A poster refers to any piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall or a vertical surface. Posters may consist of graphical images, texts, or both text and images. The evolution of posters was closely related to the development of the printmaking processes, which are strongly influenced by photographic and software techniques. While posters are used for traditional advertising in the early days, they are now used as information materials for various purposes in different occasions.
On this page, we have gathered a collection of Outdoor Poster Mock-ups for anyone to download and use in their your poster projects. Most of the mock-ups below can be downloaded for free but you may have to check on the designer’s restrictions for commercial use. While you’re here, you may also want to check out our collection of Advertising Mock-ups for more inspirational and exciting ideas!
City Outdoor Poster Mock-up
Outdoor Advertising Poster Mock-up
Outdoor Advertising Animated Poster Mock-up
Free PSD Outdoor Poster Mock-up
Photorealistic Outdoor Poster Mockup
Types of Posters
Posters are commonly used for advertising or marketing products and services. They are still used for this purpose nowadays, but we also saw a popularity of different uses. These uses then generate these types of poster designs, just like the Poster Mock-ups you see on this page.
- Propaganda and political posters. We see these types of posters during elections as campaign materials. They were also used during war times for recruitment and propaganda purposes.
- Movie and theater posters. Because of its vibrant colors and interesting images, the film and theater industries used posters to attract interest from audiences and sell their pictures.
- Travel posters. You can often see these posters on stations and airports when you’re traveling. Travel posters are used to propose and promote travel or tourist destinations.
- Event posters. These types of posters are placed in and around the venue to advertise events, such as a forthcoming match of a sports event or music concert along with its date and ticket prices.
Outdoor Theatre Advertising Poster Mock-up
City Billboard Outdoor Poster Mock-up
Outdoor Billboard Poster Mock-up
Outdoor Poster Design Mock-up
Vertical Outdoor Poster Mock-up
The Advantages of Using Posters
Posters give you a logical and practical way to communicate any product or services as well as events to its particular target market. Other advantages of using posters are presented below:
- Active response. When placed at the right and appropriate location, posters actively engage its viewers whether they are sitting at a bus stop or standing in line while paying for some groceries.
- Encourage visibility. For businesses, hanging multiple posters in different locations and lining them up on streets and subways can definitely improve your brand’s visibility.
- Tangible. Unlike electronic advertisements, posters provide something that is tangible in nature. Being able to physically hold a piece of paper is already halfway to getting your message across.
- Flexible. Unlike other forms of advertisements, posters are great in terms of flexibility as they can be placed at strategic locations and situated anywhere that can be seen by almost anyone.
- Cost-effective. Using the poster mock-ups on this page is another way to save more as you don’t need a copywriter and graphic designer to create the poster you want.
While you are here, why don’t you check out our compilation of Billboard Mock-ups as well?