Newspapers have been around in the late 1400s in Germany. At that time, newspapers started out as news pamphlets with highly fabricated content. In the seventeenth century, newspapers were circulated, and the first American newspaper was released in 1690. The British Gazette and Sunday Monitor were the first Sunday paper published in 1780. Newspapers were made more common in the nineteenth century and the New York Evening Graphic became the first printing press to print a photo.
Newspapers are still being read up to now, but more and more audience are looking into digital formats through PressReader and other tools to save on paper. If you are one of those that want to get your own professional layout for your newsletter or weekly publication, you can use the newspaper mockup designs our website offers.
Newspaper Ad Mock-Up
Vintage Newspaper Mock-Up
Newspaper Advert Mock-Up
You can use our newspaper ad mock-ups to present your idea to your editor-in-chief and modify it with your own design for posting on social media and get followers excited for your new publication. You can get design inspiration from these top newspapers according to the Society for News Design:
- National Post (Canada). The National Post has a narrow page width with visually appealing photos and text similar to a storybook.
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (Germany). Frankfurter has a clean column distribution and a trustworthy look.
- The Grid (Canada). The Grid touches more on engaging their readers rather than tossing much of the political coverage.
- Excélsior (Mexico). Bold colors and a collage of photos energizes the readers of the Excélsior.
- Politiken (Denmark). Elegant typography and a distinctive look defines Politiken from the rest.
What We Offer
Newspaper layout functions to sell and rank news and ultimately guide the reader from start to finish. Our newspaper mock-ups give you layout formats that enhance reader experience. We’ve also highlighted parts of the newspaper layout that would be a perfect mock-up for your publication. Here are some of the templates we included in this list:
- Newspaper Ad Mock-Up. Showing ad spaces to potential advertisers? Use this mock-up and replace their own ad here.
- Newspaper Advert Mock-Up. Is your layout using digital print? This mock-up is similar to what you need.
- Old Newspaper Mock-Up. A classic black-and-white newspaper with fine newsprint? This traditional mock-up will work well for you.
- Newspaper Magazine Mock-Up. Want a lifestyle cover page? This newspaper magazine mock-up will showcase your cover favorably.
Free Newspaper Mockup PSD
Old Newspaper Mockup
Newspaper Display Mockup
Newspaper Cover Mockup
Newspaper Magazine Mockup
Advertising in Print
One of the mock-ups we offer, offer newspaper advertising mock-ups. Approximately 25 percent of newspaper revenue comes from digital advertising according to Pew Research Center.
There are also some advantages associated to newspaper advertising that you can tell your clients.
Studies show that 7 out of 10 adults read the newspaper every week, and they have the luxury of reading it on their smartphone, tablet, or with their daily paper delivered at their doorstep.
Communication should be two-way, and having a story behind the print ad helps the reader connect to the brand and its products or services.
Newspaper are not just targeted at one specific market; it depends heavily on their circulation. And with the presence of digital technology nowadays, news ads are delivered straight to their smartphones.
The influx of information all over the world have been well distributed by newspapers with the aid of online platforms that perform tasks such as
- Reader subscriptions. You can easily manage reader subscriptions using CRM tools like Mailchimp and Infusionsoft and send your weekly newsletters.
- Market analytics. With Google, you can easily know how many visitors you have on your site, which pages have the longest views, and stories that have many shares or likes.
- Newspaper management. Have a variety of publications for a different niche? Newspaper management platforms like Fliphtml5 and Issuu will publish your newspaper directly to their site and make it visible to their wide range of readers.
Check out more posts from our website for more mock-up designs.