How to Make a Software Planner in Apple Pages
Planners help in goal setting and ensuring that you’re on the right track to achieve it. According to Holly Trantham, planners will make you look forward to future activities. In software development, planning is also essential and we have guidelines below to help you in making your planner.
1. Decide Whether to Follow a Daily, Monthly, or Weekly Routine
When we say planners, they come in various types depending on the user’s preference and convenience. There is a daily planner and a weekly planner, to name a few. However, there are also planners that follow all of these time frames. Go with whichever frequency works best for you.
2. Identify the Details of the Software
To make a software planner, you need to ask yourself about the software’s details. What steps should you take to finish or get the software application to run? For convenience, you can also write the details on a Gantt chart for time management and work tracking purposes.
3. Refer to a Calendar for Scheduling of Tasks
Throughout this process, it’s good to have a calendar handy especially when it’s time to identify the tasks. With the help of this and the Gantt chart, you’ll know when to assign specific tasks and how long each one should take. This simple reminder will make work planning and daily task management easier for you.
4. Start Designing Your Planner in Apple Pages
For Mac users, Apple Pages is an intuitive word processor that also capable of rendering visual elements. Simply input the details in your planner and add some images to make the layout more appealing. Speaking of images, Pages has a drag and drop feature to help you add and move them around easily.
5. Verify if the Details in Your Planner are Easy to Follow
You need to ensure that you’re planner is realistic and can be followed easily. Especially if this is used for team scheduling purposes, work is more efficient if all employees understand the plan. If certain sections in the planner are too difficult to follow, make the necessary adjustments right away.
What are the different types of software?
- System software - Also known as the operating system, this software helps in coordinating the computer’s various components.
- Application software - This type of software is what users interact with to get a computer to do certain tasks.
- Programming software - A more complex type of software that people who can read programming languages use. This software is capable of creating operating systems and applications.
What is a planner?
A planner, also known as an organizer, is a journal or notebook-like tool for documenting short and long-term plans. A planner also works as a diary, directory, address book, and personal calendar of activities.
Why should we make it a habit to use planners?
Planners are proven to help improve your productivity at work or at home. And since you have a better picture of what needs to be done, planners can also relieve stress.
Why do people recommend using paper planners more than digital ones?
- Handwritten plans and reminders are easier to remember.
- Paper planners help improve your handwriting.
- It disconnects you from the digital world, thus creating fewer distractions.
Are planners worth using?
Yes. Not only does it help you keep track of your plans and goals, but it also reduces stress and promotes creativity.