Competition in the world of business is getting tougher every year. With hundreds of different competitors, standing out is a must. But with the advancement of technology growing more and more, companies are finding more and more ways to reach out to the market. So what are one of the most effective methods in advertising your company? Billboards.
Billboards are a great method of advertising since most of the public’s everyday lives are spent on the road going to where they need to go. But what are the things to consider in making ads like this?
To learn more about the advertising billboard mock-ups on our website, read on.
Outdoor Advertising Billboard Mock-up
Advertising Company Billboard Mock-up
Advertising Display Billboard Mock-up
Advertising Agency Billboard Mock-up
Digital Advertising Billboard Mock-up
The Rules on the Road with Billboard Advertising
- The most important rule is the number of words you put on the ad. It should not have more than seven words. This may seem like a small amount, but it is actually quite hard for a driver to read much more. Even if the driver is at a stoplight.
- Never add images that are irrelevant to the ad. Nothing disinterests the audience more than images that have no real importance with what the ad is trying to deliver.
- Do not overexaggerate the colors of your ad. Don’t get us wrong, colors are an important factor, but sadly, a lot are incorrectly used. Ads get attention because they have been properly thought out and designed well, not because they use bright, eccentric colors. In fact, crazy colors can affect the quality of the ad. Keep it clean and simple.
- Do not add more than one contact information. If your ad includes a contact number, address, or website then you would have placed too much. Realistically, if your ad has been well designed and thought through, then people would seek out your business.
- Do not use overly exaggerated effects. One of the main examples are starbursts. These effects make your ad look cheap. If you’re trying to get your message across through a starburst or an effect, just make it your ad’s main message.
Looking for more Advertising Mock-ups? Check them out on our website.
Street Advertising Billboard Mock-up
Photorealistc Advertising Billboard Mock-up
Advertising Blank Billboard Mock-up
Creative Advertising Billboard Mock-up
- Avoid using system fonts. It makes your ad look generic and that can affect the image of your company and brand. Use fonts with personality. Try fonts that are not found in your computer. Explore and experiment. It will add some creativity to your ad.
- Avoid including an action call to your ad. Examples of this are the terms Call now! or Buy now! This makes the audience less interested in getting to know about your brand more. By achieving a connection to the audience through your ad, this creates an emotional response. The people will make the actions instead of you telling them to.
- Do not copy other national advertising campaigns. A great example of this was the California Milk Processors Board’s “Got Milk?” campaign. If you plan to copy it and use it on your ad, it’s a bad idea. It may catch attention for a while, but people will quickly forget about it and this is not a good way to build your brand.
We hope this article has helped you in what you were looking for. If you want to browse more mock-ups, you can check out this collection of Poster Mock-ups on our website.