11+ Appreciation Certificate Templates
There will be times when someone does something that warrants praise or gratitude from others. For businesses, employees that go beyond expectations and help the business reach success are people who should be appreciated to ensure that they continue to do what they’re doing. You may also see Certificate Templates.
One of the best ways to ensure that these employees feel appreciated is by giving them something that immediately tells them how much they’re being valued by the company they work for. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with a proper appreciation certificate.
Elements of a Good Appreciation Certificate
If you’re going to make one, then you should know that there are basic elements that you’re going to have to learn about. You’re going to have to do this to ensure that the certificate is able to present the right information to the person that deserves it.
So here are the elements that will always need to be in whatever appreciation certificate you decide to make:
- Names: If you’re going to present something that shows appreciation, then you’ll want to point out exactly who it’s for. You’re going to have to learn the complete name of the person that you’ll be handing the certificate to. That way, you can guarantee that it makes its way to the hands of the right person. Also, be sure to share the name of the person responsible for issuing the certificate as the receiver might want to know who he/she should thank.
- Purpose: When you hand over an appreciation certificate over to someone, that person is going to want to know exactly why he/she is getting one. It’s here that you’ll need to properly explain why the certificate was made and being given. Be sure that you know the exact reason as to why the employee is receiving the certificate as you don’t want to mistake the actual reason for something else.
- Date: There are times when the employee may want to remember when he/she received the certificate, and there are also times when the employer might want to recall when it was handed over. So what you’ll need to do is to write down the exact date as to when the document was presented to the employee.
- Signatures: The point of the signatures is to prove that the certificate was authorized by someone who’s entitled to provide it. Always make sure that these are present so that nobody will be able to question the legitimacy of the document.
11+ Appreciation Certificate Samples
Modern Appreciation Certificate Template
Certificate of Appreciation for Training Template
Formal Appreciation Certificate Example
Free Appreciation Certificate Template
Military Certificate of Appreciation Template
Employee Appreciation Certificate Sample
Sports Appreciation Certificate Template
Army Appreciation Certificate Template
Teacher Appreciation Certificate Example
Student Appreciation Certificate Sample
Pastor Appreciation Certificate Template
Sample Certificate of Appreciation for Training
How to Create an Appreciation Certificate
When the time comes that you’ll need to make one, it’s important that you know how to do so. Although you’ve already learned about what the documents should contain, it will not be enough until you can manage to find a way to make the document look presentable and professional in the eyes of the receiver.
So here are the steps that will allow you to create an appreciation certificate that an employee will appreciate:
1. Know Who and What the Certificate Is For: Right from the very beginning, you’re going to have to learn about why the certificate needs to be made and who you’re supposed to give it to. These are two pieces of information that you’re definitely going to have to present to the employee via the document.
So what you’ll need to do is to identify what the employee has done to warrant the appreciation certificate. Did he/she do anything that has continuously met or go beyond business expectations? Was there anything notable as of late that the employee did that helped propel the business towards success? When you’ve figured out the answer to either question, then write down a brief but concise explanation as to why the certificate was made.
Then you need to know exactly who the certificate was meant for. This is important as you’ll want to guarantee that you’re presenting it to the right person. You wouldn’t want a situation such as presenting a formal certificate of appreciation to someone who does not deserve it now, do you? To learn who you’re making the document for and make sure that you write down his/her complete name.
2. Provide Information on Who Authorized the Certificate: Remember that the employee receiving the certificate may want to know exactly who was responsible for noticing what he/she has done. This means that you’ll have to provide information about yourself or whoever has decided that the employee should be given something to show appreciation for his/her efforts.
What you’ll want to start with a name. Make sure that you are able to include first names, last names, and the middle initials of the people that are responsible for coming up with the certificate. Next is that you’ll have to include the job titles of these people. Be sure to write down the actual job title of those who have decided to give the employee what he/she deserves.
And lastly, make sure that their signatures are placed within the document. Remember that the point of the signatures is to help the employee guarantee that the certificate was made and authorized by those that actually have the power to do so. Just make sure that these signatures are above the complete names of those who made the document.
Tips for Making an Appreciation Certificate
- Always make sure that it looks presentable: You don’t want to go with a plain background for your appreciation certificate. You want to show the employee that you took the actual time and effort to make it look presentable. So go with a background that suits your company and one that’s visually appealing to any who see it.
- Go with a proper font and font size: You want to go with a font that looks good and you want to go with a size that’s the right size for the recipient to read whatever he/she has read. Take note that information such as the recipient’s name will need to have a slightly larger font than the rest for reasons such as an emphasis on who the certificate is meant for.
- Check for any errors that you may need to fix: If you’re going to present something that shows appreciation, then you’ll want to make sure that you do so in a professional manner. What this means is that you’re going to have to ensure that there are no mistakes in the certificate whatsoever. So what you’ll want to do is to check the document at least twice so that you are able to spot and immediately fix any errors pertaining to spelling, grammar, or even the information that you wish to present. You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself and the company by handing over a certificate that wasn’t properly prepared now, do you?
Types of Appreciation Certificates
If you’re going to make one, then you should that there are many different types and that they all have their own purpose. If you know about the ones that you could possibly make, then you should have an idea as to what they’re meant for. So here are a few examples of appreciation certificates:
- Employee appreciation certificates
- Army appreciation certificates
- Student appreciation certificates
- Pastor appreciation certificates
- Certificate of appreciation for training
- Church certificate of appreciation
- Customer certificate of appreciation
- Girl scout appreciation certificate
Appreciation Certificate Sizes
If you’re going to make any kind of certificate which shows appreciation, then you should know that the standard size would be (US) 8.5 x 11 inches. The size is just enough for you to present what you need to show the employee. You can go with anything slightly larger or smaller, but it’s best that you stick to the standard if you want the document to be professional.
Appreciation Certificate FAQs
Why Do I Need to Make One?
The fact that you’re giving it to an employee will state that he/she has actual value to the company. Sometimes, that’s all an employee needs in order to continue to meet or exceed expectations. Think of it as a way to motivate the employee to keep up the good job.
Is There an Easy Way to Make an Appreciation Certificate?
Yes, all you have to do is to download an appreciation certificate template and customize it in whatever way you wish. You can even decide to go with the ones that are available in this article should you wish to use them.
So long as you follow the information that has been provided to you, you shouldn’t have any problems showing gratitude to someone that has done a good job.
If you would like to learn about the other types of documents that you can create, then you simply need to visit Template.net for your needs. It has many different articles, all of which contains different information that should be able to give you the help that you require. Just be sure that you read the ones that you’ve chosen thoroughly so that you can make the most out of what they have to offer.