Since the rise of the grunge concept in the early nineties, the era has been dominated by this aesthetic in terms of music and fashion as well as any aspect of design that is related to the previous two. Although this word has a negative meaning, it has a great influence on visual and graphic design. As a counterpart to the glossy and shiny look; a dirty look with irregular, nasty, and ugly visual elements are available to create some unconventional design approaches when needed.
So, if you’re looking for grunge themes to incorporate in your creative projects, feel free to browse our compilation of grunge aftereffects templates and other aftereffects lower third templates on this website.
Grunge Frames Aftereffects Template
Grunge Slide Aftereffects Template
Grunge Presentation Aftereffects Template
Film Grunge Aftereffects Template
Grunge Text Aftereffects Template
The Influence of Grunge
Grunge has affected a lot of different aspects and created associations that show common characteristics and makes anything with this concept considered such.
- Music. Grunge was made cool through music. Incorporating elements of punk rock and heavy metal and with lyrics that are filled with teenage angst, young adults found a way to express the turbulence of their emotions that are typical for anyone at this age.
- Fashion. Derived directly from the type of music mentioned above, this style was simultaneously born and is similarly characterized by people taking as little effort as possible on appearance and wear random clothing deliberately as they dress for comfort and affordability.
- Ethics. As people from the grunge movement strive to never follow trends, they also reject the notion that one must always buy the things they want or need from others. The kind of lifestyle they live is about depending on things that are already there and making use of them.
- Attitude. Just like the meaning of the word, people or things that are described as grunge has an unkempt and disorderly quality. People usually act like they don’t care and have negative outlooks in life, in an attempt to portray apathy and underachievement.
If these are the characteristics you want to express as an artist, then the templates on this page will help you communicate the right feel of any design. Also, check out other After Effects Free Templates on this website if this is not what you’re looking for.
Heavy Grunge Aftereffects Template
Grunge Animation Aftereffects Template
Grunge Brushes Aftereffects Template
Grunge Promo Aftereffects Template
Grunge Filter Aftereffects Template
The Use of the Grunge Aesthetics
- It creates an organic and realistic look. Because it looks untidy and often dirty, it gives designs a raw texture like that of wood, paper or metal, which provides more options in designing stuff associated with these objects.
- It provides an unpolished finish. Grunge patterns are perfect to use for designs that require a rough finish. Whether it’s a band gig poster or an organic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished and often boring designs.
- It gives you more freedom. You usually get a uniform and rigid design for patterns, but with the grunge look, you can get both strong and subtle effects in one which eliminates the restrictions you usually have with patterns.
- It allows more elaborate designs. With the distressed and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
For your other creative tasks, you may also want to see our aftereffect templates for YouTube.