How to Make Files using PSD?
Before we start understanding how to make a file using PSD, we must know what it is. PSD is a file format for Adobe Photoshop. PSD files can be made by creating new files or saving the existing copies of image files. To make a PSD file, you need to follow these few simple steps:
Step 1: Creating PSD Files
Any version of Photoshop will support the creation of PSD files.
Step 2: Open an image file
Most Photoshop projects begin with a base image. You must go to “File > Open” and browse for an image file you wish to make changes to (e.g. .jpg, .gif, .png). Unsupported filetypes will not show in the browsing window. When you find one you like, select it and press “Open”.
- Multiple images can be opened at once by pressing CTRL+ click (? Cmd + click on Mac) and selecting multiple files in the browsing window.
- Alternatively, if you want to start a project from scratch, you can go to “File > New”.
Step 3: Add a layer to your photo.
One needs to go to the “Layer" menu and select "Add New Layer”. Layers allow one to make edits without altering the base image. One can draw on layers, add filters, and more. One can add as many separate layers as they would like to alter the photo.
- You can make a duplicate of the base background layer by right-clicking (Ctrl + click on Mac) and selecting “Duplicate Layer”. This way you can work on the photo in a duplicate while preserving the base image in its own background layer.
Step 4: Add a filter to the photo (optional).
One needs to go to the "Image" menu and select "Filters". This will open a menu with a number of filter options. Filters offer a quick and easy way to make preset stylistic adjustments to the photo.
Step 5: Save your PSD file.
When one is done editing, they can go to “File > Save As”. In the dropdown menu, make sure ".PSD" is selected as the filetype.
- If the PSD file was created from an existing image, the PSD will be a separate file with the changes made.
- Photoshop will also automatically prompt the user to save the work (if they haven't already) upon exiting the program.
Step 6: Resume editing your PSD.
Double-click the new PSD or go to “File > Open” in Photoshop. Upon opening, the layers and edits you included will remain intact and can be modified, deleted, or added.
How to Access a PSD file if you do not have Photoshop?
The applications to access the PSD files on your computer without Photoshop are:
- Photopea Online.
- Google Drive.
- GIMP. If you want to open and edit a PSD file for free, GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is definitely the way to go. ...
- Paint.NET. It is a very powerful graphical editor that can open a PSD file.
Or you can choose to select from our huge variety of ready-made file templates creatively made using Photoshop. Simply edit these 100% customizable templates and make your official documents more appealing.