10+ Snapchat Filters Templates in PSD
Social media marketing can be a tough nut to crack especially if you do not devote enough time to first learn how advertising works in different SNS platforms. That is why, for entrepreneurs and marketers who want to bring their A-game in Snapchat advertising, you need to learn the nitty-gritty of this messaging and photo/video-sharing tool.
And in this article, we will help you do just that. This article is a treasure trove of tips on how to get started on Snapchat advertising right. We also share numerous examples of Snapchat geofilters that anyone may use for personal or business purposes.
Elements of a Good Snapchat Filter Template
A Snapchat geofilter is any well-designed overlay for photos or videos that are only available in a specific location. They can be likened to digital image stickers, photo frames, and other graphics that help make a photo or short video more memorable and fun. Individuals, businesses, and organizations can use them to promote an event, location, product, service, or anything under the sun (of course as long as they are legal).
But before you could create these filters, it is important to orient yourself with the core design elements that embodies a compelling Snapchat filter design. Knowing these elements will help you create the most compelling and creative Snapchat geofilters for yourself or for your brand.
1. Typography: The lettering style or typeface choices you make can greatly affect the overall look and appeal of your Snapchat filter. Use typefaces that coincide with the purpose and theme of the filter you are creating. For example, if you are creating a Snapchat geofilter for a garden wedding, it is best to choose font styles, font colors, and font arrangement that helps reinforce the solemnity and elegance of a garden wedding.
2. Enticing Graphics or Illustrations: Interesting graphics and other design elements are essential parts of any Snapchat geofilter. When incorporating them into your own filter design, make sure that you choose high-quality and high-resolution images or illustrations. Also, make it a point to use graphics that ties into the type of event, product, or thing you are creating a geofilter for. For example, if you are making a kiddie party Snapchat geofilter, using toys, cartoons, and other colorful design elements on the geofilter will work well.
3. Appropriate Filter File Size: One important criterion when creating Snapchat geofilters is that these custom geofilters should follow Snapchat’s requirements. The most important ones are the filter dimensions (1080 px wide by 1920 px high), the filter file size (under 300 KB), and the filter file type (saved as a .PNG file with a transparent background). Make sure that the filter you are creating or the geofilter template you are downloading follows this dimensions or you risk having your geofilter designs unapproved.
4. Follows Snapchat Filter Guidelines: Snapchat has created a set of rules that users need to follow when they create and submit their own personal or business Snapchat geofilters. Among them is to only use logos and brands that companies actually own; to set up geofences consciously; and to avoid adding URLs, email addresses, and other personal information on the geofilter. Posting geofilters that show violence, abuse, drugs, or even photos of other people are not authorized. So before you create your own Snapchat geofilters, make sure that you have thoroughly read Snapchat’s terms and/or guidelines and then make sure that you follow them to the letter.
5. Visual Hierarchy: Another important design element that helps make a good geofilter is its layout or visual hierarchy. This refers to the arrangement of all the design and text elements used in your filter design. To achieve a good visual hierarchy on your Snapchat geofilters, make sure that you only use the top or bottom 25% of your display screen. This allows more room for anyone who uses your Snapchat filter to add their own images or content to the Snapchat filter. There are other ways to achieve an organized Snaphat filter design. Practice repeatedly until you know what works for you and the type of filter you want to create.
Those are the top elements that anyone who is interested in creating high-impact Snapchat filter designs should know. Study these elements and keep on practicing how you want to apply these features into your own geofilter designs.
10+ Snapchat Filter Templates in PSD
Embedded below are multiple Snapchat filter templates in PSD file format. Browse through them and be inspired into developing your own Snapchat geofilters using any of these customizable templates.
Baby Shower Snapchat Geofilters Template
Bachelorette Snapchat Geofilters Sample
Baptism Snapchat Geofilters Template
Birthday Snapchat Geofilters Template
Bridal Shower Snapchat Geofilters Design
Christmas Snapchat Geofilters Template
Dinner Party Snapchat Geofilters
Graduation Snapchat Geofilters Template
Movie Snapchat Geofilters Example
Promotion Snapchat Geofilters Template
Restaurant Snapchat Geofilters Sample
Simple Tips For an Excellent Snapchat Filter Template
By incorporating all of the essential design elements that we have discussed at the start of this article, any Snapchat user can already begin to make good filter design. But if you want to make the most out of your time and investment in Snapchat advertising, we have compiled a few more design tips. Follow these tips and you will have an easier time creating excellent Snapchat filter designs that will give your results.
1. Keep it simple: Our first tip is, of course, to keep your filter design as simple as possible. Remember, a 1080 px wide by 1920 px high photo or video leaves little room for content and visual elements. Strip down your filter design to the most basic and most impactful. That way, you will have a better chance of creating a compelling Snapchat filter design in the long run.
2. Give value: Just like in content marketing, Snapchat marketing is best enjoyed if your pre-made filter designs give as much value to the user as possible. To illustrate, if you are creating a restaurant Snapchat geofilter, make sure that the filter design is usable by different diners and different dining occasions.
3. Add branding elements: Also, if you are creating a Snapchat geofilter for your business, it is best to add little touches of your business’ branding elements into the filter design itself. There should be fine line between self-promotion for your business and the usefulness of the filter design for its users.
4. Use a pre-made filter template: Since this article is all about pre-made Snapchat templates, we recommend that you use only pre-made Snapchat filter templates when creating your own geofilter designs. These pre-formatted designs helps you save time, money, and effort because you do not have to make the entire template design from scratch. For example, if you want to create movie Snapchat geofilters for an action flick that your advertising company is tasked to promote, you can easily use a pre-made filter template and you just have to make minor customizations to the template design.
And that’s it! We have shared the most basic design tips that will take any simple Snapchat geofilter design into something more enticing and beneficial for your brand or organization. These tips can readily be applied to whatever kind of geofilter design you want to create.
Types of Snapchat Filters
Snapchat filters may be categorized according to the type of content they contain. Listed below are the three most common types of Snapchat filters.
- Standard Snapchat Filter: Standard Snapchat filters are those come pre-loaded with the Snapchat app.
- Snapchat Geofilter: A Snapchat geofilter is a custom-made filter that can only be used within a specific area for a limited period of time. Geofilters may be created by individual users or by brands and businesses.
- Lenses: A lense is a form of filter that maps out a user’s face using 3D technology and uses these measurements to create dynamic overlays and other creative designs.
Snapchat Filter Sizes
Snapchat filters need to measure 1080 px wide by 1920 px high.
Snapchat Filter FAQs
What is a Snapchat geofilter template?
A Snapchat geofilter template is a pre-made design file that already contains all the text, images, and layout needed for a Snapchat filter. These files are usually created using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator with the final filter image being saved as a transparent PNG file.
What is the difference between a filter and a lense?
Snapchat filters and lenses both are built-in graphics overlays found on the Snapchat app. What sets them apart is the fact that filters are static overlays over an image or video. A lense, on the other hand, is created using 3D technology and are designed to change features depending on a user’s movement, action, or sound.
What is a geofence?
A geofence is an area between 20,000 square feet and 50,000,000 square feet that a user sets up for any Snapchat geofilter that he or she creates. Filters created with a geofence can only be viewed and used within that predetermined geofenced area.
Snapchat advertising is one surefire way to attract a social media-savvy demographic. And with the help of all the tips we have shared above, we hope that you (or your business) will finally take the plunge into this new advertising avenue. To stay updated with all the latest Snapchat filter template designs and other social media template designs, do not forget to sign up with our newsletter.