Senior Construction Manager Job Ad and Description TemplatePart of the Construction
Download this Senior Construction Manager Job Ad and Description Template Design in Word, Google Docs Format. Easily Editable, Printable, Downloadable.
FedEx Construction specializes in developing innovative projects in a culture of customer value and transparency. We provide better and more valuable services for our clients that range from large-scale to small-scale, commercial, and industrial construction projects.
What We Offer
We provide a motivating, collaborative, friendly, and all-inclusive working environment
that is clean, spacious, and inspires our employees to strive for excellence and innovation.
Job Role & Summary
A Senior Construction Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all the projects prior to construction commencement. The job entails calculating the costs of both personnel and equipment expenses associated with various building projects. Above all, he/she should ensure rapport with suppliers to establish a profitable negotiation for both.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the construction team in fulfilling contract requirements for projects.
- Organizes the construction operation by proper budgeting and scheduling.
- Prepares concepts for project development and estimates deliverables for preconstruction activities.
- Evaluates and produces a final assessment of the project conducive to all concerning factors such as the site and the bidding process.
- Attends and participates in meetings with other professionals to build coordination and inform with problems
- Monitors the project design and checks for changes that may affect the budget and the project flow.
- Visits the construction site and makes an itemized expense list according to what a particular project needs.
- Cooperate with owners and designers and concisely explain the cost findings in detail.
- Develops methods to track the project flow to respond to possible troubles.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers to come up with a justifiable price for both products and services
- Updates clients with preconstruction progress, which includes problems and resolutions.
- Manages the team's performance and checks if all contract requirements are obtained and legal procedures are followed.
- Reviews all invoices before submission to clients.
- Mentors junior staff to be familiar with the job's nature.
- High level of interpersonal skills in leading meetings with clients and making negotiations with outside sources such as suppliers.
- Proficient in all construction technicalities and operations.
- Ability to lead the entire preconstruction team and monitors the newly hired staff.
- Particular with details, especially in project needs and expenses.
- Oversees alternatives for unforeseen instances.
- Skilled in finding solutions for project problems and needs.
- Has knowledge and access in contract requirement compliance.
- Should be effective in both primary and complicated computer program technicalities.
- Able to create concepts for project development.
- Able to prepare project preparations for clients.
- Prompt at responding to the job's responsibilities.
- Open for a possible change of work schedules.
- Physically fit to visit construction sites and evaluates the area for the project.
- Ability to lead the team in an organized manner.
- Must obtain a bachelor's degree in construction management and engineering and other related fields.
- Exemplary analytical skills to comprehend construction projects and their other concerns.
- A minimum of 7–8 years of experience in the construction industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction management.
- Professional licenses are an edge.
- Diverse knowledge of preconstruction strategies and approaches are a plus.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism.
- Adaptability to changing work shifts if required.
- Proficient in construction technicalities and operations.
- Capable of operating cost-estimating programs beneficial in keeping documents and making reports.
- Commendable leadership and managerial skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, especially in all documents.
- Ability to produce resolutions to problems that may affect the project at any time.
- Familiarity in contract requirement compliance.
- Flexible work schedule with weekends off
- Free lunches on Fridays
- 401K upgrade options
Already a premium member? Sign in