many requirements. Just prioritize those that matter in the first place.
1. What are private security guards will usually do?
1. Perform rounds to inspect doors and other accessible areas.
2. Won't allow unauthorized people to go entry.
3. Identify any potential threats and able to monitor CCTV feeds.
4. Allow authorized people to enter.
5. Investigate and detain people who have the guts to enter the private property without any authorization.
6. Alert the police immediately.
2. How to define a security officer?
A security officer is also known as a security guard who is being tasked to guard, patrol, and protect homes and businesses' property to crime, vandalism, or theft from any dangerous people. They usually work closely with law enforcement to maintain peace and report unlawful activity.
3. What are the different levels of a security guard?
Unarmed Security Guards
1. Security Guard
3. Unarmed Security Officer
Armed Security Guard
1. Armed Security Officer
2. Public Safety Officer
3. Senior Security Officer
7. Captain or Director
8. Major, Lieutenant Commander, or Deputy Chief
9. Commander or Chief
4. What are the four different types of security guards?
1. Residential Security Guards
2. Commercial Security Guards
3. Retail Security Guards
4. Armed Security Guards
5. What makes a security guard job a good career?
1. A wonderful life experience
2. With a sense of great teamwork and self-government as well.
3. Crisis Intervention Training
4. Improves the way you deal with people.
5. Variety of jobs within the field.
6. Elevate your skills of observation.
7. Good source of a part-time job.
8. Rotating shifting schedule.
9. High chance of being employed across multiple industries.
10. The rewarding feeling of securing people's safety.