Associate Construction Manager Job DescriptionPart of the Construction
Download this Associate Construction Manager Job Description Design in Word, Google Docs, PDF Format. Easily Editable, Printable, Downloadable.
Here at Global Forge Ltd., we have world-class products for the Automobile Sector making us one of the best automotive forging companies, progressively well-known for Innovative Engineering Solutions for Industrial Sectors.
What We Offer
We have an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit with an extensive focus on technology & value addition that fuels the growth of our employees, honoring their individual value, and increasing shareholder value.
Job Role & Summary
An Associate Construction Manager aids the construction manager in overseeing the entire construction operations of the premises. He/She must respond to the direct commands of the construction manager and contribute to the strategizing, planning, and problem-solving of the operations. The Associate Construction Manager also performs as an acting construction manager in case the official construction manager is not around or filed for a leave.
- Supervises the construction site operations, especially during the absence of the construction manager.
- Allocates sufficient resources for each section and specification of the construction operations.
- Ensures that the construction workers are following the implemented standard operating procedures and safety measures.
- Responsible for acquiring the necessary licenses and permits before construction operations begin.
- Discusses and negotiates with the contractors in arriving into terms regarding the prompt delivery of construction supplies and services.
- Gathers daily, weekly, or monthly reports regarding the status, progress, and current outcomes of the construction project.
- Coordinates with the construction manager in implementing or planning new and improved operating procedures to maximize the positive end result of the construction project.
- Meets with clients to discuss all the matters of the construction project, especially its financial aspects and the timelines for completion.
- Assumes the role of the construction manager in the absence of the actual construction manager.
- Possesses excellent negotiating skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have outstanding leadership skills.
- Has the enthusiasm to work together with a dynamic team.
- Has a knack in foreseeing possible outcomes based on observations.
- Must have superior analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Can perform with composure during crucial situations and time-pressure situations.
- Possesses above average mathematical skills.
- Proficient in operating computer-aided design (CAD) and other basic computer programs or software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be a graduate of a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or any related field.
- Preferably a master's degree holder in civil engineering and construction management.
- Must have 4–5 years of extensive experience working as a subordinate in a construction firm.
- Three years of working experience as a supervisor or team leader in a construction firm.
- Proclaimed by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI) and the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) as a certified construction manager. Not mandatorily required, but highly preferred and advantageous.
- Has a certificate of proficiency in operating computer-aided design (CAD). Not strictly required, but preferred.
- Free transport facility
- Yearly bonus based on performance
- Flexible work schedule with weekends off
- Work from home benefits
Already a premium member? Sign in